THE END OF OLD AGE......L-carnosine

Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

1. Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Currently, I share that position. Carnosine is an excellent anti-oxidant as well.

Also, considering the fact we are interested in the anti-glycation effects, I think it lends even more credence to Carnosine when LifeExtension Brite Eye III drops for cataracts are made from carnosine.

That said, I am still not 100% certain.
    I took about 15 grams of carnosine and melted a 1/2 pound of coconut oil and mixed them in suspension. This made a very good antioxidant skin cream for a month for my face and arms. I just wanted to test the results, and my skin did improve. I didn't continue because beyond experimenting I don't care enough. I have not tested it orally as I still take BA, but I should as I've still got 85 grams of bulk left over.

2. Your experience and anecdotal feedback are interesting but coconut oil has beneficial skin healing attributes on its own.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
    •   

3. Yes, and that is why I've never came back here and mentioned it. But I do think I will try 2 grams a day orally and drop the BA for a while. I just want to test it out for myself. I am interested in rejuvenation from many viewpoints.

4. Would be very interested in hearing your results.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"

5. I am also interested in those results.
    •   

6. So, which should I get ? I am a 35 year old vegetarian interested in the effects on the brain, gym/muscle also, but secondary. Carnosine or Beta Alanine? I get around 100 grams protein daily from cottage cheese and whey protein/milk. Is that enough histadine ?

7. If you eat a lot of carbs, I'd go with Bentofiamine, if not, Carnosine

Since you are looking for "protection" verses ergogenic effect, I'd choose Carnosine

There's also lipoic acid and several other items that are notable anti-glycation agents
  8. A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit

9. THANKS for putting up this excellent summary.

David

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Lucky,

I guess I have to cheat and make it my favorite Baker's Dozen. I have spentwith no exaggeration, thousands of hours over the last couple decades trying tounderstand Mother Nature/God's Gifts etc. As a result, this nature loving,ex-seminarian firmly believes that Big Pharma is Bad and only God is Good! Iknow I sound hokey to the youngsters today but c'est la vie! Enjoy!

Dutch’sDirty (Baker’s) Dozen of Vitamins

I take dozens of different things but the followinglist consists of the most important to me. They all have some impact on my physical performance in the gym as theyaffect in some way strength/energy/recovery/metabolism etc. Butthey all make the list because they exert tremendous influence on my health,immune system, brain, heart, eyesight, joints, memory. They do a great job against the greatestthreats we face.
    1. Vitamin D3 15,000 IUs
    2. Omega 3s 3 – 6 gms
    3. Astaxanthin 10 mgs
    4. Ubiquinol(CoQH) 100 mgs
    5. Curcumin(Turmeric) 1 gm
    6. Green Tea Extract 2-3 gms
    7. Creatine 4 – 5 gms
    8. Beta-Alanine(Carnosine) 4 – 5 gms
    9. ALCAR 4 gms
    10. ALA 600mgs
    11. Coconut Oil 3 tbspns
    12. Cissus 1.5 gms @ 10% or 2.5 gms @ 5%
    13. Resveritrol (2 glasses of Cab or Merlot)

Awesome list and read. Thank you for this info.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Lucky,

I guess I have to cheat and make it my favorite Baker's Dozen. I have spentwith no exaggeration, thousands of hours over the last couple decades trying tounderstand Mother Nature/God's Gifts etc. As a result, this nature loving,ex-seminarian firmly believes that Big Pharma is Bad and only God is Good! Iknow I sound hokey to the youngsters today but c'est la vie! Enjoy!

Dutch’sDirty (Baker’s) Dozen of Vitamins

I take dozens of different things but the followinglist consists of the most important to me. They all have some impact on my physical performance in the gym as theyaffect in some way strength/energy/recovery/metabolism etc. Butthey all make the list because they exert tremendous influence on my health,immune system, brain, heart, eyesight, joints, memory. They do a great job against the greatestthreats we face.
    1. Vitamin D3 15,000 IUs
    2. Omega 3s 3 – 6 gms
    3. Astaxanthin 10 mgs
    4. Ubiquinol(CoQH) 100 mgs
    5. Curcumin(Turmeric) 1 gm
    6. Green Tea Extract 2-3 gms
    7. Creatine 4 – 5 gms
    8. Beta-Alanine(Carnosine) 4 – 5 gms
    9. ALCAR 4 gms
    10. ALA 600mgs
    11. Coconut Oil 3 tbspns
    12. Cissus 1.5 gms @ 10% or 2.5 gms @ 5%
    13. Resveritrol (2 glasses of Cab or Merlot)

Do you have any good links to info on the Vitamin D3. I've recently started taking 10,000iu which was recommended by my doctor as apparently my D3 were extraordinarily low. All else was good though.

12. Dutch, how's your libido? I heard that so much fish oil and curcumin affects it for some.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. L Carnosine
    By Woolmer4 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 09:00 AM
  2. Inj. L-Carnosine
    By 400runner in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 01:58 AM
  3. carnosine?
    By Dan in forum Supplements