Too Much Test Cyp, What to Do

BJE

BJE

Awards
I started test cyp about three months ago. My doctor prescribed for me 100mg testosterone cypionate per week and I am self injecting. At this dose a vial lasts for about twenty weeks. My insurance will allow only three months of a drug at a time. Since you can't divide a vial it paid for a vial and charged me three copays ($30) for the vial. Well the three months was about up and there was no refill on my prescription so I asked the pharmacy to contact my doctors office to ask for a refill. Well the doctor wrote a new prescription for four vials for in the next six months. I got one and paid the three copays again. Insurance will only pay for one more vial which to them would complete my six months worth. I can however buy the other two vial out of pocket.

The question is since at the dose I am at four vials will last me about 80 weeks and I still have a few more weeks left of my first vial, do I just get the two vials which is still more than enough, do I get all the vials and stock pile it, or do I get the vials and run a cycle sometime. I will have nearly three extra 10ml vials of the 200mg/ml test cyp. That is something I have never done, and I can't say I would know what to do.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good problem to have, that is if you plan on blasting at some point. Otherwise just buy what you're going to use for prescription purposes.

Sent from my iPhone

BJE

BJE

Awards
I know that one of the problems men have from doing a cycle is that of PCT. If you are already on TRT and were to increase your weekly dose for a few weeks could you just go back to the prescribed level or would you have to do some form of PCT. I mean the object I assume of PCT is to restart natural test production. If you are already on TRT then that wouldn't be an issue would it? I'm not saying I would do this, but if I could do it without compromising my health then I would consider it.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
The idea is for non TRT patients to abruptly end their cycle of AAS and then begin PCT with the obvious objective of restarting your own system as quickly as possible. With TRT, there is no need to chop the cycle at the end, just taper down the dose of AAS while maintaining your dose of Test.

BJE

BJE

Awards
The idea is for non TRT patients to abruptly end their cycle of AAS and then begin PCT with the obvious objective of restarting your own system as quickly as possible. With TRT, there is no need to chop the cycle at the end, just taper down the dose of AAS while maintaining your dose of Test.
What I am talking about doing is increasing my test cyp dose for a few weeks not adding another AAS.

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
You would not need a pct. Simply return to prescribed dose. Just make sure you are back to normal levels before your doctor tests again so as not to skew results.

BJE

BJE

Awards
What dose of test cyp would be advised for a cycle, and how long would you need to be at that level for results? I am at 100mg per week. Would just going up to 200-300 per week do any good or would the dose need to be a lot higher than that?

BJE

BJE

Awards
I'm not talking about putting on a huge amount of muscle, but to illustrate my muscle situation, despite lifting weights for many years, I am stuck at 6'3" and 167lbs.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
What I am talking about doing is increasing my test cyp dose for a few weeks not adding another AAS.
Same thing would apply. 200-300mgs weekly is still a decent dose and would yield some nice results. If you want to "blow up" then at least 500 would be needed.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not talking about putting on a huge amount of muscle, but to illustrate my muscle situation, despite lifting weights for many years, I am stuck at 6'3" and 167lbs.
You need to go back and look at the basics before thinking that a bump in test is going to make a real difference. In 90% of instances it comes down to diet. At 167lbs, you simply aren't eating enough and of the right things. The reason that the age old "eat to grow" is still relevant is because it is the core of any growth. Even if you run a heavy cycle and don't eat and rest, not much is going to happen.

Also, you say that you have been lifting for many years, but that doesn't mean much. Are you lifting to grow and build, or just lifting like most guys at the gym? You need to incorporate and focus on big compound lifts to stress your muscles and then switch up your routines every 8-10 weeks to keep yourself from getting used to a workout.

In the end: eat, sleep, compound lifts, stress the muscles (heavy week, high rep week), variety.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
You need to go back and look at the basics before thinking that a bump in test is going to make a real difference. In 90% of instances it comes down to diet. At 167lbs, you simply aren't eating enough and of the right things. The reason that the age old "eat to grow" is still relevant is because it is the core of any growth. Even if you run a heavy cycle and don't eat and rest, not much is going to happen.

Also, you say that you have been lifting for many years, but that doesn't mean much. Are you lifting to grow and build, or just lifting like most guys at the gym? You need to incorporate and focus on big compound lifts to stress your muscles and then switch up your routines every 8-10 weeks to keep yourself from getting used to a workout.

In the end: eat, sleep, compound lifts, stress the muscles (heavy week, high rep week), variety.

Awesome and solid advice.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established

BJE, ^^^^^

What kisaj says!

BJE

BJE

Awards
The question I asked in another thread that nobody answered is, everyone says to eat more and eat more protein, but does anyone have a formula for how much to eat to build muscle?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be honest- there is no formula. You can ask 10 different guys and read 10 different articles and they can all be different. What it simply comes down to is eating more of the types of food that will allow you to gain mass and build muscle. For hard gainers, this could be completely different than for those that pack on weight easier. For a hard gainer, this means eating outside of your comfort level and lifting to build mass and strength. This will be a combination of weight lifting in the 6-10 range for hypertrophy and the 2-5 range for strength building.

Probably like you, I had a hell of a time putting on weight. It was so frustrating. I used to weigh 157lb at 6'. I had to increase my calories by about 3000-3500 a day ( for a total of 5500-6000 a day) with a concentration on protein and carbs. I was able to put on about 20lbs a year. I don't like how carbs fill me up, but protein and fat didn't cut it for weight gain.

Now I maintain a steady 200-205 with a diet consisting of 40% protein, 35% fat, and 25% carbs at around 3000-3500 calories. I know to add weight, I have to up my carbs and calories. To drop weight, I have to cut the carbs and the calories.

The only thing I will say is that you need to concentrate on whole, real foods. To eat that many calories and have it filled with sodium and preservatives will not help you gain the mass you want. Lots of meats, eggs, whole grains, dairy (2% minimum), fish, starches, olive oil, etc..

BJE

BJE

Awards
I appreciate your answer. I like the way your realize that there is no formula. I generally don't agree with a lot of what I read on nutrition for muscle building. I think a lot of people have strange ideas. I am especially not into the 'bulk and cut" philosophy. It seems most guys I see are in the thirty year bulk phase and never seem to get to the cutting phase and when they do they never end up getting lean because they never had as much muscle as they thought they did and when they lose weight they get smaller and stop because they are "losing muscle." Therefore they end up being content on just being "big at all cost" as opposed to having a great physique. Besides when you create fat cells they never go away. They can only get smaller.

I don't have a hard time gaining weight, just gaining muscle. I have tried eating more on many occasions with the result being an increase in fat, but not in muscle. I know that working harder on eating the right foods would help.

I have had low testosterone for years and I suppose this hasn't helped much. I went on to testosterone cream but it never got my test level up. I have been on test cyp 100mg/week since the end of August. Since that time I have put on about ten pounds. Some of it I know is fat but I like to think that most of it is muscle. I went from probably around 8% body fat to maybe around 10%.

I usually lift in the 8-12 rep range. The problem I have with lower rep and higher weights than this is my joints and back. I injured my lower back over twenty years ago which set me back for a long time as far as lifting was concerned. My back is in pretty good shape now but I am careful not to do the type of lifting that I know will aggravate it. I also have knee problems and shoulders that ache a lot.

Overall I am fairly satisfied with my physique. At least I'm in better shape than average for a 48 year old man, but I am always looking to improve.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have a good outlook, which I can appreciate. I spend every day looking to improve myself, even if it is in the smallest way. It doesn't always happen, but I think it's equally important to think that it will.

Have you tried looking into a dietitian? They may have some good advice for you.

I feel that a high protein, med-high fat, med-low carb diet works best for me to pack on lean muscle. I also have to eat around 4000-4500 calories because I maintain at around 3000.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
BJE,

You might also try nutrient partitioners such as Recompadrol that stuff nutrients into muscles and not fat cells. They help me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That looks like an interesting product and reminds me of Anabeta- which I actually came back in here to mention. I ran it for 3 bottles for my bulk last winter/spring and the stuff is really good. Read up on the reviews for it regarding hunger and partitioning. I was ravenous on it and it makes you crave better food. I know it sounds weird, but reviews back up what I felt. I literally would sit watching television or something and craving baked chicken breasts. Lol. Might be worth looking into.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw the mention of diet so won't cover that but have you have your blood T levels tested on 100mgs? That dose keeps mine raised for about 3 days before crashing. I require 200-300mgs a week just to function normally. If yiou decide to buy and use the rest 300mgs weekly is a decent cycle, just keep E levels in check.