Free Test and Saw palmetto???? - AnabolicMinds.com

Free Test and Saw palmetto????

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Free Test and Saw palmetto????

I have a question about a couple supplements I've been taking. First off the big 40 is approaching and for some reason I'm on a larger then life health kick....always been in the gym and ate right but just want to fine tune things. I've working on my 2nd bottle of Free Test and def notice test levels on the rise. But I was reading this male multi I pick up by Solgar and saw that it has 25mg of saw palmetto in it. Is that going to counter the test booster by raising estrogen levels? On another note...has anyone ever used or know about Turmeric raising test levels?

Thanks all....

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Hey Tommy,
    Saw Palmetto won't increase your estrogen levels.
    The reason it's been added to a natural test booster is it inhibits the conversion of testosterone to DHT,
    Which causes male pattern baldness if your prone to it, and can cause an enlarged prostate.
    So having Saw Palmetto in there is a good thing
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mysteri View Post
    Hey Tommy,
    The reason it's been added to a natural test booster is it inhibits the conversion of testosterone to DHT,
    Which causes male pattern baldness if your prone to it, and can cause an enlarged prostate.
    excellent first post. welcome to AM. Have some reps!
    I'm just a dude chasing a dream
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Yes, agreed on the great first post.

As far as turmeric- there are a lot of benefits from this, but I have never heard of test increases being one of them. Keep in mind that any test boost you will get from otc herbals is going to be minimal and likely not noticed much. People often mistake energy and clearer thinking for test boost, but if you go actually get tested, it isn't raising it to noticeable levels. Not necessarily a bad thing, mind you.
  5. New Member

Recently I have read that Saw Palmetto can block androgen receptors. Is there any truth to this?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.

Hey mate srry for late reply!
    I haven't read and info on this, I tend to only brelieve studies from pub med etc.

But you might find they both fight for the same receptor, it doesn't block it as such but they may compete for it!
    However I doubt it would be on any great level as its highly used in most supps now and I still get results .
    I will look into it for you though
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  213 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hey Tommy,
    Yes and no. Saw Palmetto will decrease DHT levels in the body, thus indirectly raising estrogen levels since DHT helps to suppress estrogen. Reason why people develop gyno when using Saw Palmetto.
  8. BJE
    Stats
    6'3"  189 lbs.

Hey Tommy,
    Saw Palmetto may increase estrogen, as in the quote below, if you block the conversion to DHT it may increase the conversion to estradiol.

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Yes and no. Saw Palmetto will decrease DHT levels in the body, thus indirectly raising estrogen levels since DHT helps to suppress estrogen. Reason why people develop gyno when using Saw Palmetto.
    I took Saw palmetto for several years and ended up with nipple pain. Looking back I an sure that it was the saw palmetto that increased my estradiol. However 25mg of saw palmetto isn't very much. The standard daily dose is about 320mg.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low LH, FSH, Free Test and Test 32 Year Old Male
    By Bryce720 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 09:25 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2008, 11:59 AM
  3. free test and designer steroids
    By bbcr11 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-07-2008, 11:01 AM