Injections vs Gel

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.41%

Injections vs Gel

41 and had test level of 214. Dr. Put me on clomid and it doubled. Felt bad on clomid so he prescribed gel. Lost insurance but doesnt matter cause gel is to expensive anyway. Sis in law is RN and would give me shots. Are shots cheaper and if so how much without prescription plan?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.33%

Shots are cheaper than androgel.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.8%

I started on clomid but it killed my joints even taking cissus so my doc switched me to axiron which I absolutely hated... switched to test cyp yesterday and picked up my first script from WM was 113 with no ins.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Injections can be had for pretty cheap. Even without insurance, it should run about $125 for 3 months worth.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.37%

Wow! It's usually around $80 in my area for Dr prescribed injections.
    Maybe time to find yourself an outside source for some gear... Lol
    Gettin' Gear, Doin Work and Spittin' Knowledge!
    Competitor / Gear God / Trainer
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.55%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Costs me $12 per 200ml vial of Test-E thru my insurance. Testim was $150 for a months supply!
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34%

Answer depends on your plan and how much you are shooting. I use 80mg 2x week done sub Q. Cost about $60 month needles included and that is when I pay 100% of cost myself. Well worth feeling good.
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

at sams club/walmart, a 10ml vial is around $65-80. A box of 100 syringes with needles is around $30. at .6ml a week, a vial is good for at least 13 and as many as 16 injects. the reason for the variance is measuring related, .6 is a pain to get precisely
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.82%

How does one persuade their doctor for injections?
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I found a doctor that did, and went to him. My calls to doctors went "I'm currently on TRT through an anti aging clinic and i self inject at home. I'd rather be seeing a local doctor, and you are on my insurance plan. Does your doctor allow that?"
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.08%

Sorry for jumping in so late in the game.

Clomid just does a number on my eyes. After a couple of weeks, I can't focus on much of anything, even with my glasses.
    It just isn't a viable option for me, as far as boosting test levels. I had read that some company had some sort of clomid derivative in the works as a treatment for hypogonadism. Hopefully, it doesn't have the nasty visual sides of the original clomid.

Anyhow, a few months back, I was diagnosed with hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Androgel, but my cr@p @ss insurance from United Healthcare wouldn't cover it. We switched to Androgel for $35 per month, and I rubbed that sticky stuff all over my arms for several months, and it seemed to help a lot. My energy increased, my belly fat decreased, and women looked a whole lot more interesting.

As much as I thought it was making a big difference in my life (more energy, less belly fat, higher libido), I never got any hard numbers as far as how much it was boosting my test levels. My urologist supposedly did some blood work on me, but when I asked about the results, I never got a response. I asked twice, then gave up. He lost interest in me when I lost my insurance.

About 4 months into the treatment, I lost my insurance, and when I went down to the pharmacy to get a refill, they wanted upwards of $350 per month for my Testim script! I couldn't afford it!!

I spoke with my doctor today about wanting an affordable alternative to Testim, and the least expensive alternative, according to my doctor, was injectable testosterone.

Anyhow, I started test cyp today, at a whopping 50 mg / week, and I'll let you all know how it goes. In a month, I'd really like to get some blood work done to see where I stand.

I look at this dose, and I just have to laugh, because at one time, I was running test cyp at 1g / week. LOL! Oh well!! This is just to make me feel normal again, not to pop me up into the stratosphere!

I'm just really happy that I have an affordable treatment option once again.

-TT
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.67%

I just got prescribed Axiron. Can I ask why you hated it? Thanks.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.39%

Subscribed to see how things turn out.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Quote Originally Posted by thiggins2
    How does one persuade their doctor for injections?
    I had to find another person to see. I read a sticky about finding a compounding pharmacy, called and spoke to pharmacist to about who is doing the most hormone business, and within a couple of weeks I'm doing injects at the house. No more gel and can cycle now with a new bottle a month...
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.08%

Quote Originally Posted by emantest View Post
    I had to find another person to see. I read a sticky about finding a compounding pharmacy, called and spoke to pharmacist to about who is doing the most hormone business, and within a couple of weeks I'm doing injects at the house. No more gel and can cycle now with a new bottle a month...
    My doctor told me that he has the worst luck with patients that get their test from a compounding pharmacy. He has much better luck with Androgel and Testim.

However, others tell me that compounding pharmacy test is great.

Whatever direction you go, get your levels tested. That seems to be my biggest challenge right now.

-TT
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

I just got put on 200 mg a week of Eth. I will start the injections 1/2 a mg Mon and Thurs. My GP prescribed it to me when I complained that $100 a month was just too much after a year. injectable Test is 20 a month on my plan go figure.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.47%

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD

My doctor told me that he has the worst luck with patients that get their test from a compounding pharmacy. He has much better luck with Androgel and Testim.

However, others tell me that compounding pharmacy test is great.

Whatever direction you go, get your levels tested. That seems to be my biggest challenge right now.

-TT
    I only used compounding pharmacy as a source to find a hormone medical person, to obtain a prescription for injectable test. The injectable is not compounded by the pharmacy I use only supplied for $10 per month.
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman Slim View Post
    I just got put on 200 mg a week of Eth. I will start the injections 1/2 a mg Mon and Thurs. My GP prescribed it to me when I complained that $100 a month was just too much after a year. injectable Test is 20 a month on my plan go figure.
    Just a suggestion, but I'd try 100mg a week first and run labs after 4-6 weeks to see if you need to go up. If you research, you'll see that most people don't do well on that much test. Then you are introducing other factors that need to be figured out and will likely eventually end up lowering anyway.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%

I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Just a suggestion, but I'd try 100mg a week first and run labs after 4-6 weeks to see if you need to go up. If you research, you'll see that most people don't do well on that much test. Then you are introducing other factors that need to be figured out and will likely eventually end up lowering anyway.
    Thx for the info good looking out!!!
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Charlieg View Post
    41 and had test level of 214. Dr. Put me on clomid and it doubled. Felt bad on clomid so he prescribed gel. Lost insurance but doesnt matter cause gel is to expensive anyway. Sis in law is RN and would give me shots. Are shots cheaper and if so how much without prescription plan?
    im 37 and mine are 218.... if all you doin it for is to feel alive, i say take the shots. andro jel sucks

Similar Forum Threads

1. B-12 Injections
    By callaway in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-03-2011, 05:26 PM
  2. HCG injections?
    By bigdognhb in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 03:31 AM
  3. B-12 Injections
    By IntensePump in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2