Androgel1.62vs. Test cyp

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.83%

Androgel1.62vs. Test cyp

My doc has me on androgel 1.62 two pumps a day I could do a test cyp 200 mg shot every two weeks, I have been on the andro for 5 years...it is my choice between the two, my highest levels with gel have only been 600...any thoughts???

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by spaz
    My doc has me on androgel 1.62 two pumps a day I could do a test cyp 200 mg shot every two weeks, I have been on the andro for 5 years...it is my choice between the two, my highest levels with gel have only been 600...any thoughts???
    Start at 100/week, retest and adjust from there. Not many guys need 200/week. 150/week put me in the 1100's.

No need to be that high...

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Yeah, take the shots and tell your doc that you want to see him once a week minimum to split that 200mg shot in half. Or write you a script.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.15%

A friend of mine opted for the shots, because he was not able to get the insurance plan and they wanted about $300-$400 month for Androgel, which his doctor even said was ridiculous, since he knows what they pay for it. I think he gets his shots bi weekly for like $45 or something.

I suppose the only draw back with injections, is the spike at first and then the diminishing towards the end which the gel is more a constant input.
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack
    I suppose the only draw back with injections, is the spike at first and then the diminishing towards the end which the gel is more a constant input.
    Timing is everything here. I notice no effects of peaks and troughs. 3 days after injection I'm still at ~750. that would put my peaks in the ~1050 area. No difference in how I feel...

6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.69%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Same. No peak or drop feeling at all at 50mg e3.5d
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.15%

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    Timing is everything here. I notice no effects of peaks and troughs. 3 days after injection I'm still at ~750. that would put my peaks in the ~1050 area. No difference in how I feel...
    Okay, understood, but do you get them every 3-4 days? Or weekly/ 2x monthly!?
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Okay, understood, but do you get them every 3-4 days? Or weekly/ 2x monthly!?
    I'm every 4 days. Most here inject a couple times a week. Took me a while to dial things in...

9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.15%

Quote Originally Posted by napalm View Post
    I'm every 4 days. Most here inject a couple times a week. Took me a while to dial things in...

Oh!? Okay, gotcha.
    My bud sees his doc every 10 days or so. He says he feels the drops near the end, when it is time to get another shot. I wanna say 200mgs a week.
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.44%

Oh!? Okay, gotcha.
    My bud sees his doc every 10 days or so. He says he feels the drops near the end, when it is time to get another shot. I wanna say 200mgs a week.
    That's an archaic method of getting trt, every 10 there's certainly going to be peaks and troughs. Have him talk to his doc about getting injections at least weekly.

11. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.84%

I can not imagine having to go in for shots two times a week to my Doc. He would not agree to do it anyway. Self injection is the only way to go in my opinion. If you have to pay for a nurse visit it could get expensive as well.

I can not speak about patches versus injections as I elected to go to injections from day one after researching for a week or two. Going on TRT has been one of the best decisions I have made, other than my wife...........
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  262 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.44%

Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    I can not imagine having to go in for shots two times a week to my Doc. He would not agree to do it anyway. Self injection is the only way to go in my opinion. If you have to pay for a nurse visit it could get expensive as well.

I can not speak about patches versus injections as I elected to go to injections from day one after researching for a week or two. Going on TRT has been one of the best decisions I have made, other than my wife...........
    I was looking thru a post you made and we have the exact same protocol. I JUST started today and was wondering how the TRT was working out for you. have 160m a week with 1m arim 3 x a week.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.84%

I can only speak about the TRT without HCG as I just started the HCG 2 weeks ago (4 injections to date). I also have stopped working out (for ONE week) to allow time for an injury to heal (left bicep). I did make one adjustment and backed off the 3 mg of Arimidex by 1 mg but have not run new labs. Having said all this, I am EXTREMELY pleased with results. I posted somewhere this has literally changed my life, and it has, for the better. Pinning is a adjustment but now is quick and I finally figured out how to use four injection spots in the glute area and no longer have soreness.

Coming from a 50 plus male, I recommend you workout, if you are going to workout and have not for some period of time, by starting slowly and do not try to progress at too quick a rate. Nice and slow is better than an injury. BTW, the only time I get muscle soreness is post leg workouts. This is very different than preTRT where I would get sore routinely. I am working out just as hard. I wish you the very best and hope you have a successful experience to accomplish your goals.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Test base to test cyp?
    By syko in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-11-2006, 10:16 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 10:20 PM
  3. 1-test Cyp
    By Mixelflick in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-29-2003, 05:30 PM
  4. Test Cyp Question
    By gettin'old in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 11:17 PM
  5. 1-test/4ad jumpstart with test cyp cycle?
    By Rictor33 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-25-2003, 04:18 AM