I feel like a student again - testosterone 101 basics?

wellsoci

wellsoci

Awards
Insurance just ran out, but had blood panel taken last month which indicated low testosterone <200. I want to self administer a trt dose of 100-150mg of test cyp or eth a week. I need help with the basics. I will tell you what I know and have read, but still have many questions. Let me know of any errors and/or suggestions. Thanks.

If I get a vial Testosterone Enanthate 300mg/10ml, I assume it will last 20 weeks at a dose of 150mg per week.

Do I need to mix the vial of test with anything, like bact. water or is it good to go with no mixing?

Can one vial of test last that long (10 weeks)? Do I store it in the refrig?

I will be pinning in the thigh using a 1" syringe. Do I need a longer needle?

Do I need an AI like exem or anast? If I do, use the AI every 3day?

wellsoci

wellsoci

Awards
And I hv alot of insulin .5" pins. Can I use them and just pin my delt?

lboston

lboston

Awards
Your assumptions seem correct...

-vial will last 20 weeks (or longer as my vial from the pharmacy states).

-150 may be high...I'd start around 100, get tested, the re-eval. May not need 150.

-AI may not be necessary if you can get the dose right. Erase could be something you could cycle that is OTC. Wonderful product.

-should need no mixing. Good to go in vial.

Hope that helps.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Oh yeah...

-1" is fine. Why even bother with delt?

-can store in dry, room temp cabinet.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Erase is a great AI for TRT if you aren't having big problems. I use it.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
And I hv alot of insulin .5" pins. Can I use them and just pin my delt?
Insulin pins are typically 29-31 gauge and just about impossible to get oil through them. I use a 25ga 5/8" and pin delts.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you dose it? Are you cycling it or staying on long term?
Two a day for the two days following an injection. I used to take it for the normal 8 on, 4 off before starting TRT for the drying effect and the test boost. TRT cuts me up, so I don't need it now and just use it take the edge off after injection.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Two a day for the two days following an injection. I used to take it for the normal 8 on, 4 off before starting TRT for the drying effect and the test boost. TRT cuts me up, so I don't need it now and just use it take the edge off after injection.
So, instead of doing the 8 on, 4 off you just use it sparingly?

Not a bad idea at all. Ive been taking 3 night of injection.

Do you do 2 on day of injection, then the following day, or two on the days that proceed the injection?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Two the following days after injection. I inject in the mid morning every Monday and am fine until the next morning when I feel a little aggressiveness. Very manageable, but still, it's there. I take two Erase and by early afternoon, I am totally fine again. I do the same the next day because I find that the following two days are when I get this. By the third, I am riding perfect until the following Monday.

Could I split this into twice a week at 65mg, yeah, but I really like the idea of taking 5 minutes a week and being done. Plus, I actually like the days after injection because I am a mad man at work. Like I've mentioned, I try to get my big client appointments scheduled in these days.

To be honest, there were times this summer when I wanted to look extra shredded and I would take 1 a day for a week or two and I completely drop water. I love Erase because it is strong enough in 2-3 tabs that it can address mild TRT issues, but mild enough to be able to take long term with little to no side effects. I take fish oil every day, so I don't know if it bothers my joints or not, since I don't have any problems.

lboston

lboston

Awards
It's definitely a good product, no doubt. Every now and again my nipples will get feeling a tad itchy or "burning" and I'll pop about 2-3 erase and it's all good for a few days.

I've thought of ordering aromasin or Adex from research sites, but with erase I'm 100 percent knowledgable on what's in it. I like that.

I can definitely tell a difference in appearance as well. I need that as bring on TRT makes me insanely hungry it seems--all the time!! Often find myself binging on carbs--generally clean carbs.

Except tonight, just at three pumpkin, squash, chocolate chip muffins...d@mn you talk about good!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I hadn't put the two together, but I think I would die without carbs. I literally will crave a piece of bread sometimes. lol

wellsoci

wellsoci

Awards
Thx all! I will try the 5/8" 25 gau. syringe with 100mcg of test per week and see how it goes. After a month I will get levels check and see if test is risen and how my estrogen level looks. So I am guessing only peptides get reconstituted with bact water and not test. So when the test comes in the vial, it is good to go/

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So I am guessing only peptides get reconstituted with bact water and not test. So when the test comes in the vial, it is good to go/
Correct. Also, steroids are dissolved in oils and are not water soluble. So if you ever need to cut steroids/oils, you do so in other oils. The only time this would be an issue is with certain steroids that are dissolved in carriers that are a little harsh to inject with ... I think some form of trenbolone can have a harsh carrier, and some cut it with grapeseed oil, but I don't remember what it was.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Two the following days after injection. I inject in the mid morning every Monday and am fine until the next morning when I feel a little aggressiveness. Very manageable, but still, it's there. I take two Erase and by early afternoon, I am totally fine again.
How does shutting down the estrogen pathway decrease aggressiveness? Which is normally a symptom of high test. I've never seen anyone say "I'm aggro because my ESTROGEN is pegged high!"

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How does shutting down the estrogen pathway decrease aggressiveness? Which is normally a symptom of high test. I've never seen anyone say "I'm aggro because my ESTROGEN is pegged high!"
I think he's saying he has high conversion, and since the immediate days following injection are the peak periods of testosterone he suffers high-E sides then which he controls with Erase.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Estrogen is a huge cause of aggression when people's test is high. Not only do I have first hand knowledge of this, but I've seen many people on this board say the same, especially in the anti-aging forum.

When my test and DHT are high, yet estrogen is controlled, I am SUPER smooth, confident, and things just don't bother me - crap will bounce right off me that would normally annoy me. Never have I gotten out of control or angry when my test and DHT are high while estrogen is controlled. Assertive yes, but in a controlled, confident manner.

Yet when people's estrogen is high / out out of range, they are super bitchy and aggressive. The same when estrogen is too low. Huge mood swings.

I've seen this posted around a lot!! I'm surprised you haven't! It's all tied into neurotransmitters and estrogen's influence on them dude.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Ever been around a pregnant woman? Double the estrogen...my wife is crazy aggressive prego!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was going to post pretty much what you guys just did. Thanks.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Learn something new everyday ... I've never had this problem though. :D

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have it very mild, with just slight discomfort in my mood because I don't like to feel too aggressive. To some guys, they may actually like the amount that bothers me. Everyone is different.

For instance, I took my injection this morning and I am starting to feel this pent up energy in me now about 7 hours later. In the morning, I'll likely feel like I need to go run 20 miles. This is great, but not realistic, and I'll have this energy/slight aggression/fidgety feeling for the next couple days. I found that the Erase takes this down about 50%, which is perfect.

HondaV65

HondaV65

Awards
  • Established
Well I Google'd the words "estrogen" and "aggression" and there are indeed some studies that suggest that estrogen elevates aggression in males.

I've never heard that before - could explain a bit why my T-levels always run around 950 and I never really feel that aggressive.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It all depends on estrogen metabolism, and T:E ratio too, but mainly how you metabolize estrogen.

To take it further, estrogen is directly linked with serotonin levels. Test/DHT is related to dopamine. Without a proper balance, they can get out of whack.

Bubbagump

Awards
So why pin once a week and have "wierd" days instead of twice a week and feeling the same every day?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Because it doesn't quite work that way. There is still a spike, except that I had it twice a week instead of once. It's not a big deal, honestly. In fact, I'd suspect most of you would love the peak. It's not a bad feeling, just powerful.

alpinecoach

alpinecoach

Awards
I personaly love the peak at 100mg per week. I feel on top of the world for the first 4 days then gradualy decline as the week drags on. No estro sides what so ever at 100mg. FYI, I find glute injections much more tollerable, and I use a 22ga pin. no pain at all.

kipp71

Awards
ok I am trying to do the math & I am confused, simple but 100mg 10ml 10bottles of test prop...how long will that las as a first cycle user ,

BJE

BJE

Awards
Insulin pins are typically 29-31 gauge and just about impossible to get oil through them. I use a 25ga 5/8" and pin delts.
I inject test cyp with a 1/2" 30g insulin syringe. I inject into the thigh and since I have little fat I'm getting well into the muscle. It only takes a couple minutes to fill the syringe and a few seconds to inject it. The small needle hasn't been a problem for me and it is easy and painless. I am injecting every three days at 43mg per dose being the equivalent of 100mg/week.