41 lacking Libido, erection strength and sexual endurance....Help

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last

  1. Not only is that book outstanding, but also his ,"Why we get fat" and Dr. Eades "Protein Power"

    Those three books changed my life. I lost 55lbs of fat with dietary changes from their tips.

  2. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    yeah, coupling a bit of taubes dietary with intermittent fasting makes for enjoyable easy maintenance, fat loss, or lean gains just by little shifts. And its good eating the whole time.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yeah, coupling a bit of taubes dietary with intermittent fasting makes for enjoyable easy maintenance, fat loss, or lean gains just by little shifts. And its good eating the whole time.
    Bingo!
    Seem like you have drawn the same conclusion I have.

  4. Just an update, I saw the Urologist today, he said my free test was in normal range. I didn't see the numbers yet they will be mailed to me I hope. He want's me to get an ultra sound done to check blood flow down there. He also gave me some viagra to try... Not sure how that will help with my libido. I see him again Nov 14th for a follow up. So round and round we go and still no answers. I guess I should demand full test on all of my hormones etc... I have held off on the sups for now but I'm tired of waiting. I want to see if they help but I will hold off some more.

  5. ask to see your blood work. What he deems normal and what it is normal for you could be two different things.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    ask to see your blood work. What he deems normal and what it is normal for you could be two different things.
    I should be getting them in the mail. But how do I know what is normal for me? He's telling me that it could be stress lack of sleep etc...everything but low test. Oh and the fact that I'm 41 and as we age our libido drops LOL
  7. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    I should be getting them in the mail. But how do I know what is normal for me? He's telling me that it could be stress lack of sleep etc...everything but low test. Oh and the fact that I'm 41 and as we age our libido drops LOL
    if the numbers don't show low test, then its not low test. This is silver bullet syndrome, you have an answer that you think will fix everything so you want to try to bend reality so that the silver bullet will work.

    Wait till you see the results and find out what he tested. Try the viagra. Then go from there. Stress + lack of sleep are the 2 biggest causes of libido drop / sexual dysfunction in men.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  8. Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    I should be getting them in the mail. But how do I know what is normal for me? He's telling me that it could be stress lack of sleep etc...everything but low test. Oh and the fact that I'm 41 and as we age our libido drops LOL
    Just post them here and will tell you. There is prob an underlying cause
    Everything should be on the table till he gets to the bottom of it.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Just post them here and will tell you. There is prob an underlying cause
    Everything should be on the table till he gets to the bottom of it.
    Ok guys thanks for your help. Here are the results and they are on the low side if you ask me.

    Ferritin
    Me 36.4
    Range - 26-388

    I'm low here

    Total T4

    Me 7.7
    Range 4.5-12.1

    I look normal here

    TSH

    Me 2.13
    Range .0358-3.740

    Look normal here

    Test, Total

    Me 481

    Range 250-1100

    I'm low here

    Test Free

    Me 68.8
    Range 46.0 - 224.0
    I'm low here too

    Testosterone Bioavail

    Me 147.6
    Range 110-575
    I'm low here

    Sex Hormone Bind Glob

    Me 30
    Range 10-50
    Looks normal

    Albumin

    Me 4.7
    Range 3.6 - 5.1
    Looks normal

    In my opinion I'm on the very low side of a lot of these ranges and that doesn't sit well with me. Of course the DR's will say you look normal yada yada but I know I don't feel normal. Maybe I need to be at the higher end of some of these ranges to feel right??

    I feel like it's when the DR will tell you you're obese because your BMI is high. When in reality you have a 6 pack and 18 inch arms... JOKE
  10. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    but those aren't low. The range is the NORMAL range. 481 for total testosterone is totally fine and there is no way that is a cause for ED. There are pro athletes with that for a testosterone level. Without seeing estrogen, prolactin and maybe dht, i'd say that horomones don't appear to have anything to do with your issues.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum
    •   
       


  11. Your iron levels may be a bit low. Look into that.
    Free test is on the low side.
    Where is the LH and E2?
    If the E2 is high the LH will be low big piece of the puzzle right there and prob where your issue might be.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    but those aren't low. The range is the NORMAL range. 481 for total testosterone is totally fine and there is no way that is a cause for ED. There are pro athletes with that for a testosterone level. Without seeing estrogen, prolactin and maybe dht, i'd say that horomones don't appear to have anything to do with your issues.
    Hmm but I don't have ED I can get an erection with no problems. My Libido is the issue. They look low to me to be honest. Just because they fall in a range and they are indeed on the low side of some of these ranges IMO. This doesn't mean "I" shouldnt be at a higher range to feel better right? Everone is different and If my test needs to be at 800-900 to feel better then that's what it is for me correct?

    I guess I need to see if I can get my Estrogen Prolactin and dht tested too. Man this is a pain in the ass, why dont the dr's just run all the test the first time.
  13. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    Hmm but I don't have ED I can get an erection with no problems. My Libido is the issue. They look low to me to be honest. Just because they fall in a range and they are indeed on the low side of some of these ranges IMO. This doesn't mean "I" shouldnt be at a higher range to feel better right? Everone is different and If my test needs to be at 800-900 to feel better then that's what it is for me correct?

    I guess I need to see if I can get my Estrogen Prolactin and dht tested too. Man this is a pain in the ass, why dont the dr's just run all the test the first time.
    if desire is the problem and not performance, there is just about 0 chance it is hormonal related. if it was hormone related, you'd have performance issues on top of desire. Stress, lack of sleep, change of medication, other psychological issues etc are way more likely culprits.


    There would have to be something else wrong for you to "need" 800-900, as odds are good your testosterone level was only that high for a few years between 18-22, if it was ever that high. When you try to treat an issue not caused by one hormone by raising the level of that hormone, sure you may be able to make it go away but at the same time you are then just starting to create new issues over time. "Everyone is different" has nothing to do with what should be a functional range. If it is at all hormone related, its a hormone that you haven't had tested yet as all of those that you have above are in functional range.

    And just so as you more get what I mean, lets say your testosterone levels haev been more or less stable around 500 for the past 10 years. But 3-4 years ago, your estrogen started creeping up. A high estrogen level can dampen sex drive (but as I stated above should also then dampen performance). At the same time, raising your total testosterone now could cause the testosterone : estrogen ratio to get back to a point where your libido feels more normal again. But that would be a much higher estrogen level than now, which in and of itself can lead to other problems - more fat retention, i believe an additional trigger for BPH, hairloss, etc. But your testosterone level as it is without knowing what the other hormones are is definitely in functional range. Normall for a 41 year old, the range is reported more like 280-800 btw. It looks like your lab is using a more general "men over 21" range.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  14. Quote Originally Posted by vassille View Post
    Your iron levels may be a bit low. Look into that.
    Free test is on the low side.
    Where is the LH and E2?
    If the E2 is high the LH will be low big piece of the puzzle right there and prob where your issue might be.
    What is LH and E2? Estrogen and?

    So if my E2 is high and LH is low what can one do to fix that?
    Thanks

  15. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    if desire is the problem and not performance, there is just about 0 chance it is hormonal related. if it was hormone related, you'd have performance issues on top of desire. Stress, lack of sleep, change of medication, other psychological issues etc are way more likely culprits.


    There would have to be something else wrong for you to "need" 800-900, as odds are good your testosterone level was only that high for a few years between 18-22, if it was ever that high. When you try to treat an issue not caused by one hormone by raising the level of that hormone, sure you may be able to make it go away but at the same time you are then just starting to create new issues over time. "Everyone is different" has nothing to do with what should be a functional range. If it is at all hormone related, its a hormone that you haven't had tested yet as all of those that you have above are in functional range.

    And just so as you more get what I mean, lets say your testosterone levels haev been more or less stable around 500 for the past 10 years. But 3-4 years ago, your estrogen started creeping up. A high estrogen level can dampen sex drive (but as I stated above should also then dampen performance). At the same time, raising your total testosterone now could cause the testosterone : estrogen ratio to get back to a point where your libido feels more normal again. But that would be a much higher estrogen level than now, which in and of itself can lead to other problems - more fat retention, i believe an additional trigger for BPH, hairloss, etc. But your testosterone level as it is without knowing what the other hormones are is definitely in functional range. Normall for a 41 year old, the range is reported more like 280-800 btw. It looks like your lab is using a more general "men over 21" range.
    Thanks, one thing I do notice is that I'm retaining water more and my hair has thinned and I'm starting to lose some of my hair line as well. I'm shedding more and more. So I'm assuming Estrogen and dht are the issues there correct? I need to get those tested as well.
  16. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    Thanks, one thing I do notice is that I'm retaining water more and my hair has thinned and I'm starting to lose some of my hair line as well. I'm shedding more and more. So I'm assuming Estrogen and dht are the issues there correct? I need to get those tested as well.
    yep, and trying to raise your testosterone will only make the 2 of those worse. So although you might get some short term (first couple months) change from going on TRT, it would come back worse after once levels re-stabilize. Thats why finding something that is far off enough to be the cause is so important.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  17. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    yep, and trying to raise your testosterone will only make the 2 of those worse. So although you might get some short term (first couple months) change from going on TRT, it would come back worse after once levels re-stabilize. Thats why finding something that is far off enough to be the cause is so important.
    Ok so lets say my Estrogen and DHT are high, I'm not sure what LH is? What would one be able to do to fix those issues?
  18. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    Ok so lets say my Estrogen and DHT are high, I'm not sure what LH is? What would one be able to do to fix those issues?
    LH is leutenizing hormone.

    Don't fantasize about a cure. get the tests done, see where you are. Then when there is really enough data to point to likely causes, look for treating those whichever they are. Everything has mechanism available to treat it, its just finding out the realistic causes that counts.

    I still think it is more likely to not be fixed without looking at the mental aspect, because as I've said I can't recall ever hearing of someone with hormonal caused lack of libido but no performance issues. Far more normal with hormonal related is that the libido is normal and the performance is poor. Maybe not true ED, but unable to stay erect long enough to orgasm, unable to get fully hard, etc.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  19. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    LH is leutenizing hormone.

    Don't fantasize about a cure. get the tests done, see where you are. Then when there is really enough data to point to likely causes, look for treating those whichever they are. Everything has mechanism available to treat it, its just finding out the realistic causes that counts.

    I still think it is more likely to not be fixed without looking at the mental aspect, because as I've said I can't recall ever hearing of someone with hormonal caused lack of libido but no performance issues. Far more normal with hormonal related is that the libido is normal and the performance is poor. Maybe not true ED, but unable to stay erect long enough to orgasm, unable to get fully hard, etc.
    My main issues are lack or no libido and I don't get fully hard or my erections are not as strong as they used to be. I don't have the drive, stamina like I used to. I feel tired at times, I have water retention and I'm starting to lose my hair. I don't care about my hair I just want to get hard erections and have better performance in sex wise. Whatever path gets me to that point I will be happy.

  20. So when I go back to my DR what other tests do I need? E2, dht, LH anything else?
  21. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    those would be good, the rest of the thyroid ones wouldn't hurt t3/t4/reverse t3 too. It does tend to sound like higher estrogen but its the blood tests that will tell the real story.
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  22. Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    those would be good, the rest of the thyroid ones wouldn't hurt t3/t4/reverse t3 too. It does tend to sound like higher estrogen but its the blood tests that will tell the real story.
    Thanks,

    So if my Estrogen is High and causing my issue would I just need to take something like erase pro or do they have something prescribed that fixes an issue like that?
  23. Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by zenstinkfist View Post
    Thanks,

    So if my Estrogen is High and causing my issue would I just need to take something like erase pro or do they have something prescribed that fixes an issue like that?
    theres a few different prescription drugs that could help. There are different drugs for many different scenarios, thats why identifying the scenario is so important as any treatment can have side effects and there is no point to chasing circles of libido up then down again
    Animis Rep
    facebook.com/xAnimis
    animis.org/forum

  24. E2 is estrogen. LH is signal from pituitary to make more test.
    Desire is related to the test level and free test level. When my test is out of range the desire totally goes away but comes back once the test level is in range once again. Dopamine is also a contribuitor to desire which is more active with higher test.
    As for the other symptoms, losing hair is genetic and it has more to do with the receptors being ultra sensitive than anything. But it has little to do with test levels. If the DHT is causing this not much you can do.
    Free test is what you want to see going up. If it's low there are 2 ways to rectify it:
    1. Either there is something binding to it taking it away from other uses
    2. Your body just doesnt produce enough to keep up with usage.
    So, def look up into estrogen and LH, DHT, Thyroid..even progesterone. It doesnt seem to me, that your levels are off by much and could just be a end result from just aging, or may be food or sleep.

  25. Just a quick update, I'm still waiting to see my DR and get some more test done. I will post the results once I get them.

  26. Hi Guys, I'm going to be getting some more blood work done. LH,FSH,Prolactin, Estrogens total soon. I'm also going to see an Endo end of December. I have changed up my diet a bit to see if that helps. I have added 2-4 whole eggs a day and also added some coconut oil too. I added some Sardines a couple times a week as well. Not sure if this will help but it will at least add some more good fats to my diet. I also take fish oil and CLA.

  27. Dude how is your diet?? Have you tried natural ****? If you question prolactin smash 400mg of b6 a day morning and night... Also any dhea or Trib? And ill tell ya what if you're stressed and lacking sleep... Forget about it... Sleep was huge for me... Going to bed at 12 and getting up at 5 not good... I started going to bed at 10 and started waking up with hard ons which are great to poke with in middle of night... Good luck bro

  28. Thanks for the advice, I will try some b6 do you take a total of 800mg a day or split that into 200mg 2x a day?

    I feel like I eat pretty clean for the most part. I try to go organic on most things. I eat Chicken, Eggs, Egg Whites, grass fed beef 1-2 times a month. Ezekiel Low sodium bread, quinoa, brown rice, avocados, sweet potatoes, apples, red grapefruit, almonds, walnuts, natural peanut butter, walnut oil and avocado oil in salads. Coconut oil. Sardines, Macha green tea daily, coffee, water Natural protein powders. Multi vitamins, cla, green tea, BCAA's

    I may have 1 cheat day a week and one day I may have some beers but other than that I think I eat well. Maybe not??? I don't take dhea at the moment or Trib. I'm waiting to take DAA and the other sups listed in this thread until I get all the tests done and some answers from the DR's. I am dying to try them but I know I should wait so I don't mess up the tests etc...

    Quote Originally Posted by swollz View Post
    Dude how is your diet?? Have you tried natural ****? If you question prolactin smash 400mg of b6 a day morning and night... Also any dhea or Trib? And ill tell ya what if you're stressed and lacking sleep... Forget about it... Sleep was huge for me... Going to bed at 12 and getting up at 5 not good... I started going to bed at 10 and started waking up with hard ons which are great to poke with in middle of night... Good luck bro

  29. Sounds like your on my cut diet... Good for you there... Red meats are still a ? But if organic I suppose in moderation.... Also there is great herbal tonics out there bro... I had complete shutdown after test propionate cycle once... I was freaking!! Look up prolatis... Really good herbal with key tongkat Ali aka long jack.... Asian Viagra stuff is good... Also keep you bcaas up and what not... How's your prostate? I know your 40 so are you taking anything(saw palm) I run it at 35... And do try more sleep as hard as it is in this day in age... Hope all goes well... I wanna bang holes till I can't Lmfao

  30. Looked at threads above... Lol that was me bro... Ran clomid and nolva Bam done... And still do all other nattys... I made appt but bounced and thank god... They are all right lh and estro an prolactin could all be issue but stuff you need is out there man... Your not unfixable. Dude run a good pct that will get your test lvls up... I'd be shocked if you ate those pros and didn't have full hard on... Also that one a day extenze is herbal with dhea in it... Not sure if longjack is though
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Correlation Between Clomid and Libido/Erections
    By Beau in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-30-2014, 05:31 AM
  2. My Libido is Gone and Erections are Weak
    By libidoless in forum Supplements
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
  3. Added strength and enhance sexual pleasure
    By bigjohn58 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 08:15 PM
  4. Endurance, Strength, and Pump Showdown
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 08:52 PM
  5. Anabolics for Strength and Endurance
    By Doomsday in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 07:17 PM
Log in
Log in