Low T Therapy
- 12-22-2012, 05:47 PM
Low T Therapy
My Doctor wanted to test my cholesterol etc. so I just had some blood work done. High cholesterol aside, it also showed I have low testosterone (290) for a 37 year old. So she prescribed me testosterone therapy - a product called Axiron.
I have taken natural testosterone boosters before, but never the real stuff.
I have a couple of questions:
1. Is this something I am going to need to take for the rest of my life?
2. Do I need to cycle it?
3. Will I need to take anything to counteract the estrogen?
4. Should I be taking a natural testosterone booster?
Anyone have experience with this?
- 12-23-2012, 09:44 AM
1. Yes, if you want to have normal test levels.
2. No- you will be doing this for life.
3. Usually, not once you get your proper dosing figured out. It seems that it used to be common to just prescribe a bunch of test and then an AI to counteract the effects. Now people are getting smarter and have adjusted the amount and frequency of test to avoid this. Some people may still need an AI though.
4. No, they are worthless.
12-23-2012, 05:04 PM
NLA Performance: The Choice of Champions
12-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Outside of those few studies, I highly doubt anyone is seeing 40% increase from DAA in general. Even if it were accurate, going from a 290 reading to a 406 won't do much for any positive effects.
Do it right and do it big. Get a real prescription.
12-23-2012, 08:02 PM
12-31-2012, 04:41 PM
09-22-2013, 06:23 AM
09-27-2013, 04:06 PM
10-07-2013, 08:31 PM
My doctor prescribed a single shot of 200 mg test cyp per month. My total test levels were 235. Any ideas how to talk him into giving me weekly or bi weekly injections without offending him or sounding like im just wanting it for other reasons? If I go to a different doctor I will have to pay for the trt and dr visit but this doctor is in my plan and anything he prescribes is at no charge.
10-07-2013, 09:38 PM
I was but on TRT, at first I was on 200mg every 3 weeks if test-e. I just told him around day I could feel a drop in my sex drive, energy and sense of well being. So he switched it to 200mg every two weeks. My wife does my injections so we split the dose into 100mg per week and my levels have stabilized and have had no need for a AI
10-07-2013, 09:40 PM
10-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Don't mess with these doctors that won't work with you and your health and well being. This has been around long enough that there is no excuse for a doctor not understanding and being up on proper protocols by now. They are either ignorant or just stubborn.
11-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Hi how are you ? Im in the same situation. I don't know what my count was but I chose the injections & my doc gave me 300mg once every 3 weeks. People are saying & I'm starting to see that it drops back down after 12 days or so. I'm going to try to get them more often at smaller doses.
Could you share some of your knowledge with me please?
11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
In practice, it's 1x week.
If your doctor will not let you do home injections, find another doctor.
11-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Cool thanks for the intel. That's what I want to do. I all ready have an appointment for blood work & a change of cycle.
11-10-2013, 09:45 AM
11-10-2013, 12:40 PM
11-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I have some nolva I was going to use for pct but then my doctor put me on trt, so now I'm wondering if there is any other good reason to hold on to it or just give it to a friend of mine
11-13-2013, 03:21 AM
keep it. Some people get gyno on TRT. Best to have it on hand even if you don't need it, it lasts if it is not liquid.
11-13-2013, 08:17 AM
01-01-2014, 03:37 PM
01-01-2014, 04:01 PM
You may want to also school your doc because he is using an outdated protocol with 200mg e2w. By the time you go in for a shot, you are at or lower than when you first started out. Why go through that rollercoaster when you can easily break that into 100ew, or better yet, 50 e3.5d?
01-01-2014, 04:06 PM
01-01-2014, 04:11 PM
01-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By clint3612 in forum SupplementsReplies: 31Last Post: 05-19-2008, 07:59 PM
- By galapagos in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 12Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:25 PM
- By willis3 in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 2Last Post: 03-09-2007, 12:55 PM
- By bpdaddy in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 12-19-2002, 11:00 AM
- By Sanosuke in forum AnabolicsReplies: 4Last Post: 11-21-2002, 10:08 PM