HCG Here I Come

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Starting HCG tomorrow. Dose rate of 500IU two times per week. Any thoughts on injection dates? My Test C injections are Sunday and Wednesday. I did read where one physician was recommending the day AFTER the injection.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Starting HCG tomorrow. Dose rate of 500IU two times per week. Any thoughts on injection dates? My Test C injections are Sunday and Wednesday. I did read where one physician was recommending the day AFTER the injection.
Are you currently on trt without HCG? If so why add now?

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
All depends where you're at and what your looking to get from it. Are you just starting test-c cycle, midway into it, or starting post cycle?

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
Six months in on TRT, no cycles.
Should be fine @ 250 twice a week IMO, I'd dose same day as test. Get bloods as per doc request.

j2048b

Awards
I do hcg either the day before test shot, or the day after, mine r 250 iu 2 times a week, along with anastrozole or exemstane depending on what i have at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Should be fine @ 250 twice a week IMO, I'd dose same day as test. Get bloods as per doc request.
The HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - elimination halflife-time EHT is about 33 hours for intramuscular or subcutaneous injections. IF Test C is 48 hours to peak, I do not want my HCG peaking that close at 33 hrs. IF I delay 24 hours then, in theory, I have smoother Test levels (assuming 500IU's produces Test naturally). All theory but this is what I am trying.

j2048b

Awards
The HCG - human chorionic gonadotropin - elimination halflife-time EHT is about 33 hours for intramuscular or subcutaneous injections. IF Test C is 48 hours to peak, I do not want my HCG peaking that close at 33 hrs. IF I delay 24 hours then, in theory, I have smoother Test levels (assuming 500IU's produces Test naturally). All theory but this is what I am trying.
now is this all based on bw? or just how long hcg lasts in a male upon in jection? because if someone is fatter, id think hcg would hang around a bit longer?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
now is this all based on bw? or just how long hcg lasts in a male upon in injection? because if someone is fatter, id think hcg would hang around a bit longer?
I did not read anything about a relationship to body weight. I know with some things like Arimidex the absorption rate can be slowed by taking with food versus on an empty stomach (3-5 hours with food versus one hour without). I am pretty sure your body's absorption rate is not impacted by body weight, otherwise it seem logical that injections would be recommended to be IM versus SC.

j2048b

Awards
I did not read anything about a relationship to body weight. I know with some things like Arimidex the absorption rate can be slowed by taking with food versus on an empty stomach (3-5 hours with food versus one hour without). I am pretty sure your body's absorption rate is not impacted by body weight, otherwise it seem logical that injections would be recommended to be IM versus SC.
bw= blood work, but can be construed as body weight as well, haha!
any wase, i just wonder how one figures without bloodwork, how long the hcg would taper off by? i mean one usually takes hcg a few days before pinning test, in order to give their levels a boost, thats why i usaully do mine when my test is set to taper, then do my next test shot a day or two after so it all stays pretty level, not many dips or valleys imo.

but with sc, id think the bigger u are fat wise, it would take more time for that chemical to disperse?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
bw= blood work, but can be construed as body weight as well, haha!
any wase, i just wonder how one figures without bloodwork, how long the hcg would taper off by? i mean one usually takes hcg a few days before pinning test, in order to give their levels a boost, thats why i usaully do mine when my test is set to taper, then do my next test shot a day or two after so it all stays pretty level, not many dips or valleys imo.

but with sc, id think the bigger u are fat wise, it would take more time for that chemical to disperse?
Sorry about the miss on BW, duh on me. I agree with your strategy 100%. If I am pinning on Wed and Sun then the Test would peak on Friday and Tuesday so maybe I need to use the HCG on Thursday and Monday.

j2048b

Awards
I pin mon/ thrs with test,
Hcg sunday/wed
Anastrozole 1 mlg tuesday/friday

And its awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
On HCG at 500 iu's twice a week. I am running labs next Wednesday. Should be interesting. Not sure I can "feel" any difference but I "think" my scrotum has dropped close to normal.

Labs will tell all....

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
In for results

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
in, debating 250ius or 400ius 2x a week atm.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I may split the 1,000 iu's per week into three 333 iu injections based on the half-life of HCG.
I used 100 MG of Test C in my injection today, had been running 80. Now that I think about it that could mess up labs. The labs "should" show some "LH"?? maybe??

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I did not pull labs yesterday and I will hold off until next Wednesday. Bad day for me, family matters..........

Sorry guys.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Can somebody explain the importance with hcg during TRT? I have had TRT for about a month but haven't added the hcg yet, will the "cycle" get better with hcg or can I hold off for while?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Can somebody explain the importance with hcg during TRT? I have had TRT for about a month but haven't added the hcg yet, will the "cycle" get better with hcg or can I hold off for while?
Here is the information I collected:

Some doctors are recommending using 200–500 IUs twice a week for men who are concerned about testicular size or who want to preserve fertility while on testosterone replacement. Higher doses, such as 1,000–5,000 IUs twice a week, have been used but I believe that these higher doses could cause more estrogen and DHT-related side effects, and possibly desensitize the testicles for HCG in the long term. Some doctors check estradiol levels a month after this protocol is started to determine whether the use of the estrogen receptor modulators tamoxifen (brand name: Nolvadex) or anaztrozole (brand name: Arimidex), is needed to counteract any increases in estradiol levels. High estradiol can cause breast enlargement and water retention in men but it is important at the right blood levels to maintain bone and brain health.

A very well known doctor in the field of testosterone replacement, Dr. John Crisler (allthingsmale), recommends 250 IU of HCG twice per week for all TRT patients, taken the day of, along with the day before, the weekly testosterone cypionate injection. After looking at countless lab printouts, listening to subjective reports from patients, and learning more about HCG, he reports to be shifting that regimen forward one day. In other words, his patients who inject testosterone cypionate now take their HCG at 250 IU two days before, as well as the day immediately previous to, their weekly intramuscular shot. All administer their HCG subcutaneously, and dosage may be adjusted as necessary (he reports that rarely more than 350 IU twice weekly dose is required).

Hope this helps. In theory you should get a test boost, and a natural scrotum position (versus drawn up) as HCG mimics LH which stimulates the leydig cells to produce Test.

I am guessing in you probably know all this...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Here is the information I collected:

Some doctors are recommending using 200–500 IUs twice a week for men who are concerned about testicular size or who want to preserve fertility while on testosterone replacement. Higher doses, such as 1,000–5,000 IUs twice a week, have been used but I believe that these higher doses could cause more estrogen and DHT-related side effects, and possibly desensitize the testicles for HCG in the long term. Some doctors check estradiol levels a month after this protocol is started to determine whether the use of the estrogen receptor modulators tamoxifen (brand name: Nolvadex) or anaztrozole (brand name: Arimidex), is needed to counteract any increases in estradiol levels. High estradiol can cause breast enlargement and water retention in men but it is important at the right blood levels to maintain bone and brain health.

A very well known doctor in the field of testosterone replacement, Dr. John Crisler (allthingsmale), recommends 250 IU of HCG twice per week for all TRT patients, taken the day of, along with the day before, the weekly testosterone cypionate injection. After looking at countless lab printouts, listening to subjective reports from patients, and learning more about HCG, he reports to be shifting that regimen forward one day. In other words, his patients who inject testosterone cypionate now take their HCG at 250 IU two days before, as well as the day immediately previous to, their weekly intramuscular shot. All administer their HCG subcutaneously, and dosage may be adjusted as necessary (he reports that rarely more than 350 IU twice weekly dose is required).

Hope this helps. In theory you should get a test boost, and a natural scrotum position (versus drawn up) as HCG mimics LH which stimulates the leydig cells to produce Test.

I am guessing in you probably know all this...
Thanks! Very good info :)

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Labs pulled on Wednesday of this week. Now we wait.....

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
Updates?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Sorry for the delay, results are in. The 2-13 labs are on a Wednesday after a Sunday injection of 80 mg Test Cypo (and before the Wednesday injection of 80 mg). I was also taking 2 MG of Anastrozole per week.

Lab results from 2-13-2013
Estrogen 69
Estradiol <15
DHEA Sulfate 72
LH < .2
FSH <.7
Test, Total 766
Test, Free 265.8

The 5-1 labs are on a Wednesday, same regimen as above with the addition of two HCG 500 IU injections twice per week one day after the Test cypo injection.
Lab results from 05-1-2013
Estrogen 113
Estradiol 33
DHEA Sulfate 61
LH < .2
FSH <.7
Test, Total 951
Test, Free 311.9

Conclusion:

The 500 IU's of HCG twice per week resulted in an increase in both total and free test. The increase resulting from HCG also caused a spike in Estrogen. Also note that, based on the recommendation from others on the forum, I had dropped Anastrozole from 3mg per week to 2 Mg per week. I am immediately going back to 3 MG per week and will pull labs in 3 weeks to confirm a reduction in Estrogen from 113 (may be tolerable) but want the drop in Estradiol from 33 to <15.

The addition of HCG clearly had a positive impact on scrotum size and test levels, i.e., producing naturally in addition to Test Cypo injections. I am happy with results once Estradiol is down.

I will add SHBG test next run. On 2-13 run it was 12.

Other observations?
I have been noticing some level or tiredness over that past 4 weeks which I could not attribute to any particular change. I did add 1mg of Finasteride for hair control. I stopped the 1 mg now and want to see if that has an impact. In theory, it should not impact my energy levels. I think the Estradiol results tell the story.....

Symptoms of excess estrogen in aging men include the development of breasts, having too much abdominal weight, feeling tired, suffering loss of muscle mass, and having emotional disturbances. Many of these symptoms correspond to testosterone deficiency as well.
Source: Lund BC, Bever-Stille KA, Perry PJ. Testosterone and andropause: the feasibility of testosterone replacement therapy in elderly men. Pharmacotherapy. 1999 Aug;19(8):951-6.

I hope this information helps others.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I'm sort of supprised that lh and fsh levels remained the same. I was under the impression hcg rises lh directly and fsh indirectly... I'm gonna be starting my hcg next week, which is week 2 of my test e 14 weeker with a 4.5 week kicker of dbol at 40 mgs a day... seeing ur estro spikes confirms that I will add in aromasin earlier than I was going to at 6.25 a day starting day one of hcg...

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
HCG will not raise FSH or LH. HCG "Mimics" LH, it does not produce LH. I was also a little surprised at the E2 level. I would definitely add some kind of AI. Feeling tired from the E2 stinks.........

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Man o man, I was "cranky" today. I hope it is not related to the extra test bump from the HCG and the falling E2 levels........I knew I was edgy and just stayed in my office for most of the day. Probably nothing, time will tell. I am concerned tha1 labs of 951 (should have been my low point in the week) probably related to 1,200 or maybe higher on other days......

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
One of my DOCs expressed concern regarding my "high" Free T level (see below). I told him that was the WHOLE point of TRT and my goals. Not one word about the E1,E2 which was a BIG RED FLAG when comparing labs. Fortunately, he is not my prescribing Doc. My RBC is fine, no other markers for issues.

So, are my Free numbers really that high?

The 5-1 labs are on a Wednesday, same regimen as above with the addition of two HCG 500 IU injections twice per week one day after the Test cypo injection.
Estrogen 113
Estradiol 33
DHEA Sulfate 61
LH < .2
FSH <.7
Test, Total 951
Test, Free 311.9

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Update:
Have not run new labs but the HCG is clearly having a positive impact as scrotum is full and hanging and my test level is remaining in my target zone. I have to conclude that, for me, this has been a success. I did up the AI to 3 MG per week of anastrozole and the tiredness is G O N E. Sweet.

rdent95

Awards
Great update, confirms my thoughts. I am starting a similar regimen tomorrow, test c, 500 iu HCG 2x/week, and starting Anastrozole at 1mg 1x week. My Estradiol is really low rt now.

I didnt go all the way back, how much and how often is your test C?

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Great update, confirms my thoughts. I am starting a similar regimen tomorrow, test c, 500 iu HCG 2x/week, and starting Anastrozole at 1mg 1x week. My Estradiol is really low rt now.

I didnt go all the way back, how much and how often is your test C?
I am going to 180 (90x2) from 160.

rdent95

Awards
Thanks pappy, y, my guy gave me 200/wk, but I think I'll actually start it at 60 or 70 x 2 and adjust if needed from there.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Thanks pappy, y, my guy gave me 200/wk, but I think I'll actually start it at 60 or 70 x 2 and adjust if needed from there.
I noticed a big improvement in sex drive, energy, general outlook on life and have picked up 20 pounds since last July, 95% muscle. You are going to have fun. This process has really grabbed my interest and I am far better for it. I would recommend TRT for most, but I would also recommend a lot of study and this forum has been an unbelievable source if invaluable info. Oh yeah, I have also been disappointed by the traditional medical community in a major way. Many, many uninformed physicians exist in this world.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
New labs in:

Lab results from 2-13-2013
Estrogen 69
Estradiol <15
DHEA Sulfate 72
LH < .2
FSH <.7
Test, Total 766
Test, Free 265.8

Estrogen 113
Estradiol 33
DHEA Sulfate 61
LH < .2
FSH <.7
Test, Total 951
Test, Free 311.9

7- 1 I waited four days after injection before drawings labs to see if my numbers would drop, and they did:
Estrogen < 50
Estradiol Ultra Sensitive) 7
DHEA Sulfate -- missing
LH -- missing
FSH -- missing
Test, Total 747
Test, Free 210
Test, Bioavailable - 431.3
RBC - 5.1 (range of 4.4-5.8)
PSA -- 0.5

I am not happy with these numbers even at 4 days post injection ( I expected higher test). At least I pounded the high Estrogen and E2 back into a hole. The lab company did not provide the same results as in the past this time?? Go figure. I did add Bio available Test which is nice (includes test bound by Albumin, an easily broken bond). My Free test is way down but I can tell you I am obviously running higher levels at 180 MG per week as my strength is very good and improving and sex drive is VERY (too???) good.

Gotta love that PSA!