41 lacking Libido, erection strength and sexual endurance....Help - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

41 lacking Libido, erection strength and sexual endurance....Help

Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
  1. New Member

OK, here is an update...

I went to see an Endocrinologist today. I'm not sure what to think of his advise but here it is. He said my Estrogen wasn't that high?? I was like what? Then he asked me what do I take, I told him milti-vitamins, fish oils etc... Then he asked about my protein shakes. I told him I have been taking them and I switched over to all natural shakes too. He told me that taking the milti and protein shakes are possibly my issue.

Really? He said that the shakes are bad for me and that I don't need a Milti and to stop them now. He said that we get to much nutrition and don't need a milti. He also went as far as saying that the protein shakes are bad for my bones and could be causing my hormone imbalance. I don't know how to take this. Seems crazy to me but he told me to stop taking everything for 3 months then we will retest. What do you guys think of his comments? I was in shock to be honest. He was a Chinese dude and wasn't born here that's for sure. I left there not very happy with his observations but may be jumping the gun. I go back to my Urologist next week. I will see what he thinks of my high estrogen. I personally think its way to high and don't think it's the protein shakes at all. Or my Milti vitamin.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

WOW! thats news to me. never heard that about shakes before
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by giftedrodgers View Post
    WOW! thats news to me. never heard that about shakes before
    Yeah man, I was beside myself when he was saying this to me. He went as far as giving an example of NBA players and why they get stress fractures etc.. It was because they took protein shakes LOL. He said they are strong and have muscles but you can punch them and brake their bones LOL. What??? I didn't want to get in a verbal battle with this guy but I'm frustrated to say the least. I don't know how he thinks that my estrogen level of 132 is OK???
    •   

4. New Member

I recently saw an endo for treatment of hypo and she was preaching same thing. I ended up getting atttitude w her BC she blamed shakes for my lack of libido and energy.
  5. New Member

Have high estrogen and low free test and she pointed to protein shakes couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was telling her feel like **** and that's her professional opinion
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsals22 View Post
    Have high estrogen and low free test and she pointed to protein shakes couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was telling her feel like **** and that's her professional opinion

Is that what your DR said to you? If so what did you do and did you resolve your issues?
  7. New Member

Still in process going to see my 3rd endo in a month. Still ongoing. For some reason neither one of them seem to care that free est high low free test. Both seem to think that I'm relatively young nothing is wrong. Very adamant that I have no energy and no libido all they did was lower dose of synthroid. Its so discouraging to say the least that these doctors won't listen.
    Need to find endo that listens I'm 30 years old diet very clean, train 5 days a week and don't drink smoke or do drugs.
  8. New Member

Angry

Still in process going to see my 3rd endo in a month. Still ongoing. For some reason neither one of them seem to care that free est high low free test. Both seem to think that I'm relatively young nothing is wrong. Very adamant that I have no energy and no libido all they did was lower dose of synthroid. Its so discouraging to say the least that these doctors won't listen. Need to find endo that listens I'm 30 years old diet very clean, train 5 days a week and don't drink smoke or do drugs.
    I'm starting to feel your pain. This guy I saw was a quack in my opinion. I will do as he says but we're just wasting time imo. My diet is better than 90% of Americans. What are we to eat, seeds? I still can't believe that he said it's the protein shakes. I even switched to the all natural ones too...90% of my diet is organic as well. Unreal and I'm as frustrated as you. I hope my Urologists at least tries something. Giving the fact that I feel like crap and have no sex drive and oh look my estrogen is 132... Maybe it's the almonds I'm eating. Somehow my free test is being converted to Estrogen. I don't know why or how, but I feel that is the main issue. Not my diet. I don't know I'm just getting frustrated and mad at all this running around chasing things that don't really make sense to me. Three months here, three months there next thing I know I will be 50 and nothing has been done.
  9. New Member

I felt the drs wouldn't listen or acknowledge how I was feeling BC I wasn't an out of shape 55 yr old man.
  10. New Member

I'm seeing urologist in a week maybe he can help w something. My estrogen wasn't that high but free test was 8.0 and 8.7-25 was scale
  11. New Member

I'm seeing urologist in a week maybe he can help w something. My estrogen wasn't that high but free test was 8.0 and 8.7-25 was scale
    I think my Urologist is they way I solve this. He seems to be open minded and may try different things to fix the issue. I hope. The Endo I saw was a joke.
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    I think my Urologist is they way I solve this. He seems to be open minded and may try different things to fix the issue. I hope. The Endo I saw was a joke.

Any updates to share?
  13. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by natas9 View Post
    Any updates to share?
    Well not really, but I did see my Urologist last Friday. He want's me to do what the Endo says and stop drinking protein shakes and see what my levels are in 3 months. Then I will see the Endo and Urologist again. If the Endo is still a PITA and still blames my diet and doesn't at least try something to make me feel better my Urologist will. I told my Urologist that I fear that the Endo will come up with another BS solution and retest in another 3 months. I don't want this, I'm sick of it. I have had 5 blood tests and want them to at least try a solution. I know it's not my diet. I hope the Endo sees that I still have high E2 and tries to fix that then see how I feel. Maybe he will have me stop eating egg whites LOL.

I will know more in March then update again.
  14. New Member

there is a topic about reducing-estrogen in this forum but I cant url the link because my post count is not high enough... but

if you have high e2 you need to read that article. I'm still tweaking things but it has helped me quite a bit. its in the over 35 forum so just scroll down
  15. New Member

Thanks, I have seen it and have done some of the things in there. I haven't noticed any change yet. I will know more in March.
  16. New Member

Ok here is an update. I will be seeing my Endo this Friday. He had me take some tests prior. What was strange he never tested my Estrogen Total this time when this was the test that came back suspect in the past. I had the following tests done prior to this weeks meeting.

Enhanced Estradiol = 31.57 Not sure what this is for??

Testosterone Total = 483
    LH = 3.66
    Follicle Stim. Hormone 6.70

Again I'm not sure why he didn't test Estrogen total? So frustrating, I can already tell that he'll probably tell me that I'm fine or blame Peanut butter or some crap like that. I will post an update Friday, I'm already dissapointed but hope that they at least try something I'm so tired of blood tests!

17. New Member

My endo blames protein shakes
  18. New Member

I haven't had a shake in 2-3 months, I haven't seen a change in my health at all. I doubt its the shakes! Who is your Endo, I think we have the same one. LOL
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

You know, I was at my Drs about 3 weeks ago and we were going over my diet. He also mentioned that high protein diet had adverse impact on libido, could cause testicular shrinkage and also reduced sperm production!!!! I guess if you are over 40 and your body starts slowing down, you need to think about that if your libido drops and you are having a hard time conceiving with your significant other.

On another note, tribulus and horny goat week works for me. It takes a good 2-3 weeks to kick in but it does the job! + Adding a good NO booster also helps with getting the circulation going down there!
  20. New Member

I would need to see some scientific evidence About protein having adverse effect of libido, testicular size and anything along those lines. The last 2 endos I have seen have spent more time lecturing me about going tanning once a week than listening to how I feel and explaining why my free test and TT are low.
  21. New Member

I would need to see some scientific evidence About protein having adverse effect of libido, testicular size and anything along those lines. The last 2 endos I have seen have spent more time lecturing me about going tanning once a week than listening to how I feel and explaining why my free test and TT are low.
    I just got back from my Endo visit. I feel the same as you do, he lectured me about all the sups and things like that again. He also said that he can't do anything because my nubers are in the correct "range". That's great, he told me that over time I should be normal again. So frustrated, I also schduled another apt. with my Urologist, If he doesn't do anthing then I'm going to start taking my Sups listed in the first post of this thread. If I can lower my E2 and increase test then I am willing to bet I will feel like a new man and have my sex drive back, more energy etc....

I'm not sure what else I can do? Any Ideas?
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

I agree. I looked around the internet for some scientific documentation but didn't find anything regarding extra protein intake and testicular atrophy. I did find an article on Soy protein and its potential effects on Testosterone in males as well as testicular shrinkage but when I looked a their work cited, couldn't find any medical citations.
  23. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bushyman View Post
    I agree. I looked around the internet for some scientific documentation but didn't find anything regarding extra protein intake and testicular atrophy. I did find an article on Soy protein and its potential effects on Testosterone in males as well as testicular shrinkage but when I looked a their work cited, couldn't find any medical citations.
    When I was in my 20's or so I used to drink a lot of soy milk with my shakes but I haven't done that in a while, not sure if that has caused any of my issues or not.
  24. New Member

Been researching a lot on soy bc have Hashimotos and hard to find protein or protein bar w out some sort of soy or soy product in it
  25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

When I was in my 20's or so I used to drink a lot of soy milk with my shakes but I haven't done that in a while, not sure if that has caused any of my issues or not.
    I don't think the research is conclusive so I would not worry about until anything is 100% confirmed. In Asia they consume soy and I have not heard males suffering from low testosterone in masses. Albeit what I am saying is anecdotal, but think about that for a second.
  26. New Member

I'm not sure but the DR's just look at a range and if you fall between that range there isn't a problem. I'm 5'4 170 lbs, if the DR goes by the BMI index I'm obese! But in reality I'm not, but the DR will tell me I need to lose weight! My Endo was more concerned about his liability than anything today. He told me since I'm in the "normal" range he can't give me test because of the side effects and the judge would come after him! He even referenced Michael Jackson's DR's case hahahaha. Even though I tell him I know I don't feel right etc... Oh well, I think my Urologist is more open minded about this and may try something to make me feel better. I will know on the 28th and let you know how it goes.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.

Well good luck dude! Sure you'll be fine. Did you try anything anyone suggested for the time being on this post?
  28. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bushyman View Post
    Well good luck dude! Sure you'll be fine. Did you try anything anyone suggested for the time being on this post?

Thanks man, I hope I feel better soon. I have tried a lot of things, I haven't taken any of my sups yet. I have just been eating clean and not sups for the last few months. But there hasn't been a change in my situation yet. So who knows.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  242 lbs.

I didnt read everyones response, but while on test/tren cycle i started taking caber 1/2 mg. 2 times a week sex drive inreased dramatically, memory also improve d purchased from mpresearch. Vefy affordable feel free to pm. Me oh and im 52 yrs old off cycle right now but still taking it
    Last edited by delcapone; 03-11-2013 at 10:09 AM. Reason: add more
  30. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by delcapone View Post
    I didnt read everyones response, but while on test/tren cycle i started taking caber 1/2 mg. 2 times a week sex drive inreased dramatically, memory also improve d purchased from mpresearch. Vefy affordable feel free to pm. Me oh and im 52 yrs old off cycle right now but still taking it
    Thanks,
    What is caber? I never heard of it.
  31. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Thanks,
    What is caber? I never heard of it.
    Cabergoline/Dostinex , lowers prolactin levels, dopamine agonist
  32. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    Cabergoline/Dostinex , lowers prolactin levels, dopamine agonist
    Thanks! I think some of the sups I have listed in the first post do the same as this one, no? I haven't taken any sups just yet, I have one more visit to the DR's and then I will decide what to do based on his response.
  33. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

conventional single supps

I d avena sativa(also for nicotine urges, quit for the most part)
    tribulus
    macuna prureins(good on moods, good for libid, slows me down a bit, and recharge faster)
    saw palmetto for DHT

also tongkat ali works wonder on overall performance
  34. New Member

I saw my Urologist today, finally something positive to post. He's going to review my blood tests and if he thinks my test in in the range but in the low end of the ranges he is going to try some test shots and see how I do. I told him I do not want creams due to my 6 year old daughter. I also asked about spreading out the shots instead of one large one everymonth and he said he would look into it. Finally a Dr is willing to at least try something and see if it helps me out. I will know more soon and will update you again.
  35. New Member

Well back to the same old thing. My Urologist contacted me today and said all my tests are normal. So he wont give me anything at this point. So I'm stuck in the same place as I was 10 months ago. Not sure what to do now?
  36. Senior Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Handytom View Post
    I d avena sativa(also for nicotine urges, quit for the most part)
    tribulus
    macuna prureins(good on moods, good for libid, slows me down a bit, and recharge faster)
    saw palmetto for DHT

also tongkat ali works wonder on overall performance
    Why would you want to lower your DHT? Talk about a performance killer. As long as your DHT isn't sky high, don't take anything to lower it.
  37. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by lexmuscle View Post
    Why would you want to lower your DHT? Talk about a performance killer. As long as your DHT isn't sky high, don't take anything to lower it.
    I'm not, but I'm going to try the daa and erase pro now that my Dr. will not do anything. I don't know what else to do at this point.
  38. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

saw palmetto

...took it bc I read somewhere that if you raise your test thru macuna, tribulus, and sativa, ones hair could fall out..so the saw palmetto helps counteract DHT.funnny thng is that it does dampen performance somewhat
  39. New Member

I don't care to much about DHT. If I have to shave my head so be it. I'm 42 so who cares at this point LOL. Plus my ears are small LOL!
  40. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

still...

rsther have hair
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Libido is Gone and Erections are Weak
    By libidoless in forum Supplements
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 07:57 PM
  2. Correlation Between Clomid and Libido/Erections