35 Y/O Male starting and needing help

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13%

35 Y/O Male starting and needing help

Hi guys~ I have searched the forum and I simply get lost in all of the information (mostly due to my lack of knowledge in all of this and the terminology). I am 6'1" and 210 and am likely 20-25 lbs overweight. Not obese, but I am starting to workout and some of the younger guys on my softball team tell me to take supplements to get a boost. MY goal is to get stronger (quicker than just plain working out), with supplements I can buy online or over the counter somewhere. I am expecting you guys to rip me but if a few of you are so inclined, I'd love a step by step method/procedure to get going. I am looking for:
    1. What to buy
    2. How much of said product(s) to take and when to take them.
    3. Should I do split workouts or all body workouts
    4. Etc....

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

CB25

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by cb25 View Post
    Hi guys~ I have searched the forum and I simply get lost in all of the information (mostly due to my lack of knowledge in all of this and the terminology). I am 6'1" and 210 and am likely 20-25 lbs overweight. Not obese, but I am starting to workout and some of the younger guys on my softball team tell me to take supplements to get a boost. MY goal is to get stronger (quicker than just plain working out), with supplements I can buy online or over the counter somewhere. I am expecting you guys to rip me but if a few of you are so inclined, I'd love a step by step method/procedure to get going. I am looking for:
    1. What to buy
    2. How much of said product(s) to take and when to take them.
    3. Should I do split workouts or all body workouts
    4. Etc....

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!!

CB25
    Yer height and weight isnt obese. Creatine, whey and glutamine, LEF has it. Forget about PH, juice, until yuv trained faithfully for at least a year, its easy. 3 full body workouts a week eod or lift every 48 hrs which ever you can handle, keep workouts about an hour, start with light half squats, then bench press, dumbell rows, push pull type training, work opposing muscle groups, stay light, A guy can make progress just by lifting weights even without supplements, train for hypertrophy, building muscle is cool but it takes a lot of costly calories to maintain, massive amounts of food bills. sheesh! Ya go easy man, unless yer goin contest.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%

What Knowbull said is exactly right. The first 15 -17 weeks you'll make progress and a lot, by just showing up and working out. You don't need to push hard the first 4 months. As you go along it will get harder to make progress, but not too hard the first year.

You should do exercises that recruit multiple muscles, and the ones that Knowbull suggested are good starters and will work. And you do need a lot of protein to build muscle. Some need carbs too, but I don't -- everyone needs high protein levels to build muscle fast. There is some things about beef that helps put on muscle fast too, and it's more than the creatine. You don't need PH's for the first year for sure, and if you do the basics right, you don't need them for the first 3 years. You will make vast improvement in that 1st year, let alone 3 years.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yeh, Arnold says it takes 10 years to really see much in terms of real muscle growth. I agree
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.18%
    Achievements Posting Pro

IMO I would work on getting your diet straight and staying faithful in the gym before I would go throwing money away on sups. Some Whey post workout would be good but in my experience your first six months will provide change enough to keep you motivated, once things start leveling off, look at creatine and others.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.25%

I think that you are off to a good start especially since you ate seeking help with what you're doing.
    I offer a workout plan,nutritional advise and recommend supps based on individual needs. Feel free to hit me up for more detailed info if you need some. There is a great deal of good knowledge to be learned by researching as you're doing now.

Keep it up & Do Work!
    Gettin' Gear, Doin Work and Spittin' Knowledge!
    Competitor / Gear God / Trainer
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.8%

Noob here but I definitely agree with what these guys are saying. I pist away plenty of money on sups once upon a time looking for that "miracle pill" ....it doesn't exist and if it did it won't work unless you do. Diet alon
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.8%

Diet alone makes a HUGE difference. Kick sum azz bro
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.78%

Food and im not kidding....What's you diet like on a regular bases?
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%

The problem with newbies is they post something asking for advice, then they never come back. CB25 probably just wanted to know how to hook up with the latest and greatest PHs and how to buy Test Cyp. We've all been a disappointment to him, if that's the case.

CB25 (if you're still around) use stims and creatine for strength building, but you only need stims about 2-3 days per week. These help you really contract muscle intensely and focus on very heavy loads. They won't help much for building big muscles as strength is a separate issue from hypertrophy. Something like Craze or an ECA stack would work, but better not to use every day.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.8%

When you lift make sure you squeeze everything you got into that contraction on each rep with spot on form.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.61%

I'm not a newbie but a newbie to this site. been lifting straight 11 years all natural was stuck at 195 lbs a year ago changed diet eating 5 to 6 times a day healthy muscle went up now I'm 210. Working out almost daily. I am thinking about trying a cycle then doing a little competing. I am 42 male thinking about dbol and test C is this a bad cycle for my age? if so does anyone have a good recommendation?
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Vegastex View Post
    I'm not a newbie but a newbie to this site. been lifting straight 11 years all natural was stuck at 195 lbs a year ago changed diet eating 5 to 6 times a day healthy muscle went up now I'm 210. Working out almost daily. I am thinking about trying a cycle then doing a little competing. I am 42 male thinking about dbol and test C is this a bad cycle for my age? if so does anyone have a good recommendation?
    Everything is according to health levels and not age so much. Get blood work done to know where you're at now. If okay you should be able to do these. You have virgin anabolic receptors so you don't need an advanced cycle starting out. You will get great results from one half of what someone who has done many cycles needs to use.
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.61%

Awesome Bro,

Health is great!!! don't smoke drink occasionally I eat right and I believe I have a good diet rotine.
    I try to work out daily with some cardio involved. Get blood work done yearly
    And so far my numbers look good had it done back in February.
    I will continue To do some research till I feel comfortable.
    Thank you for replying!!!
  15. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.61%

Forgot after my cycle is it pretty much mandatory to us Nolvadex and Clomid?
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.66%

Quote Originally Posted by Vegastex View Post
    Forgot after my cycle is it pretty much mandatory to us Nolvadex and Clomid?
    Yeah, You should do your reading for a bit on the whole on-cycle and PCT stuff you need and what you feel will suit you and have it all set up before starting. You need more direct info for what you're planning on cycling and what is the best drugs or even natural helpers to keep everything in order. I will defer here to people who have actually cycled what you are planning to use.

I take very mild steroids and do have Nolvadex available, but all these post-cycle therapy drugs have some of their own issues you should read up on and get better info than what I can give you.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.61%

Thanks for the info. I'm not looking to cycle a lot just looking for a boost. I'm 210lbs now I'm just looking to get to about 230lbs arms are stuck at 17inches flexed. I defenatly will do my home work. I may just stick with Test C and see how it works for me.
    Thanks again for all the info,

Similar Forum Threads

1. Needing a little help
    By brian101883 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2009, 04:43 PM
  2. New Guy needing help.
    By huntr104 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 10:38 PM
  3. needing some help
    By volfan37 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 09:18 PM
  4. needing a little help
    By caveman54 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 09:49 PM
  5. Starting TREN today...needing input!!
    By tek in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 11:30 PM