Question about my t cyp dose and diet.

123jrc123

Awards
First off......let me say I hope I'm not asking to many questions at one time and thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I'm 45 years old, 5' 9" and weigh 189 lbs and my body fat is somewhere around 18 to 20%. I train with weights 6 days a week. Each session usually last 1.5 to 2 hours plus I do 20 min cardio before and after each session. I've been training for a little over a year.

I have been on trt for low t for a little over 2 years.

My current schedule is: 200 mgs t cyp ew / .25 mgs anastrozole e5d. This set up usually puts my tt around 1600 to 1800 (300 to 1100 range) and my free t around 1 to 1.5 (.7 to 1 range).

My question is what can I expect if I up my 200 mgs ew to 400 mgs ew and my anastrozole to .25 e3 or 4d? Would I gain to much fat since my bf is already around 18 to 20%? If so, at what bf% would you say a person needs to be at before doing this?

I plan on running 400mgs ew for 12 weeks. After the 12 weeks I would drop back to the 200mgs for atleast six months to a year before even thinking of it again.

Also, I don't see a need for a pct since I'm on trt in the first place.....is that correct?

Another thing is my diet: What macro breakdown of fats/carbs/protein would you suggest? How many total calories would be a good starting point for my weight and bf% to tweak thereafter as needed?

I'm sure there are tons of questions I should be asking but I don't want to over load you guys off the get-go.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

JRC

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
Far to much for me to answer but as I read what you wrote all I could think was ... why? Why are you considering doing this?

You have T-Levels that would shame the average 19 year old bloke already. You make no health complaints. Honestly why don't you look at a strict diet and lose that excess bodyfat (18-20% is nothing to be happy with). The loss of fat will make you look far more healthy, bigger and buffed and you wont be putting your health at any risk at all. I can see no sense in what you plan to do TBH. Sorry to preach hope others chime in and help you out.

You are right about not needing PCT tho unless of course you develop gyno because you misjudge your e levels. Support sups should be considered when you go out of therapeutic TRT levels as well which you are anyway.

123jrc123

Awards
Far to much for me to answer but as I read what you wrote all I could think was ... why? Why are you considering doing this?

You have T-Levels that would shame the average 19 year old bloke already. You make no health complaints. Honestly why don't you look at a strict diet and lose that excess bodyfat (18-20% is nothing to be happy with). The loss of fat will make you look far more healthy, bigger and buffed and you wont be putting your health at any risk at all. I can see no sense in what you plan to do TBH. Sorry to preach hope others chime in and help you out.

You are right about not needing PCT tho unless of course you develop gyno because you misjudge your e levels. Support sups should be considered when you go out of therapeutic TRT levels as well which you are anyway.
I understand your thinking.

The only things that come back on blood work that are not good is ldl, hdl and hem levels in blood if I don't give blood regular.

As I said in my OP I'm not planning on running that high of a dose but for 12 weeks once a year or so just to boost a little extra muscle gain in gym and then right back to trt dose until I feel its safe to do again......going by blood work.

Thanks for your input. From the stand point of general health I know you are right.

BTW, if I do indeed run the 12 cycle as planned and my blood work comes back all jacked up........well, I for sure will not do it again.

Again, thanks.

JRC

Chalkblok

Awards
I gotta agree with AJ Power.. Your levels are decent! You gotta tweak that diet.. with any LTT you have to make sure u are taking in enuff protien, at least 175- 200 grms pd.. everday. Make sure your powder is Isolate form for purity and pound that stuff into ya! Your body can handle alot of cyp..im runnin 200 eod and im rock hard.. dont do cardio before training..later in the day is best or seperate day all together. Really push your self do beat your last session.. and drink ALOT of water, when u get up, guzzle a half litre, you wont believe the diff. In one week! One cheat day a week.. Then back on diet.. helps your mind. I take alot of aminos too..all part of getting the most out of your pharma grade cyp! Do it.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
First off......let me say I hope I'm not asking to many questions at one time and thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I'm 45 years old, 5' 9" and weigh 189 lbs and my body fat is somewhere around 18 to 20%. I train with weights 6 days a week. Each session usually last 1.5 to 2 hours plus I do 20 min cardio before and after each session. I've been training for a little over a year.

I have been on trt for low t for a little over 2 years.

My current schedule is: 200 mgs t cyp ew / .25 mgs anastrozole e5d. This set up usually puts my tt around 1600 to 1800 (300 to 1100 range) and my free t around 1 to 1.5 (.7 to 1 range).

My question is what can I expect if I up my 200 mgs ew to 400 mgs ew and my anastrozole to .25 e3 or 4d? Would I gain to much fat since my bf is already around 18 to 20%? If so, at what bf% would you say a person needs to be at before doing this?

I plan on running 400mgs ew for 12 weeks. After the 12 weeks I would drop back to the 200mgs for atleast six months to a year before even thinking of it again.

Also, I don't see a need for a pct since I'm on trt in the first place.....is that correct?

Another thing is my diet: What macro breakdown of fats/carbs/protein would you suggest? How many total calories would be a good starting point for my weight and bf% to tweak thereafter as needed?

I'm sure there are tons of questions I should be asking but I don't want to over load you guys off the get-go.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

JRC
You're doing something wrong in the basics. When I was 48, I had been working out with weights a little more than two years. I used no external test or steroids, but I probably had natural test levels in the 700s. I did use creatine mono every day and an ECA stack 3 times a week. I peaked the first time in the last of my 47th year and about every four to six months after for a couple of years. I benched raw over 400 pounds( 415 was my record ) and could leg press 1140 pounds a set of 4 lower then parallel. My arms reached 19.25 inches and my weight was 201 at 5'10". I started out as a distance runner and 164 pounds slightly more than 2 years before. The running did set me up with heaps of energy for weights. I also had an ability to digest and absorb a lot of protein as I could handle 280 - 300 grams per day. Rule #1 is you need to eat a lot of protein to gain a lot of muscle, no matter what your test levels are at the time.

Even with test levels of just 500 you should be making solid gains easily still after just one year.

At a 1600 to 1800 level of test you should be able to do whatever you want. The people who jack their test level up over 4500 to 5000 and higher are in a big hurry, and it can cause problems.