Not Getting Any Larger

Scamp10

Awards
I'm on my 3rd week of my first cycle of Test Prop at 600/week. My diet is pretty lean and very little fats and I'm eating regularly 5 - 6 times a day but am not getting any larger. I work out every second day at the gym with 45 min of hard cardio.

What am I doing wrong since I'm not getting any bigger muscles?

Thanks for your input.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Eat more. Do less cardio.

aj0538

aj0538

Awards
Not enough info about you. Most people fail to eat right. Bodybuilding is 80% diet IMHO. You can workout every day but if your diet is shyt you aren't going to gain. You definitely need fat in your diet so don't worry about going to low. I also think you're doing too much cardio.

Let us know what you're doing workout wise and how many calories you're getting in including what your macros look like.

Ashto70

Awards
CHO

Hi

As the other guys said, diet, particularly calories from good sources are integral to AAS success.
I had a similar problem with my second cycle. I was consuming about 2000 to 2500 kcals a day, and wasn't gaining anything. As soon as I increased my carbohydrate intake by 500-600kcals and protein by around 300 kcals, I started gaining 2 or 3 lbs per week ( about a kilo). Carbohydrates hold more than ten times as much water per molecule compared to protein too. So if it's basic all over mass you want, and mixed gains during bulking, you've got to eat an adequate amount of carbohydrate (CHO). Also CHO keeps the energy stores in your muscles, in the form of glycogen. Glycogen makes muscles look fuller and assist in the metabolism of fats and proteins. CHO and glycogen also aids in your training, enabling you to power through workouts with more intensity, and enables you to lift more weight safely. This, in turn, increases catabolism, the breakdown of muscle fibres during training. After your workout, when protein and CHO intake is crucial, these broken down muscle fibres or cells, are repaired to be larger and stronger...anabolism.

In short, you can take enough steroids to sink a battleship, but if your diet is full of shortcomings, then your progress will be inadequate and painfully slow. A first cycle is usually a steep learning curve for athletes, and this can prove to be either a disappointment or a fulfilling experience. Most newbies sadly fall into the former. However, with the internet and guys on forums like AM with loads of experience, the poor results can often be reversed or at least minimised if their advice is absorbed and followed.

The only other possibility, if your diet and training are pucka, is the possibility you may have duff, counterfeit, or underdosed gear. Can you be sure you've got a genuine product?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
45 min of cardio is WAY too much of you are trying to grow. Incorporate HIIT instead, get more fat in your diet, and post up your workout. If I see a bunch of isolation work, I am going to hunt you down. LOL

Scamp10

Awards
I'm sure its the genuine product. I am having a problem with the diet. Breakfast is a bowl of oatmeal with blue berries and skim milk and no sugar, snack of unbleached almonds and water, lunch is pasta which is usually lasagna or spaghetti with a sandwich of salmon or tuna (no mayo), snack is more almonds with some water. Dinner could be chicken breast (baked) and half a plate of veggies 1/2 a baked potatoe and orange juice. Almonds are limited to 20 - 30 max/day.

On workout day which is 3 x/week I take in 31 g of protein powder with skim milk before workout and within 30 min after. I also do my pin of 200 of test prop 30 min before my workout.

I need some help with my diet.

My workout takes 2 hrs including my 45 min of cardio which I will cut down to 30.

Feedback please.

I'm 48, 6'2", 198 lbs now.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, for starters, you eat like a bird. Your food choices are great, but I'd double it. Put some olive oil on the pasta, bump up to at least 2% milk (fat is your friend), have a shake with breakfast and another in the afternoon every single day. This will add on around 1500-2000 healthy calories alone.

Here's a good shake:

2 cups milk
2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter
2 vanilla greek yogurts
couple scoops of ovaltine or chocolate flavoring
banana
ice

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
IMO..eat more,i don't o cardio unless im cutting..but thats me and theres a few reasons i don't do alot of lazys not one of em i like to do it. anyway.....from my exp (prop my fav aas) it dosen't let me put on any fat,im not saying eat dirty but up the carb intake if yr doing cardio.ive used prop as a stand alone and got grate gains,not huge,but dry solid muscle.

vassille

Awards
I'm sure its the genuine product. I am having a problem with the diet. Breakfast is a bowl of oatmeal with blue berries and skim milk and no sugar, snack of unbleached almonds and water, lunch is pasta which is usually lasagna or spaghetti with a sandwich of salmon or tuna (no mayo), snack is more almonds with some water. Dinner could be chicken breast (baked) and half a plate of veggies 1/2 a baked potatoe and orange juice. Almonds are limited to 20 - 30 max/day.

On workout day which is 3 x/week I take in 31 g of protein powder with skim milk before workout and within 30 min after. I also do my pin of 200 of test prop 30 min before my workout.

I need some help with my diet.

My workout takes 2 hrs including my 45 min of cardio which I will cut down to 30.

Feedback please.

I'm 48, 6'2", 198 lbs now.
First off why dont you pin 100mg of prop every day.
Second, for a 200lbs guy you should be eating 300-350g of protein daily, with some carbs depending on how much fat or dont want to put on and you def need to eat at least about 100g of fat a day.
So, 350g of protein, 100-150g of fat and the rest carbs. If you get fat cut back on the carbs if too lean add more carbs. Cardio 30min is fine but do it on your days off from lifting.
Food choices:eggs, cheese, beef, poultry, fish, pork, butter, fruit, vegetables, patatoes, oats, cottage cheese, olives, olive oil, nuts and so on. Juices will get you fat they are loaded with sugar..i really dont care for them. Eat a patatoe instead or have a glass of milk
Eat whole foods and you will be fine

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
First off why dont you pin 100mg of prop every day.
Second, for a 200lbs guy you should be eating 300-350g of protein daily, with some carbs depending on how much fat or dont want to put on and you def need to eat at least about 100g of fat a day.
So, 350g of protein, 100-150g of fat and the rest carbs. If you get fat cut back on the carbs if too lean add more carbs. Cardio 30min is fine but do it on your days off from lifting.
Food choices:eggs, cheese, beef, poultry, fish, pork, butter, fruit, vegetables, patatoes, oats, cottage cheese, olives, olive oil, nuts and so on. Juices will get you fat they are loaded with sugar..i really dont care for them. Eat a patatoe instead or have a glass of milk
Eat whole foods and you will be fine
good reply bro,and a very good point (IMO) if you don't mind pin'n every day,i feel better when i use prop everyday,not sure if its my blue print or the prop i use ,stay more even level ,this is not exact science,well....were not all rocket scientist...lol......you guys already know im not from my lame spelling.

Scamp10

Awards
Ok...I'll try the 100 mg pin each day to keep the levels up. I thought about that but I'm pretty new to this. I need as much help with food ideas and workout stuff. I really appreciate all the help that each of you is giving me. I'm pretty lean right now, actually mostly skin and bones. The muscle that has started to develop is well defined but not very big. I just increased the weight level today and had a high cal protein shake before the workout.

I don't drink juices other than 100 % pure orange juice upon waking. Too much sugar for me.

But starting tomorrow when I get up I'll start the 100 mg pin each day to a max of 600 mg/week. Thanks again for all your help people. Just please keep it coming and I'll let you know with regular updates.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That makes total sense. Put your test levels into the stratosphere before you take care of the basics. This will work out well!

vassille

Awards
good reply bro,and a very good point (IMO) if you don't mind pin'n every day,i feel better when i use prop everyday,not sure if its my blue print or the prop i use ,stay more even level ,this is not exact science,well....were not all rocket scientist...lol......you guys already know im not from my lame spelling.
lol I get what you saying bro. Daily pin on prop is the way to go to maximize gains and at 600mg a week that shoul kick some arse!

vassille

Awards
Ok...I'll try the 100 mg pin each day to keep the levels up. I thought about that but I'm pretty new to this. I need as much help with food ideas and workout stuff. I really appreciate all the help that each of you is giving me. I'm pretty lean right now, actually mostly skin and bones. The muscle that has started to develop is well defined but not very big. I just increased the weight level today and had a high cal protein shake before the workout.

I don't drink juices other than 100 % pure orange juice upon waking. Too much sugar for me.

But starting tomorrow when I get up I'll start the 100 mg pin each day to a max of 600 mg/week. Thanks again for all your help people. Just please keep it coming and I'll let you know with regular updates.
Ok cool,
Concentrate on food now, lets see your new diet.

16dawg23

16dawg23

Awards
after handing out advice, i went rite back to 100mg ed, i did a pin count...lol at last post i was at 200e2d...and lets keep it real the pip on one ML of prop is not an issue .....i switch from one butt to other/delt-delt-butt-butt

BJE

BJE

Awards
I work out every second day at the gym with 45 min of hard cardio.

What am I doing wrong since I'm not getting any bigger muscles?

Thanks for your input.
I'm pretty lean right now, actually mostly skin and bones.
I'm not one to give out advice on gaining muscle, but I will say that if you are already lean there isn't really much reason to do any cardio at all. Cardio doesn't build muscle, and it used up calories that could be put to work elsewhere. Besides, in my experience a good weight lifting routine is about like doing HIIT as far as heart rate and such are concerned.

vassille

Awards
after handing out advice, i went rite back to 100mg ed, i did a pin count...lol at last post i was at 200e2d...and lets keep it real the pip on one ML of prop is not an issue .....i switch from one butt to other/delt-delt-butt-butt
You can do quad, glut, shoulder all left and right that's 6 days right there.

Scamp10

Awards
You guys are very, very right about 100 mg pin each day. Sure did level out my mood and energy level. Before it was up on pin day at 200 mg, then down till next 200 mg pin 2 days later. Feel much better over all. Now to improve my diet.

I have a good shake consisting of 2 cups homogenized milk, 300 ml of greek yogurt, 2 heaping tablespoons peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, 60 grams isolate protein, 1 banana, 5 ice cubes then into the blender. Along with the shake I have 1 bowl of oatmeal then 1/2 glass orange juice mixed with 3 raw eggs and 5 or 6 splashes of hot sauce.
Break time its a hand full of almonds, 1 granola bar, 1 cup of water.
Lunch is some kind of pasta, 2 pieces of fruit, more water.
Break time again is same as above.
Dinner is usually turkey breast, 1/3 to 1/2 plate if vegetables, baked potato and a milk shake with 31 grams protein.
No snacks 2 hours before bed.

Any ideas how to improve this people?

Thanks for the input.

bigharleyb

bigharleyb

Awards
Dude, you eat like my wife and she is only 110 lbs,wtf! That shake sounds ok but you should be eating the whole fridge while on cycle. That is the whole point right? Eat to grow, dont worry about fat right now, you probably wont gain anything if you dont stop the cardio. Pick up some heavy weight on compound lifts, some heavy plates of food, rest, and repeat. Oh, and did I say EAT!!!!,for heaven's sake.

vassille

Awards
sample diet(you can switch these meals around to fit your schedule)

1. 6 whole eggs with cheese (omlette or just scrambled)
1 cup oats with milk and handful of almonds if you like

2. Shake: 75g protein+ 30g fat of coconut oil or coconut milk

3. 10oz chicken with vegetables and almonds and olive oil

4. Pre-workout
1 patatoe with 10oz beef and some veggies if u want

5.Post workout:
75g of protein

6. Fish(any) 10oz with some mayo if it's tuna or olive oil on other.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude, you eat like my wife and she is only 110 lbs,wtf! That shake sounds ok but you should be eating the whole fridge while on cycle. That is the whole point right? Eat to grow, dont worry about fat right now, you probably wont gain anything if you dont stop the cardio. Pick up some heavy weight on compound lifts, some heavy plates of food, rest, and repeat. Oh, and did I say EAT!!!!,for heaven's sake.
Great post man. You are the second smartest person in this thread.

BJE

BJE

Awards
Do you have a formula for how many calories and how many grams of protein per day a person should eat to put on a certain amount of muscle? This is something I have been researching.

Scamp10

Awards
Thanks for the sample diet. I'll start it tomorrow and see how it goes. I work shift work and its somewhat hard to eat when I want. Can be challenging but doable. Thanks again.

How do you feel about lamb and/or veal?

vassille

Awards
np
great choices as well. What I do, I get the ground meat variety since it has some fat too and cook it with veggies and spices.
Let me know how this works out, oh and make sure you drink about 1 gallon of water a day.
if you run into more issues let me know i;ll guide you along