TRT and Fertility...when to stop?

lboston

lboston

Awards
I have recently started on TRT and was curious as to what I can do if my wife and I want to conceive again in 2-3 years. I'm 27 now, young for TRT, but my total test was 192...

What can I expect and what should I keep in mind? If TRT would keep us from having another baby, I'm not sure it's worth it for me.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
you can knock a woman up while on trt. since that seems as though it is important to you id keep an eye on sperm count. when the time comes you want to try you may have to come off and go on some drugs to raise sperm ct. of course youd need a thorough pct before coming off

lboston

lboston

Awards
you can knock a woman up while on trt. since that seems as though it is important to you id keep an eye on sperm count. when the time comes you want to try you may have to come off and go on some drugs to raise sperm ct. of course youd need a thorough pct before coming off
Bulldog--thanks. We are talking 3 or so years from now, so it'll be some time. However, still feel like I should keep it in mind and was curious as to whether or not TRT is a death sentence for having another baby "naturally".

lboston

lboston

Awards
I've used gear off and on for the 9 years. My last cycle was about 9 months long. Testosterone, FSH, and LH levels were really good after only a basic pct of HMG, nolva, and letro. Sperm count was very poor for months after. It took 6 months to get in the normal range, and 9 months to get into the high-normal range with full motility and morphology.

I think my first sperm count was 12 million/ml , and this was a month or two of being 'off' and having completed a full pct, and bloodwork was excellent (test was ~900ng/dl, LH and FSH both high). A few months ago it was around 25 million/ml, and this past month, it was 49.8 million/ml, with a total of 198 million.

Some people recover quicker than this, some recover slower. I'd plan out a full 6-9 months.
Thanks--is there anything you can take and remain on test therapy and still keep sperm count up? Also, are the products you mentioned for PCT available OTC?

When I started test replacement a couple weeks ago my levels were 192 ng/dl...