old folks update

shealym

Awards
Hello,

I am a master lifter 60 at 230. Just wanted to post an update on my progress. Since I have been using patches from ageforce my PR's have shot up. I am finishing a 6 wk cycle for squat and dead lift. Monday I hit a squat PR of 485 (raw). You would have thought I was giving birth. Thur I will shoot for anotherPR in dead lift with either a 470-475. 6 Months ago my best were in the low 400's. Proof that old folks can still get stronger even if they forget that they are. . . ooops there is thst memory thing again.

grunt03

grunt03

Awards
Thanks for posting it’s very motivating to see people here older than me still improving, it gives me hope.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My dad is 68 and was doing bench sets of 300 with me the other week. All the guys in the gym were in awe. He used to be the one that would load up the leg press with every 45 he could find and rip sets. I read the story the other day on the power of genetics and I thank my parents everyday that I am in the gym and beating 20 somethings in endurance events, runs, etc. on the weekends at 37.

I ran the Tough Mudder last summer here in CO with my 45 yo friend and a 52 yo co worker and we all qualified for the national event with a time of 2:32 in a field average of 3:28. Not bad for some older dudes.