The drive to 40

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.94%

Just started following and have read your journey so far. I agree about laying off all the supplements. I feel like you a putting way too much emphasis on that part of the equation. At the point you are right now, I would just be concentrated on getting your diet dialed in, training, getting enough sleep, and taking supps for your joints. Once you really get all that dialed in, youll be able to run a long way with it. The supps and prohormones should only be added with everything else being in place. I don't think you are there quite yet. This is by no means meant to be a knock. I think it's awesome that you are dedicated and have the heart but I just see the over-supplementing all the time and it usually is not warranted at all. Some good whey, bcaa's, glutamine. That should do just fine for you, barring all else is on point. I really don't think you even need a thermogenic yet. At your weight and composition, you should be able to drop lbs pretty quickly. Of course, this is only my opinion and its meant to be constructive. Either way, I'm still gonna follow along lol

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

I am feeling better with the 4 day split. Taking the day off between chest and shoulders day helps with the shoulder soreness. Feeling more confident about going heavier with dumbell presses and military presses. Split legs up and do squats, leg press, and leg extension at lunch and after work I am doing hamstrings with SLDL and leg curls.

Diet is about the same except I am mixing up carbs and doing some days higher than others. Carb sources are rice and fruit at lunch and afternoon snack. Told DFAC manager he should get a scale so I could weigh his portions for accuracy, he wasn't amused.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

Thanks tarheel, I dont mind criticism I am a big boy. I admit I am relying on supplements to offset my diet. Diet is my weakness, training I feel is fine as long as my "partner" isn't at the gym. Ok maybe I overtrain sometimes.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

Found an Insanity group on base so I started doing Insanity at 8pm 6 days a week. Not the best idea to start on Friday after legs and I could barely walk next 2 days. Didnt workout Sunday due to a bug. Monday was better but I wasn't at 100%. Found a couple guys to workout with sometimes. Just reworking my meals and snacks now with the Insanity class.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.94%

Reworking in what way?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.94%

Rework in what way?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

Sorry for delay but I work about 10 hours a day and after finding time in gym I don't have alot of free time. Reworking by adding a few more carbs and adjusted feeding window. Doing low carb kicks my ass during the Insanity. Work out at lunch, then eat, have a snack about 4-5pm, and eat about 9pm after Insanity. Update pics below. Heading to gym for Insanity as soon as I am done. Name:  Frnt 2 Nov.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  22.6 KBName:  Nov back.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  24.1 KBName:  Side Nov.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  27.3 KB
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

I haven't felt this beat since I played high school football. Upper body, especially triceps and shoulders stay sore due to all the pushup exercises in Insanity. I plan my leg workouts around the plyo workout otherwise they feel like lead and I give out sooner than I like. I take more days off my lunch gym schedule to let my body recover. We have 2 more weeks of Insanity so I may go to a 3 day a week workout at lunch and keep the evening Insanity. Which I hate, I love my lunch workouts. They break up my day and nobody is at the gym at lunch.

I havent missed an Insanity workout since I started. This week has been hard though. Seems I bruised my foot or something, have this pain behind my big toe. Shoes are beat so I ordered some Asics but shipping is so slow here (18-25 days) I sent them to my house. Only 20 more days till I see my wife and kids.

Weight has gone done with Insanity, when I started I was weighing about 217 (evening) but now I am down to 213. Should be more but like I said diet is my weakness. Not that it is bad, I dont eat junk like candy, chips, cake, etc.. Food options can be somewhat limited here. After lunch workout I will break my fast with rice, some form of protein depending on what DFAC serves that day, and some veggies. About 3-4 hours later I have some fruit and whey, may switch up and go get another meal instead. I eat between 9-10pm after Insanity, which is usually tuna maybe turkey or roast beef, tomato, lettuce, pickles, and jalapeno wrap.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.89%

Sub'd.

I turned 43 myself in November. I can see progress from your initial pics and the ones ^^^^^.
    Keep up the good work.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

Sorry for such a delay but work has been busy, had alot to do before I left. Took 2 weeks off the gym and diet suffered while I was home on R&R. Just got back to work and the gym on Wednesday. Go to the gym at lunch and break my fast with a big meal afterwards. I eat a turkey or tuna wrap around 4-5 with some fruit. From 7-8 is Insanity Asylum and from 8-9 is Insanity 6 days a week. The Asylum group just started. This is the last month so final pictures will be coming in 4 weeks. Weight was about 208 before I went back home. Currently I am about 211.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.41%

just read thru the last few pages of this thread...i really think you need to rethink your entire program...diet needs a huge overhaul...very clear that your overtrained....your CNS cant handle that amount of training let alone on that diet..if i were you i would go back to the basics ie:compound movements..some moderate cardio....and get your diet on track..your really just spinning your wheels with what your doing....def appears the desire is there..just need to focus on the correct things...sorry if this is blunt..just the way i see it..
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.41%

btw..it def sounds like your in the military(i was also)...and i know when we were all 18 and went thru basic that fat dropped like flys and everyone got lean getting PT'd to death..only issue is your not 18 anymore..doesnt work the same..
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.4%

Name:  back jan.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  102.7 KBName:  front jan.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  80.5 KB

Attached are the pics taken the day after my birthday. Sorry I havent updated this as much as I would like but my job has begun to take alot of my time. My weight is down to about 204 lbs. My workouts are back/biceps, chest/triceps, shoulders, and legs on Saturday night every week. Depending on my time I do back, chest, or shoulders at lunch and arms after work. At 7pm I have Asylum followed by Insanity at 8. I took days off as needed and occasionally took off the cardio workouts at night if my body needed it. I tried my best to go to all 3 workouts each day but my legs and knees needed a day off every now and then. Asylum and Insanity was 6 days a week with only Sundays off. My diet was limited to the food served and changed daily. Just about every day I fasted with BCAA in the morning and usually had a tuna wrap with rice and chili after Insanity with maybe a Casein shake at bed. Usually had an apple around 6pm. On Mondays for lunch I had Mongolian grill beef, broccoli, green peppers and rice with a smaller portion at 4pm. Tuesday was chicken breast, rice, beans, and some other type of veggies. Followed by smaller portion at 4pm. Wednesday was fish, rice, and veggies with a shake and eggs at 4pm. Thursday lunches were philly meat over rice with peppers, onions, and mushrooms with collard greens and smaller portion at 4pm. Friday would be another day of chicken, rice, and veggies. Saturday was the same as Wednesday with fish as protein source. Sunday was my rest day and I would cut out the rice and have fish or chicken for lunch, 4pm snack, and 8pm dinner.

Looking back at my pictures I see progress and even though I may not be where I want to be, I am alot closer. Now that my birthday has passed my next goal/date is in April when I get to come home for my daughter's competition in Myrtle Beach. Thank you for your comments and good luck with your fitness goals in 2013.

Similar Forum Threads

1. App Nut wants to give you the DRIVE! October Contest
    By OrganicShadow in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 10-23-2011, 08:05 PM
  2. Tat's adding the XFactor to Drive at high RPMs
    By tattoopierced1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 09:40 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
  4. Npc: The Road To Ifbb Pro Status