Does your body "adapt" to TRT?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post

    Okay, let's say I show the MD research and he is okay with giving it a try. My test production is shutdown at present and everything I have read says you have to start with massive doses (5,000) to get test production post cycle,then back off. I would be attempting in a permanent cycle mode, i.e.. no "post cycle" How do you get test production started in that scenario?
    Not sure your question. If you're shutdown from TRT, and on it for life, why do you want natural production?


  2. Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    Okay, let's say I show the MD research and he is okay with giving it a try. My test production is shutdown at present and everything I have read says you have to start with massive doses (5,000) to get test production post cycle,then back off. I would be attempting in a permanent cycle mode, i.e.. no "post cycle" How do you get test production started in that scenario?
    you don't get it started. the HCG mimics the natural hormone LH which is what causes the testicles to create testosterone themselves. you'd want to start no higher than 250iu 2x a week and evaluate at a month. If you still think you have shrinkage, then going to 500iu is possible. But at that point you may start getting excess estrogen
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    you don't get it started. the HCG mimics the natural hormone LH which is what causes the testicles to create testosterone themselves. you'd want to start no higher than 250iu 2x a week and evaluate at a month. If you still think you have shrinkage, then going to 500iu is possible. But at that point you may start getting excess estrogen
    Sounds right to me and I been challenged by excess Estro. At one point I started getting itching nipples, but since I have moves to 3 MG per week, I have not noticed any symptoms and the slight joint soreness (cured with Fish Oil) may be a positive indicator of Estro control. I will run labs in about three weeks and we will see. Your comments on how HCG works connected.

  4. 3F, your point is well taken and I agree in theory. I would hate for ( and I know you guys will be the h beat of me verbally for this) Obama's administration to make changes in healthcare that could cause problems with my TRT program (insurance coverage, etc.) or for some reason I could not afford the TRT, I would be stuck with a set of testes that had not produced in many years. There seem to be many "research paper" and personal observations about challenges with a test restart in those situations.

    This conspiracy logic is the only reason I am interested in the HCG.

  5. Regarding MACA, I have stated a run and will give everyone my observations (probably belongs in supplement section). It is noted to help with AI and lift sexual function. Probably smoke and mirrors although it has been around and used for thousands of years......
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    3F, your point is well taken and I agree in theory. I would hate for ( and I know you guys will be the h beat of me verbally for this) Obama's administration to make changes in healthcare that could cause problems with my TRT program (insurance coverage, etc.) or for some reason I could not afford the TRT, I would be stuck with a set of testes that had not produced in many years. There seem to be many "research paper" and personal observations about challenges with a test restart in those situations.

    This conspiracy logic is the only reason I am interested in the HCG.
    but this is pointless. You are on TRT because your body doesn't create enough testosterone. Forcing yourself to take more drugs, then more drugs to counteract the effect of those drugs just in case you may have a problem staying on TRT is totally backwards from a health sense since you still after that won't be creating enough anyhow if your TRT is forcibly ended.

  7. Wow, this thread took a turn for the worse. So now we are talking about taking a drug because of made up theory on what the current administration might do.

    Holy crap.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    but this is pointless. You are on TRT because your body doesn't create enough testosterone. Forcing yourself to take more drugs, then more drugs to counteract the effect of those drugs just in case you may have a problem staying on TRT is totally backwards from a health sense since you still after that won't be creating enough anyhow if your TRT is forcibly ended.
    After thinking about it, I agree 100%. It is pointless.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Wow, this thread took a turn for the worse. So now we are talking about taking a drug because of made up theory on what the current administration might do.

    Holy crap.
    Funny, but the information is relevant and informative.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    I do/do not understand? I am at 160 mg per week and adding muscle mass at a faster than ever rate (compared to younger years and pre TRT at my current age). I assume at some point my body will not add additional mass despite my best efforts, including proper diet, sleep, rest, etc. Not sure why I assume this but the competitive body builders ( I have no such goals) are on a much greater TRT rate than me ( I assume to support?? Existing mass and add additional mass). Therefore, it follows that I will "max out" on sustainable muscle mass at some point. I am not sure this conflicts with your comments.

    I just do not want to be disappointed in my goal to move my weight from 180 to 205-215 and maintain that weight.

    BTW, thank you very much for your comments, they are appreciated.
    I have been lifting for thirty years without adding much mass. Since I switched from test cream, which did little good, to test cyp injections the end of last August I have added an inch to my biceps and about ten pounds of weight. A small amount of that is fat and some of it may be water.

    Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I'm thinking about hcg. My balls are smalls and it feels weird.
    I use HCG to keep them large. The thing is, they don't really get small they just get sort of light and soft. They don't hang and when warm my scrotum would just hang there empty.

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    HCG is very expensive for vanity, imo. But my nuts looked great. LOL.

    I couldn't find it under $125 a bottle for 30 days worth.
    Yes, but I'm vain. I have been buying Pregnyl 10000IU vials for about $69. Supposed to be good for 60 Days.

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    500iu twice a week when I was injecting once a week and then I had to switch to 500iu 3xweek. The problem was that even though I technically had enough for a 60 days, it would lose all effectiveness after the bac water in 30-40 days. In my opinion, unless you still plan to have kids, it is a useless product on TRT.
    Unless of course you like your testicles big.

    Something I am trying which was suggested in another forum is to load syringes with HCG then freeze them. There is supposed to be some research out there somewhere saying that this works. Doing this I can get 20 weeks at 250 per week out of one 10000IU vial. If my testicles stay big then I guess I'll know it's working.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    what kind of sucks is that higher doses start to bring new health issues (some that you don't feel) and staying at a high dose for too long makes (at least for the first while) going back to normal dose feel like crap
    This is one of the reasons why I won't go on it unless absolutely necessary. Call me a chicken but I'll boost my test up some with oral supps but that's about it.

  12. Higher doses does not equate to TRT. Going on TRT and keeping your levels in range over the long term, and you won't run into problems.

  13. Do you inject the hcg while frozen? That might shrink your balls too.

  14. Lol. what?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by jack_black View Post
    Do you inject the hcg while frozen? That might shrink your balls too.
    I actually freeze my balls instead

  16. Quote Originally Posted by jack_black View Post
    Do you inject the hcg while frozen? That might shrink your balls too.
    I hold the syringe in my hand until it thaws.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Gutterpump View Post
    Higher doses does not equate to TRT. Going on TRT and keeping your levels in range over the long term, and you won't run into problems.
    Exactly. Many people on TRT are just running low dose cycles claiming to be on replacement therapy. This will undoubtedly create unwanted attention down the road for many of us who truly need it.
    Remember why you started.

  18. For someone who just started TRT (cream initially), this thread was very informative. Two sort of related questions, do you guys who've been on TRT a while still take supplements? Now that I started TRT, my thought is most of the **** I bought over the years is pointless. Obvious exceptions are protein and regular vitamins (fish oil, vitamin d, etc.).

    Thanks for all the great info, if this forum wasn't around I don't know what I'd do. It is crazy in my opinion that people who are on TRT have to hide away on a forum to talk about it rather than have amazing public information, but hey steroids are evil right? </sarcasm>.

  19. I take supplements still, but none obviously related to test.

    Noots:
    Aniracetam
    Bacopa
    Alpha-GPC

    Overall health:
    Cycle Assist (just added this to take the place of all the individual body support I was taking. Hawthorne, Milk thistle, nettle, etc)
    Fish Oil
    L-Citrulline (not consistently)

    I was running Erase and Endosurge still, like I have for years, but recently stopped because I just didn't see a need anymore.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Spyplane View Post
    For someone who just started TRT (cream initially), this thread was very informative. Two sort of related questions, do you guys who've been on TRT a while still take supplements? Now that I started TRT, my thought is most of the **** I bought over the years is pointless. Obvious exceptions are protein and regular vitamins (fish oil, vitamin d, etc.).

    Thanks for all the great info, if this forum wasn't around I don't know what I'd do. It is crazy in my opinion that people who are on TRT have to hide away on a forum to talk about it rather than have amazing public information, but hey steroids are evil right? </sarcasm>.

    I no longer take test boosting supplements, but since I have high SHBG I use supplements to try to increase free testosterone. I also use supplements to try to keep estradiol under control.
  21. Question


    Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    I no longer take test boosting supplements, but since I have high SHBG I use supplements to try to increase free testosterone. I also use supplements to try to keep estradiol under control.

    .......hmmmmm...... .......don't most test boosting supplements have ingredients that lower estradiol and SHBG?

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Able825 View Post
    .......hmmmmm...... .......don't most test boosting supplements have ingredients that lower estradiol and SHBG?
    Not effectively.

  23. SHBG was 15. Range 10-50 nmcl/L

    Good or Bad?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by pappybay View Post
    SHBG was 15. Range 10-50 nmcl/L

    Good or Bad?
    That sounds very good to me. Mine is usually in the 60-80 range leaving me with low free test.

  25. Quote Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    That sounds very good to me. Mine is usually in the 60-80 range leaving me with low free test.
    Awesome. I will have new labs this upcoming week. I suspect they will be good.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. when does your body target muscle for fuel?
    By willc86 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
  2. How does your body "FIX" itself after ROIDS?
    By Cantell in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2009, 11:02 PM
  3. Does your body change daily like mine?
    By pdigs in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-03-2007, 08:00 PM
  5. What happens to your body while your lipids are in bad shape?
    By Zero Tolerance in forum Supplements
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 04:15 AM
Log in
Log in