TRT and Free Test Booster?

dalto

dalto

Awards
Hey guys. I've been on various forms of TRT for 6 years now (AndroGel, Testim, Androderm, etc). Last year my insurance plan changed so my doc switched me to test E to help save some $$. I have to say I never felt the benefits of the therapy with any of the other treatments but being on the test E is great. I self administer 200mg every 7 days. The 5 ml vial lasts me 5 weeks. I feel great on this dosage and my levels are good. I do have a bit of an issue with aggression the days following injections but I just read in another thread that Erase may help with those symptoms so I may check that out.

Anyway - Does anyone here feel that a free test booster would be beneficial while on TRT? Would a lower dose per week still be as effective as the 200mg if free test levels can be increased? Curious about this as it would be great to have my vial last a bit longer between refills. I've tried a lower dose on it's own and I don't feel the same benefits & sense of well being as I do on 200mg/ week.

If anyone has any thoughts or recommendations about this please share. Thanks!

napalm

napalm

Awards
200/week is a pretty hefty TRT dose why do you feel the need for test booster? What were your levels the last time you had labs done?

dalto

dalto

Awards
200/week (approximately 145 mgs of actual test per injection) would seem rather high for some people on TRT. For me it's the doasage that works and has me feeling my best. My total level was in the high 700's and free was 12 and 18 ng/dL on my last 2 checks. Before I started on the injections I was only in the 300ng/dL range from the Androgel (before starting any therapy I was below 100 with very low LH/FSH). It's taken several months of increasing dosage to get me in the constant range I'm in now. This is all a result of a traumatic head injury.

I'm just curious to know if the combination of free test booster and a lower weekly dosage of my test E would would give me the same benefits as the 200 mgs/ week. In other words, would using less synthetic test and having a higher free test level equal the same benefit as 200/week? It gets expensive refilling my prescription every 5 weeks. Using a lower dose on it's own hasn't had significant results.

napalm

napalm

Awards
Are you having any side effects from the 200/week? I'm a little confused, if you're levels are in the 700's, and you're not having any sides, why would you change anything? What's your e2 and any other labs you have?

To be honest, I haven't seen any randomized controlled trials of test boosters. There may be some, but I don't think so.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Erase would do you well. Freed up test for me while simultaneously lowered my E2. Solid product.

BJE

BJE

Awards
I self administer 200mg every 7 days. The 5 ml vial lasts me 5 weeks. I feel great on this dosage and my levels are good. I do have a bit of an issue with aggression the days following injections but I just read in another thread that Erase may help with those symptoms so I may check that out.
Something that might help the aggression issue is to split the dose into two per week or one every three days. This will give a more stable level with a lower peak and a higher trough.

I am doing 100mg test cyp per week and am doing it in a dose of 43mg every three days. I use a 1/2" 30g insulin syringe. I have very little fat and I push it deep into my thigh and get it into the muscle. This is virtually pain free and is not a problem doing so often.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If anything would help this it would be nettle extract, I believe division 1 would prob fit the bill. Some like erase but if your e2 is already fine I wouldnt see a reason to lower it more to increase free test. As low estrogen can make lipid panals worse and isnt the healthiest when mixed with test. Keep a close eye on all your labs and ask your doctor what he would like to have you try. I find there as some open minded docs whiling to try new things if its not going to hurt you.

flex000

flex000

Awards
Something that might help the aggression issue is to split the dose into two per week or one every three days. This will give a more stable level with a lower peak and a higher trough.

I am doing 100mg test cyp per week and am doing it in a dose of 43mg every three days. I use a 1/2" 30g insulin syringe. I have very little fat and I push it deep into my thigh and get it into the muscle. This is virtually pain free and is not a problem doing so often.

You use a 1/2" 30g Insulin Syringe for Test C??? I've never heard of that. Oil has a tough time making it through an insulin syringe. Didn't even know it was possible. 1/2" doesn't seem deep enough either. It if works for you, that's good though.

BJE

BJE

Awards
You use a 1/2" 30g Insulin Syringe for Test C??? I've never heard of that. Oil has a tough time making it through an insulin syringe. Didn't even know it was possible. 1/2" doesn't seem deep enough either. It if works for you, that's good though.
It takes several minutes to fill the syringe. I just inject air into the vial then pull out the plunger and lay it down so the vial is upside down above the syringe and come back in a few minutes and it is filled. I have very little fat and I push the needle in firmly so the skin is dimpled and I'm sure I am getting it into the muscle. Not as deeply as an inch needle would do but I think it is good enough. I know that a lot of guys are doing sub cutaneous testosterone injections but I haven't done that.