I turn 43 in November....

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't been on this site in quite some time. I'll update my background:

I work 40 hours a week. I have a wife and two kids, ages 8 and 3. Active in my church. We have a fairly happy home life.
No significant debts. I am not really stressed out right now, but with kids that could change. Wife and I are doing well. I have no complaints.
My training is pretty much self programmed: Circuit type Crossfit at home, and once a week to the gym to do the basic compound workouts. Run a 5k from time to time. My bodyfat is down since my second kid was born. I can see my abs on a regular basis which is good for me. I could probably compete in some sort of novice, local BB Show if I applied myself.

I am 5'10", 170 lbs. Since I am getting older I was thinking about trying supplements again. Wehn I say again, I mean that I have experimented with supplements only on a short term basis. I took test boosters several years ago, but my doc told me to stop b/c of my family's history of heart disease and stroke. I did D-Bol when I was a teen..., I know, stupid. Reason why I am posting is that I was wondering if any of you in my category had some suggestions about supplementing.

My goal is increased musculature and vascularity.

Thanks in advance.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
if you have abs showing and you are not vascular then you are just not a veiny mofo. some are some arent. do you have thick skin?

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wouldn't know how to tell if I have thick skin or not. I guess I am somewhat vascular. My abs aren't ripped or anything but have the typical four blocks showing which is a tremendous improvement from when I was younger.

napalm

napalm

Awards
musculature and vascularity don't necessarily go together.

i'd quit the crossfit, focus only on big compound movements 3-4 days a week and eat a s.hit ton

some form of dead animal, a starch and veggies...rinse...repeat 5 times a day,

oh yeah, and cheese, lots of cheese

at 5' 10" and 170, you're on the thin side

good luck...