Looking for advice for am workout 45 mins after waking.

Karljustin

Awards
The only time I can find to work out is 4:30 in the morning. I typically go on an empty stomach and a typical low carb pre-workout supp (Hyper FX, Jacked, etc.). Drink a protein shake (gold standard), take my vitamins(mega men), and eat an apple after. I am trying to lose my handles and maintain lean muscle. I have shifted to 3 cardio workouts (35 min high intensity) and 3 weightlifting workouts a week. If I have to miss a workout (usually on Saturday due to watching my 3yr old) it is usually weight training and i hit those body parts the next week. My biggest concern that by working out on an empty stomach I am sacrificing lean muscle for the sake of fat loss. Also I fear I am not supplementing correctly to utilize stored fat for energy.

Typical workouts:
Monday - Elliptical - 35 mins extreme hill (sprint on easy parts, power through resistance), finish with abb wheel
Tuesday - Chest and Legs - Start heavy end with drop sets
Wednesday - Cycling - 35 mins extreme hill (sprint on easy parts, power through resistance), finish with abb wheel
Thursday - Biceps and triceps - Start heavy end with drop sets
Friday - Elliptical - 35 mins extreme hill (sprint on easy parts, power through resistance), finish with abb wheel
Saturday (if possible)- Back and shoulders - Start heavy end with drop sets

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
What is your question?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should ingest 5-10g bcaas if your doing fasted cardio. Same thing for fasted weight training