Answers

One word gentlemen . . . Phoenix!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by grunt03 View Post
    One word gentlemen . . . Phoenix!
    I have to agree! Phoenix has the best winters of any place that I've lived. The temperatures are about the same as San Diego, except you don't get all the clouds and fog.

As for their summers... I don't care if it's "dry heat." The dry heat isn't so dry come mid July. All those days over 110 really wear you down. I will miss those thunder storms, and the little toads that come out in the rain.

In about 45 minutes, I need to brave the 48 degree weather and drive down to the gym.

-TT
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Even though I work 2nd shift, much of it outside, I’ve yet to wear more than a T-shirt this year, well except when I was in Germany.

I’ve never minded the summers, for that matter I only recently got a car with air-conditioning so that if I need to drive my father around he won’t have to cook, however last summer was a little rough. I’ve always had around 8% or so body fat but last summer I’d bulked up by 30 lbs. and my BF% was up around 15%. That plus I was still eating to bulk and things got a little uncomfortable for the first time until I decided it was time for a cut.

Your right about monsoon season which has didn’t used to start until August when I was growing up but it seems to come earlier every year. However, I’ll still take it over the Philippines.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Supplements were delivered yesterday, so the preload stage begins. Next week, blood donation, bloodwork and getting things kicked off to a good start. The wife told me " just run a cycle and then set your own cruise level " she is tired of the run around. I just gave up on the doctors around here, I have wasted too much time and money. It's time to get back to business and take care of my health issues on my own.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Nothing like getting the flu to toss a wrench in my plans. Sitting in the docs office, I was reading up on leg cramps. Leg cramps often result from inadequate vitamin e intake and/or an electrolyte imbalence. Dose; 400 iu of vit E, 400 mg of magnesium, 1200 mg of calcium and 100 mg of potassium daily. I use to just increase water intake / potassium when I could feel it coming on. I'm going to have to give this a try, as soon as I get well and hit the gym. Today was blood donation/ draw, If I'm back on my feet by tomarrow, I'll go take care of it then.

TT- Dad has hit the final stage of rapid onset dementia, It's taking it's toll on me. Starting this weekend, it's work, workouts, eating and sleep, the rest of the time I will be a care giver. To handle the stress, it's time to lift harder than before, I have to find some way to release this stress.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

OG:

I hope you're feeling better, and things are less hectic.

I've had like 2 colds in the past 6 weeks, and I'm finally starting to feel normal again.

Let us know how you're doing.

-TT
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

OG. Have you tried using Taurine? It works great for me to avoid cramps and both my late wife and my new lady love it as a way to avoid those nighttime-screaming-leg cramps. Usually 4 to 5 gms daily works well. Side effect of Taurine is that it is very good for the macula in your eyes.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    OG. Have you tried using Taurine? It works great for me to avoid cramps and both my late wife and my new lady love it as a way to avoid those nighttime-screaming-leg cramps. Usually 4 to 5 gms daily works well. Side effect of Taurine is that it is very good for the macula in your eyes.
    Dutchman,

Just stopping by to say hi.

oldguns,

Did you recover okay?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

This is very good information. I just with the Taurine didn't have so many side effects of it's own.... like having to go to the bathroom several times during the day.

-TT
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I have dropped out of the gym, spending more time with Dad. Soon he will no longer know who I am. His rapid ontset dementia has entered the last stage, so I will be spending all the time I can with him. Nearing his 88th Birthday, I am getting the whole family together, while he still remembers who we are. Thanks for the input from TT...Tuberman...and The Dutchman...still on the diet, supplements.. Etc. The weight I am now carrying will test the metal that I'm made of...! It takes every bit of energy to get thru back to back days...7am till midnite/ 1am.

Wishing you all the best, I'll keep up with all of you on TT's thread...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hang in the OG. I went through something similar 5 years ago with my mother but did have my dad and sister helping though it still sucks. As hard as it probably is to think about right now make sure keep taking care of yourself. At least try to work in some sort of exercise even body weight stuff if you can.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I have dropped out of the gym, spending more time with Dad. Soon he will no longer know who I am. His rapid ontset dementia has entered the last stage, so I will be spending all the time I can with him. Nearing his 88th Birthday, I am getting the whole family together, while he still remembers who we are. Thanks for the input from TT...Tuberman...and The Dutchman...still on the diet, supplements.. Etc. The weight I am now carrying will test the metal that I'm made of...! It takes every bit of energy to get thru back to back days...7am till midnite/ 1am.

Wishing you all the best, I'll keep up with all of you on TT's thread...
    I wish you the best too. If you can do some pushups, crunchies and such, as Grunt suggested. Pick up some anti-stress supplements when you can -- they are not miracle workers but help.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

OG,

This is where it gets tough, and you need to stay tough too. Do your best to eat right, sleep right, and get some exercise in.
    That will keep you tough too!

Hang in there!

-TT
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the support, the wife has completely changed up my diet to keep my energy levels up. She is use to feeding the beast, now she has to keep my body weight stable and keep everything in balence. I hope to be back in the gym within 2 months, there will be a time that I will have to vent the stress in a positive way. It's 1:30am so I will finish this tomarrow if I can...
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Good luck and God Bless OG. Went through much the same with my own dad 6 years ago. He passed at 89 with Parkinsons and Dementia, my mom the year before with Alzheimers. You will survive and though they no longer realize it, you will always know that your love for them, here for your dad, stood the test of time. We'll keep you in our prayers and you just keep peeking in when you get the chance! Again God Bless!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Good luck and God Bless OG. Went through much the same with my own dad 6 years ago. He passed at 89 with Parkinsons and Dementia, my mom the year before with Alzheimers. You will survive and though they no longer realize it, you will always know that your love for them, here for your dad, stood the test of time. We'll keep you in our prayers and you just keep peeking in when you get the chance! Again God Bless!
    Dutchman,

Last I heard, you were in the process of getting retested for your TRT. How did that go? How did the tests go? Did you get what you need? And how are you doing in general?

The Super Cissus does seem to be helping injured knee, but it's still slow. When I work it hard it still gets sore faster than it would have before.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for all the support. Just crashed and burned with a severe inner ear infection, couldn't eat, stand up without getting light headed, thought it was the flu going around but I was wrong. No pain but all the issues that went with it was a wake up call. I'm done with the meds, so I'm getting ready to resume the supps. I have to decide when I am returning to the gym, need to get some balence back into my life. I just got my blood work results, dr dolittle has me back at 204 ng/dl. Oh well one issue at a time, it's great to be back on my feet.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

I'm glad to hear you're back on your feet again!

204 ng/dl? Anyhow, I'm looking to see where I'm at after several months of Testim. Hopefully I'll know in a week or two.

I think it's crazy that doctors are so stingy with test. It's not like it's heroin.
    They dole out estrogen in the blink of an eye, but test... LOL!

'anxious to see how you're doing.

-TT
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD View Post
    I'm glad to hear you're back on your feet again!

204 ng/dl? Anyhow, I'm looking to see where I'm at after several months of Testim. Hopefully I'll know in a week or two.

I think it's crazy that doctors are so stingy with test. It's not like it's heroin.
    They dole out estrogen in the blink of an eye, but test... LOL!

'anxious to see how you're doing.

-TT
    Getting ready to get back at it. I stopped in at the gym to check out the new equipment, many upgrades. When I stopped at the front desk to pay the service fee, the manager said there was a note in my file from the owner that for every month I was off taking care of dad, he gave me one month free. Nice !

Damn I am looking forward to this, it has been a longtime coming. I'm stopping by on my way to work to check out the new area just built on, owner is giving me a tour. Tomarrow is the first day open so I can't miss this...

-Oldguns
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Dutchman, TT, and others...checking to see how everyone is doing. Busy summer taking care of dad, he's 89 and...doing better now. No gym just work and taking care of him.

Stayed on diet, just a whole lot less of it..! Starting the supplements this monday...hoping to hit the gym within a month, waiting on docs ok !
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Dutchman, TT, and others...checking to see how everyone is doing. Busy summer taking care of dad, he's 89 and...doing better now. No gym just work and taking care of him.

Stayed on diet, just a whole lot less of it..! Starting the supplements this monday...hoping to hit the gym within a month, waiting on docs ok !
    Good that you kept diet on track. Dutchman hasn't posted here since late May, and TT and Grunt since early to mid-August. How much better is your dad? I'm a bit of a health maven, with deep interests in things like Alzheimer disease, and cognitive function.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

OG, good to hear from you again. I was laid up for a while with a torn rotator cuff but I am coming back fast. I am a little short of 4 months out (Early June) but my lifting is getting better. In the past week I have hit 5 reps @ 280 on the Squat, a single @ 510 in the Rack Deadllift and now 90 lbs again in my curls. My BP sucks as all I can do is 225 for reps before the pain takes over. It'll probably take another 2 months before I am normal again. Alzheimers is a terrible disease. I lost my mom to it about 6 1/2 years ago. I have found great relief in things like Coconut Oil and Creatine which have helped my friends in need. Get back in the gym! We are all rooting for ya!
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the support guys. Dutchman good to hear your doing better and back at it. I just changed urologists, my 6 month bloodwork came in at 215, last one was 204. I got the... This is a good number for you. I was refered to a urologist by a family member, this doc knows his stuff. I learned more from him in 30 minutes and I did from the old doctor in the past 4 years. After our consult visit, he asked me if I had any questions,, Simply I needed a doctor I can trust, your it. He agreed, needed current bloodwork, Quest Labs ....wanted me to test asap. He told me to stop the twice a week injections at .15 and after the bloodwork inject 1/2 a cc per week until his office calls. Probably by the first of the week, he wants to increase the injections after he reviews this new bloodwork. Damn...it is about time, I will be standing in line when Quest opens the doors in the morning. At least I can back to normal now.!!

Maybe if I get my drive and energy back....I can get back at it a lot earlier than I am hoping to...!
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Good to see you found someone you trust oldguns. I’ve been going to a specialty clinic since my doctor had no problem with me having very low test, never mind that it made me feel like crap. He felt it was depression and wanted to put me on Prozac, needless to say now that I’m on test and have my life back I’m looking for a new doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by tuberman
    Good that you kept diet on track. Dutchman hasn't posted here since late May, and TT and Grunt since early to mid-August. How much better is your dad? I'm a bit of a health maven, with deep interests in things like Alzheimer disease, and cognitive function.
    Thanks for noticing I was gone. I was overseas in Qatar for the better part of the last two months and didn’t have much time to post or even read forums. But now that I’m back I’ll be looking deeper into some of the sups some of you are all taking to see what else I can do besides test to revitalize myself. Even with the test it was a bitch trying to outdo people half my age over there but I managed to without killing myself . . . much.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Glad to see you guys back here posting. I'm having some blood sugar problems I have to address as it seems as if my tendons are beginning to glycate and injuries are healing way too slow. I have to get things under control if I want to keep working out.

Hopefully TT gets back and posts again.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I got delayed getting my bloodwork, started taking a med for this ear infection again...my bloodwork showed 452...? LOL... I started taking methylprednisolone at 24mg per day, it screwed up the results. The nurse said I had to wait until it clears my system and retest. She will call when I am to retest again, at least it's working on the ear issue. A pain in the ass waiting this out, again.
    I'm also having some blood sugar problems...this cut to the bone diet while getting myself tested and balenced again has left me a mess. Still eating properly but I need man food. This eating enough to get by.....sucks. While the wifes at work, there's a couple of 1 1/2 inch thick steaks that might fall out of the freezer unto the grill.

I might grab some injectable b-12 if this goes much longer...sliding backwards is hard to deal with for me. I'm going to have to check and see how long I have to wait to get this out of my system so I can retest. Another 2 weeks of this and I will feel like laying in bed all day.

Tuberman and grunt good to hear from both of you !!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Good to see you found someone you trust oldguns. I’ve been going to a specialty clinic since my doctor had no problem with me having very low test, never mind that it made me feel like crap. He felt it was depression and wanted to put me on Prozac, needless to say now that I’m on test and have my life back I’m looking for a new doctor.

Thanks for noticing I was gone. I was overseas in Qatar for the better part of the last two months and didn’t have much time to post or even read forums. But now that I’m back I’ll be looking deeper into some of the sups some of you are all taking to see what else I can do besides test to revitalize myself. Even with the test it was a bitch trying to outdo people half my age over there but I managed to without killing myself . . . much.
    Grunt just remember that old age and skill will overcome youth....with a little time and knowledge. Hopefully I hear back after my retest on my bloodwork, it's been 3 weeks without any test. I hit rock bottom and talk about a rough ride ! It's back to square one...I forgot how awful I felt before I started on TRT. At least my son had this doctor set his dose correct and is doing fine...wants to try and out lift the oldman as soon as I can get things straightened out and get back on tract. Tuesday I get the results...!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oldguns
    Grunt just remember that old age and skill will overcome youth....with a little time and knowledge. Hopefully I hear back after my retest on my bloodwork, it's been 3 weeks without any test. I hit rock bottom and talk about a rough ride ! It's back to square one...I forgot how awful I felt before I started on TRT. At least my son had this doctor set his dose correct and is doing fine...wants to try and out lift the oldman as soon as I can get things straightened out and get back on tract. Tuesday I get the results...!
    I hope I never have to go without test again. I felt so crappy with a free test level of 60, the doctor was surprised I had the motivation and energy to work out at all, but hell that was the only thing that kept me going.

I hope you get back on soon and get the dosage right so you can get back to feeling well.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I will post the results when I hear back. Let me know about any sups you may find while your checking things out. I think I got the market cornered on feeling crappy !
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I hope I never have to go without test again. I felt so crappy with a free test level of 60, the doctor was surprised I had the motivation and energy to work out at all, but hell that was the only thing that kept me going.

I hope you get back on soon and get the dosage right so you can get back to feeling well.

Doctors office called...Inject 1 cc per week and retest in two weeks, I don't have the results back. I can't wait to see what the end results are going to be.!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Anyone else out there taking test E at 1cc per week for their TRT, like to hear about your results. Three days into the first shot...starting to get some of my drive back, slept better last night and desire to eat is trying to return. I figured that a slow return is best, in the past about 2-3 weeks to fully feel the results. Any improvement feels good since I was off for three weeks to get a base line for the new doctor, well worth the effort...but I don't want to do that again.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Hey OG. I’ve only been on HRT since June and only test C so I have now experience with test E. I do know from reading around that that the general consensus is there’s little to no difference except some people say they retain more water with test C and that it might be better for mass gains but that could also be the water retention. Otherwise I’ve read that test E has a couple more mg/cc of free test but that test C has a couple days longer half-life but in the end I’m not sure either would make a difference.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

The only reason I haven't chimed in, is lack of 1st hand knowledge in these areas. Although my brother took Test C for 3-4 years and has talked to me about it, I'm still cycling between test boosters and mild steroids like AndroDrive at low levels to keep me from falling into limbo. My doc would give me the transdermal creams, but I would have to seek out someone else to get injectables.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Hey OG. Iíve only been on HRT since June and only test C so I have now experience with test E. I do know from reading around that that the general consensus is thereís little to no difference except some people say they retain more water with test C and that it might be better for mass gains but that could also be the water retention. Otherwise Iíve read that test E has a couple more mg/cc of free test but that test C has a couple days longer half-life but in the end Iím not sure either would make a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    The only reason I haven't chimed in, is lack of 1st hand knowledge in these areas. Although my brother took Test C for 3-4 years and has talked to me about it, I'm still cycling between test boosters and mild steroids like AndroDrive at low levels to keep me from falling into limbo. My doc would give me the transdermal creams, but I would have to seek out someone else to get injectables.
    I started out using test boosters and ended up on the transdermal cream ( testim ) and noticed a major difference. After 6 months, I was switched to test e to avoid transfer issues with the transdermal cream. At the peak, I was 997ng/dl. Overall I felt best just over 800 ng/dl. I was told to stay near the lower end of the upper 1/3 of the range. I was in that range when I lifted the max effort to exceed 600 lbs. to break my old record.

I will say that this new urologist has been putting me thru the paces. He stopped the 2x a week injections, ordered 1 injection per week. When I asked test e or c, told me to stay on test e and he explained everything in detail and answered any and all questions. I can't wait to see how I feel overall once he gets things set up his way. He reviewed all of the bloodwork, I took to his office from the old urologist and was quite pleased with the results, told me that things were in perfect order. Except the testosterone level was to low and he would retest and readjust.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Grunt, I'm 3 days into my injection, 4 days until bloodwork and I'm having some joint pain. Overall, I am slowly returning to normal...energy, drive etc...etc. Taking care of the joint issue as soon as the physician is done with testing and setting the dose.

The lab I'm now using has an app that allows you to recieve a copy of your bloodwork 48 hrs after it is sent to your physician. It's legal in 36 states, your results right on your phone along with info reguarding the results. Now all I have to do is upgrade to a smart phone...I'm going to miss my old trusty water proof...kick it...drop it and it still works GZ phone. I guess it's time to get with it...and get updated !
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

What lab is it? The clinic I go to uses Labcorp, I should check and see if they have anything like that, but I have no problem getting copies of my labs results.

I’m actually sort of double dipping right now. Since I just came back from a deployment I’m eligible for 6 months of free medical care from the military and the doc there has hooked me up with test-cyp from their pharmacy but I’m still going and getting my regular shots so right now I’m sitting on a bunch of extra test. I’ve been looking around here at trying a “blast and cruse cycle” but don’t see any point as long as I’m still growing on the regular HRT dose which is actually still way low because my red cell count was elevated. So they plan on upping my dose as soon as my red cell count comes down (already gave blood).

Besides the joint pain how are you feeling? I know some people say it takes a couple of weeks to feel anything but I could tell the difference that day I got my first shot.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

My insurence switched to Quest and I just present a card at any of their locations with the script and it's free. Before that it was whoever they picked for the quarter to get the lowest price. The new physician instructed me to do Quest only so it worked out. Something about the reported values in the test results so he wants them all the same. I still have two scripts for bloodwork here on my desk, he calls you to test with instructions. This time it is to be the exact day before the next shot due. I never had any problems getting my copys of my results, it would be nice to have prior to an office visit, so during the answer any questions part of the visit, I can get a direct answer.

I felt a little the first day, since then It's slow coming on, the mind fog and focus was the first two things that changed. Sleeping has improved overall. If my past holds true, it will be another 1-2 weeks until everything levels out. After stopping cold turkey to get a base line for the new physician...talking about a crash ! This is a major difference. I had my follow up eye exam and she informed that there is no sign of the macular degeneration ( think I got that spelled correct )...I have had this issue since my 30's. She said that she and other eye physicians have noticed a trend in mens eye issues showing positive change when on TRT, but nothing like what she has seen in my eyes. Basic...get transition lenses...next appt. in a year. At least something has improved for me overall.

BTW) The old doctors office left me a voice mail saying that the doctor was changing my dose and they made the correction with the pharmacy. It went from .15 ml to .75 ml still twice a week. LOL.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

OG,

I am following this, as in another 6-7 months I may need to go the pharm way as PP was shut down by the FDA, and I only have enough left for 16 weeks of cycles ( 2 -- 8 week cycles) and another 16-20 weeks using test boosters in between. Test boosters by themselves do not seem to be enough anymore. So I want to watch your results, and may ask questions.
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Tuberman,

I was 791 ng/dl. day before next injection. Next bloodwork in six months, will be sending me the script in the mail prior to next required blood draw.
    1 cc per week, Test E, going into my third week at the new dose and all is well. At least the mind fog is gone, I can sleep, and getting more active, overall strength and power is returning. I can't find my old logs, for the products I used back then, I could have bought a boat load of test for what I spent on otc supplements. To bad the first urologist screwed me around so bad,...5 years of screw ups...changes. This physician sat down and explained more in full details on the first visit, than the old one did in all that time. If it wasn't for the blasts and cruises...it would have been a rough ride or maybe I would have been looking for a new doctor alot sooner than I did. To live and learn.

It might help to start checking in your area now, your physician, current bloodwork test for low t. so you know where you stand. Getting all the info you can get your hands on. Talk to your brother to see how he is doing and which doctor he may be seeing, if he's near where you live.
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all...! Still hanging on, fourth shot coming up at new dose, so far major improvement. Only thing that I felt was off after the second shot, I needed a picnic basket instead of a lunch box. Glad that feeling is gone ! I see that TT hasn't posted in lately, hope he is still at it. to everyone enjoy your Holiday....!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. broke yet?
    By madds87 in forum Politics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
  2. pct v 2.0. lil wiser but still need assist
    By EDizzle in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  3. deadlift record
    By wilgates in forum Powerlifting/Strongman