EPO or Aicar?

endurofish

Awards
I have done a lot of research on endurance enhancing supplements and would love some feedback on EPO and or Aicar if anyone has run these. thanks

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I have done a lot of research on endurance enhancing supplements and would love some feedback on EPO and or Aicar if anyone has run these. thanks
EPO is quite dangerous and has killed some young athletes in incredible shape because it thickens the blood. It simply allows for more Hem, and thus carries more oxygen. The athletes apparently died in the middle of the night due to heart attacks or strokes because of the highly thickened blood. The ones that use it now are reported to use an alarm to get up in the middle of the night to exercise to keep such events from happening.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The OP was not asking about ALCAR (acetyl-l-carnitine).

He was comparing two peptides. EPO and AICAR (i not L).

AiCAR -

AICAR, aminoimidazole carboxamide ribonucleotide, acts as an agonist to AMP-activated protein kinase; AMP-activated protein kinase, also known as AMPK, is an enzyme with an important role in cellular homeostasis and energy regulation.[1] AMPK acts through a variety of means to ultimately stimulate liver fatty oxidation, ketogenesis, beta-cell modulation of insulin secretion, and other functions within the body. AICAR has been shown to stimulate glucose uptake and reduce apoptosis by reducing reactive oxygen compounds within cells.[2][3]

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
The OP was not asking about ALCAR (acetyl-l-carnitine).

He was comparing two peptides. EPO and AICAR (i not L).

AiCAR -
I don't know anything about AiCAR, but I may check it out from curiousity. Just goes to prove that specific info gets old quick, and it's easy to misunderstand what someone means. Perhaps you could enlighten him more. Have you used these two drugs (peptides) Gutterpump? I'm sure he's not interested in natural endurance supps so I deleted that material.

Just did a couple of quick reads on this stuff.

Hey, Fish , try them both and let us know how they worked for you. You're the man.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried either. I'm afraid of anything that will raise hematocrit, since I am on TRT. EPO does seem dangerous in this regard.

From my readings though, I wonder how AICAR can increase endurance. It seems like it'd be better used while cutting or trying to lose weight, although I am sure it does more than what I posted. I just came across that info the other day. it's totally new to me

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
I haven't tried either. I'm afraid of anything that will raise hematocrit, since I am on TRT. EPO does seem dangerous in this regard.

From my readings though, I wonder how AICAR can increase endurance. It seems like it'd be better used while cutting or trying to lose weight, although I am sure it does more than what I posted. I just came across that info the other day. it's totally new to me
I did a couple of checks on Efish's posts and profile. He seems to be trying to lose weight most of all and to thereby improve endurance performance. He smokes so he could start there to improve his VO2 max -- Duh, just quit smoking. He's going to take clen I believe for weight loss. He said he runs 1.5 to 2 hours ever other day and cycles for 3-6 hours the other days, which is pretty hard core, so perhaps he would like to go pro as a triathelete or something.

Did some more quick checks on Aicar, and it was produced to attempt to get the effects of endurance exercise by non-exercisers. Test show that it doesn't work that way on mice and other small animals, but if they do regularly exercise it increases their abilities dramatically -- for small rodents anyway. Yet it seems even more effective to lose weight. There have apparently been humans that have "pioneered" in this weight loss area and gotten great results. Pioneers as we all know often get arrows in their backs, as nobody understands the potential long-term effects this may have.

I don't mind Efish testing this stuff out for us, but I will pass. I really believe he's just trying to show people that he's "cutting edge" on these peptides. I learned a few new facts anyway.