Injections vs Gel

Charlieg

Awards
41 and had test level of 214. Dr. Put me on clomid and it doubled. Felt bad on clomid so he prescribed gel. Lost insurance but doesnt matter cause gel is to expensive anyway. Sis in law is RN and would give me shots. Are shots cheaper and if so how much without prescription plan?

hawkeyes56

Awards
I started on clomid but it killed my joints even taking cissus so my doc switched me to axiron which I absolutely hated... switched to test cyp yesterday and picked up my first script from WM was 113 with no ins.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Injections can be had for pretty cheap. Even without insurance, it should run about $125 for 3 months worth.

str8jacked23

str8jacked23

Awards
Wow! It's usually around $80 in my area for Dr prescribed injections.
Maybe time to find yourself an outside source for some gear... Lol

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
Costs me $12 per 200ml vial of Test-E thru my insurance. Testim was $150 for a months supply! :boggled:

jtwist

Awards
Answer depends on your plan and how much you are shooting. I use 80mg 2x week done sub Q. Cost about $60 month needles included and that is when I pay 100% of cost myself. Well worth feeling good.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
at sams club/walmart, a 10ml vial is around $65-80. A box of 100 syringes with needles is around $30. at .6ml a week, a vial is good for at least 13 and as many as 16 injects. the reason for the variance is measuring related, .6 is a pain to get precisely

thiggins2

Awards
How does one persuade their doctor for injections?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I found a doctor that did, and went to him. My calls to doctors went "I'm currently on TRT through an anti aging clinic and i self inject at home. I'd rather be seeing a local doctor, and you are on my insurance plan. Does your doctor allow that?"

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for jumping in so late in the game.

Clomid just does a number on my eyes. After a couple of weeks, I can't focus on much of anything, even with my glasses.
It just isn't a viable option for me, as far as boosting test levels. I had read that some company had some sort of clomid derivative in the works as a treatment for hypogonadism. Hopefully, it doesn't have the nasty visual sides of the original clomid.

Anyhow, a few months back, I was diagnosed with hypogonadism. My doctor prescribed Androgel, but my cr@p @ss insurance from United Healthcare wouldn't cover it. We switched to Androgel for $35 per month, and I rubbed that sticky stuff all over my arms for several months, and it seemed to help a lot. My energy increased, my belly fat decreased, and women looked a whole lot more interesting.

As much as I thought it was making a big difference in my life (more energy, less belly fat, higher libido), I never got any hard numbers as far as how much it was boosting my test levels. My urologist supposedly did some blood work on me, but when I asked about the results, I never got a response. I asked twice, then gave up. He lost interest in me when I lost my insurance.

About 4 months into the treatment, I lost my insurance, and when I went down to the pharmacy to get a refill, they wanted upwards of $350 per month for my Testim script! I couldn't afford it!!

I spoke with my doctor today about wanting an affordable alternative to Testim, and the least expensive alternative, according to my doctor, was injectable testosterone.

Anyhow, I started test cyp today, at a whopping 50 mg / week, and I'll let you all know how it goes. In a month, I'd really like to get some blood work done to see where I stand.

I look at this dose, and I just have to laugh, because at one time, I was running test cyp at 1g / week. LOL! Oh well!! This is just to make me feel normal again, not to pop me up into the stratosphere!

I'm just really happy that I have an affordable treatment option once again.

-TT

ob5698

Awards
I just got prescribed Axiron. Can I ask why you hated it? Thanks.

emantest

emantest

Awards
How does one persuade their doctor for injections?
I had to find another person to see. I read a sticky about finding a compounding pharmacy, called and spoke to pharmacist to about who is doing the most hormone business, and within a couple of weeks I'm doing injects at the house. No more gel and can cycle now with a new bottle a month...

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I had to find another person to see. I read a sticky about finding a compounding pharmacy, called and spoke to pharmacist to about who is doing the most hormone business, and within a couple of weeks I'm doing injects at the house. No more gel and can cycle now with a new bottle a month...
My doctor told me that he has the worst luck with patients that get their test from a compounding pharmacy. He has much better luck with Androgel and Testim.

However, others tell me that compounding pharmacy test is great.

Whatever direction you go, get your levels tested. That seems to be my biggest challenge right now.

-TT

Sandman Slim

Awards
I just got put on 200 mg a week of Eth. I will start the injections 1/2 a mg Mon and Thurs. My GP prescribed it to me when I complained that $100 a month was just too much after a year. injectable Test is 20 a month on my plan go figure.

emantest

emantest

Awards
My doctor told me that he has the worst luck with patients that get their test from a compounding pharmacy. He has much better luck with Androgel and Testim.

However, others tell me that compounding pharmacy test is great.

Whatever direction you go, get your levels tested. That seems to be my biggest challenge right now.

-TT
I only used compounding pharmacy as a source to find a hormone medical person, to obtain a prescription for injectable test. The injectable is not compounded by the pharmacy I use only supplied for $10 per month.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just got put on 200 mg a week of Eth. I will start the injections 1/2 a mg Mon and Thurs. My GP prescribed it to me when I complained that $100 a month was just too much after a year. injectable Test is 20 a month on my plan go figure.
Just a suggestion, but I'd try 100mg a week first and run labs after 4-6 weeks to see if you need to go up. If you research, you'll see that most people don't do well on that much test. Then you are introducing other factors that need to be figured out and will likely eventually end up lowering anyway.

Sandman Slim

Awards
I will look into it.

Just a suggestion, but I'd try 100mg a week first and run labs after 4-6 weeks to see if you need to go up. If you research, you'll see that most people don't do well on that much test. Then you are introducing other factors that need to be figured out and will likely eventually end up lowering anyway.
Thx for the info good looking out!!!

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
41 and had test level of 214. Dr. Put me on clomid and it doubled. Felt bad on clomid so he prescribed gel. Lost insurance but doesnt matter cause gel is to expensive anyway. Sis in law is RN and would give me shots. Are shots cheaper and if so how much without prescription plan?
im 37 and mine are 218.... if all you doin it for is to feel alive, i say take the shots. andro jel sucks