38, on TRT, and fighting back and shoulder acne

ntense

Awards
Hi all,

New to this forum, but not to lifting or supplements. I'm 38 and been on Test Cyp. for about 1-1/2 years now. I take .5 cc's each week and my levels range from 500-600. I'm having a tough time with back and shoulder acne right now (last two months). Doc prescribed Clindamycin/Benz. Per. gel and it works sometimes but it's really inconveniant to use (bleaches clothes, towels, sheets etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.

MOTOengineer

Awards
Had the same issue with my test booster cycle. Tried almost everything. Finally bought a bar of Grandpa's soap with sulfur in it. Cleared it up in about 2 weeks.

MOTOengineer

Awards
I just picked it up at the *** down the road from me.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Used Accutane a long time ago and it worked really well.

ntense

Awards
Any sides from the accutane? Did your skin stay clear?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It cleared my skin up and it stayed clear the only side effects that i can remember were that it really dried out my lips i needed alot of chapstick and drank alot of water.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The stuff is powerful, i believe that it is the strongest prescription that a dermatologist can give for acne.

LikeMike

Awards
I had acne on my shoulders that was very troublesome antibiotic creams helped but it never cleared fully. I tried everything from high dosing vitamin b to gels and foams. Eventually the acne turned cystic and hurt like a *****. I decided to go with accutane before it started to scar. That was the best choice I made. Had to get monthly blood tests and such but it was well worth it. It can be taxing on your liver but clear skin is well worth it to me. Pm me if you have any questions and good luck.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had acne on my shoulders that was very troublesome antibiotic creams helped but it never cleared fully. I tried everything from high dosing vitamin b to gels and foams. Eventually the acne turned cystic and hurt like a *****. I decided to go with accutane before it started to scar. That was the best choice I made. Had to get monthly blood tests and such but it was well worth it. It can be taxing on your liver but clear skin is well worth it to me. Pm me if you have any questions and good luck.
Yeah and I don't know how it kept it off for you but my acne never came back.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

PaleoDoc

PaleoDoc

Awards
testosterone replacement and acne

Hi all,

New to this forum, but not to lifting or supplements. I'm 38 and been on Test Cyp. for about 1-1/2 years now. I take .5 cc's each week and my levels range from 500-600. I'm having a tough time with back and shoulder acne right now (last two months). Doc prescribed Clindamycin/Benz. Per. gel and it works sometimes but it's really inconveniant to use (bleaches clothes, towels, sheets etc.)

Any help would be appreciated.
Ntense,
I have seen this issue with many of my clients when they first start replacement and I typically find that they are taking in too many simple sugars, believe it or not the acne clears with a more Paleo style diet. If that does not work then a course of Minocin usually does the trick.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ntense,
I have seen this issue with many of my clients when they first start replacement and I typically find that they are taking in too many simple sugars, believe it or not the acne clears with a more Paleo style diet. If that does not work then a course of Minocin usually does the trick.
Not if Test Cyp is causing the acne.

ntense

Awards
The breakouts did get worse when I bumped my caloric intake up significantly for my winter bulk. And there were a lot if simple sugars in my diet. Peanut butter and jelly on white bread three times a day, with mass emphasis on the peanut butter and jelly, along with other simple carbs. Cleaned my diet up totally about two weeks ago to see if that would have any effect.

ntense

Awards
Ntense,
Minocin...is that topical or an oral antibiotic?

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The breakouts did get worse when I bumped my caloric intake up significantly for my winter bulk. And there were a lot if simple sugars in my diet. Peanut butter and jelly on white bread three times a day, with mass emphasis on the peanut butter and jelly, along with other simple carbs. Cleaned my diet up totally about two weeks ago to see if that would have any effect.
Keep shooting the test and stop eating sugar, your problem is solved.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
head and shoulders shampoo has the same sulfur in it as grandpa's soap..put it on back or were ever just watch ur eyes of course..

ntense

Awards
head and shoulders shampoo has the same sulfur in it as grandpa's soap..put it on back or were ever just watch ur eyes of course..
Thanks, using the classic clean version already. It's got Zinc which does okay. Will look for one with sulfur.

ntense

Awards
Also started Solodyn ER at 90mg a day and, with docs approval, went to 100mg twice a week with my test injections to see if that will calm things down a bit.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Also started Solodyn ER at 90mg a day and, with docs approval, went to 100mg twice a week with my test injections to see if that will calm things down a bit.
If you had used Accutane the acne would be completely gone already..lol

ntense

Awards
If you had used Accutane the acne would be completely gone already..lol

My doc isn't licensed to write Accutane, I asked. She said she would refer me to a derm if the solodyn doesn't do the trick. I have a follow up in one month.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It happens to me when my estrogen gets high

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Get some blood work. If your estrogens are high, I would think lowering them should dry u up some.

steve0003

Awards
Accutane works but there are plenty of horror stories with it too. Quite a few people think it thinned out their hair in a big way for example. IMHO the best way to do it would be to study the subject before going on the stuff, and probably do a lower dose size than the standard classic one.

I have had great luck fighting my long term acne problems after megadosing on Pantothenic Acid pills. I did 5+ grams (not milligrams) per day for over a month, and then I gradually backed it down to about 2 grams a day for a long term maintinence dose. I wouldn't recommend most people going so high but I've had the acne problem for decades and I tend to need a lot of anything before I respond to it.

Some people have bad things to say about taking lots of Panththenic Acid too. Some people regret ever trying it. So do your homework. I can only tell you what happened to me.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Accutane works but there are plenty of horror stories with it too. Quite a few people think it thinned out their hair in a big way for example. IMHO the best way to do it would be to study the subject before going on the stuff, and probably do a lower dose size than the standard classic one.

Some people have bad things to say about taking lots of Panththenic Acid too. Some people regret ever trying it.
If hair thinning is a concern then i'd be way more worried about the Test Cyp injections that he's getting than the Accutane. I myself and a few people i know have used accutane on a short term basis with very few side effects.I think the biggest concern with Accutane is if you're a pregnant woman and OP dosen't have that worry. lol

ntense

Awards
Hair is good so far. As for aromatising, will all synthetic test aromatise, or just at higher levels?

ntense

Awards
Are vitamin B5 and pantothenic acid one in the same or is it a variety of B5?

adnscmplx

Awards
Just to be clear. "0.5 mL per week." Standard 250 mg/mL concentration? So 125 mg per week. Is that correct?

ntense

Awards
Just to be clear. "0.5 mL per week." Standard 250 mg/mL concentration? So 125 mg per week. Is that correct?
Actually, the concentration I was prescribed is 200 mg/ml. So I was taking 100 mg per week. But according to my last blood test, my levels were low so the doc bumped me to 1 ml per week taken .5 ml twice a week.