First post, my blood work, and your thoughts?

pvogel

Awards
Hello all,

First post, so bare with me. I am 36, have been hitting the gym 2-3 times per week for a few years now, and not seeing great results. My guess is I have only put on about 5-10 pounds of actual muscle. So, I started looking into hormone levels, etc. I took the advice I read on this site and got my blood work done.

How do I feel? Okay a majority of the time. High energy in the mornings, that's when I feel my best. Low energy at times, especially in the evenings. I am typically exhausted to the point of wanting a nap after bursts of hard work, like going to the gym, mowing the yard, working on the car, small things. Libido not what it used to be. I try to eat fairly clean and keep alcohol to a minimum.

Testosterone, Serum 403 348-1197
LH 4.7 1.7-8.6
FSH 3.1 1.5-12.4
Estradiol 26.0 7.6-42.6

Everything else in my tests are within range except:

Neutrophils 38 40-74 LOW
Lymphs 50 14-46 HIGH

Thoughts?

MonsterP

Awards
Numbers look decent for someone your age . I would recommend starting out slow and working your way up. 200 or 250 a week. No more.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
pov,

Your test levels are a bit low but not low enough to prevent you from gaining more muscle. How's your basics? What and how much do you eat? Do you exercise the lower part of your body much? Legs? Lower back? Do you do isolation exercises or ones that recruit big groups together? Say pullups? Bent over barbell rows, weighted dips, etc.?