Older wiser and just broke my old record

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    OG, I'm really glad to hear the good news. I love my cissus and plan to take it for the rest of my days, hopefully quite a few decades. Just the combo you mention should help your joints, cholesterol, heart and free testosterone. Now someday let's talk some more about Vitamin D3, Ubiquinol and Astaxanthin LOL.
    I guess my shopping list is going to get a little bit longer after our next talk ! How about the dose for stinging nettle root, red yeast rice and D3. It wouldn't hurt to be right on the mark !

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

OG, I had a long post that got deleted explaining this. In short, I would try about 10,000 IUs ED of Vitamin D3. I use 2 gms ED of the Stinging Nettle Root and only 600 mgs ie. 1 cap of the RYR. My wives and friends have all had Docs tell them to take 2 each of the 600 mg caps but I am already down at 155 on my Cholesterol.

I hope these Docs give you some more info:

Vitamin D3
    The Wonder Vitamin That May Help You Prevent 16 Types of Cancer
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...vitamin-d.aspx

Ubiquinol and Astaxanthin

Ubiquinol Info
    Ubiquinol: BoostEnergy Levels and Overall Health with Best Form of Co Q 10 http://www.naturalnews.com/026128_energy_supplement_healt h.html

You’d Have to BeCrazy Not to Take This Supplement
    http://www.totalhealthbreakthroughs.c om/2010/02/youd-have-to-be-crazy-not-to-take-this-supplement/

The Dark Truth About the "Wonder Drug"Millions Swear By http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/26/think-twice-before-using-statin-drugs.aspx
    Wonderdrugs (statins, blood pressure) revealed as a complete scam: Here's why theydon't work http://www.naturalnews.com/032448_statin_drugs_scam.html
    Do YOU TakeAny of These 11 Dangerous Cholesterol Drugs? http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/07/20/the-truth-about-statin-drugs-revealed.aspx

Astaxanthin Info

Make YourBody 62% Stronger - Flood it With This Inexpensive Nutrient

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/06/15/benefits-of-astaxanthin-to-your-health.aspx

AstaxanthinSource
    http://www.vitacost.com/Vitacost-Natural-Astaxanthin-Featuring-Hawaiian-BioAstin-10-mg-60-Softgels

3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

There is no overload when it comes to health issues. I have been doing a lot of reading on herbs to lower blood pressure. There is nothing better than trying to be the best you can be...it just takes a lot of hard work. Thanks for all the info. Now I have some more reading to do.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Dutchman, dose set, lets see how this works out. Bloodwork is due in 90 days maybe I can show positive results on my cholesterol. I'm at 205 right now, I'll post the new number when I get the results. I guess it's time to pick a new goal and workout.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for asking the questions you have oldguns and for all the great info you are sharing Dutchman. You could easily write a book and charge for this stuff so I very much appreciate you sharing your research and experience for free.

Cheers!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by grunt03 View Post
    Thanks for asking the questions you have oldguns and for all the great info you are sharing Dutchman. You could easily write a book and charge for this stuff so I very much appreciate you sharing your research and experience for free.

Cheers!
    Thanks Grunt and OG, I'm just an old fart who has been hanging around the iron world forever and makes it the driver of his overall health strategy. I just want to stay fit, strong, health and around LOL. To wit, have I mentioned to you guys how much I love using Coconut Oil for everything I cook?
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks Grunt and OG, I'm just an old fart who has been hanging around the iron world forever and makes it the driver of his overall health strategy. I just want to stay fit, strong, health and around LOL. To wit, have I mentioned to you guys how much I love using Coconut Oil for everything I cook?
    I haven’t searched the forum for posts on Coconut Oil yet but about 2 months ago I started putting it in the two shakes I drink every work day. I realized whole foods are probably better but in order to get the 3200 kCal./day I need to grow I can’t eat enough “real” food while at work and still function. I am, however, interested in hearing your take on Coconut Oil.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I haven’t searched the forum for posts on Coconut Oil yet but about 2 months ago I started putting it in the two shakes I drink every work day. I realized whole foods are probably better but in order to get the 3200 kCal./day I need to grow I can’t eat enough “real” food while at work and still function. I am, however, interested in hearing your take on Coconut Oil.
    I came across both coconutoil.com and coconutresearch.org in my health reading and came away convinced of a couple things. First the entire vegetable oil and unsaturated fats versus tropical oils and saturated fats thing was/is a completely bogus PR campaign to boost corn, soybean etc oils. There is no doubt today about the danger from hydrogenated fats but few, mostly the coconut oil afficiandoes, are aware of the value of medium chain triglycerides ie MCTs. Coconut Oil combines really well with my megadoses of Omega 3 fats to help me avert Alzheimer's, Cardio and Cancer problems. It also tastes great and since it never turns rancid I can leave it, after opening, in the pantry and it never goes bad. It will solidify sort of lard-like, or turn to pure liquid around 76 degrees IIRC. It doesn't turn toxic when heated and thus becomes great for doing our sunny side up eggs, chicken, oatmeal, whatever. CO also seems to be very helpful in weight management and comes highly recommended for ketogenic diets. Lastly, I love telling folks that my success in the gym is supported by my habit of keeping two extra virgins around the house to serve me, my Coconut Oil and my Olive Oil. I tossed those vegetable whores out long ago along with their phoney PR LOL.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I’ll check out those sites Dutchman. I haven’t cooked with it yet since I was under the mistaken impression it would go bad like most oils when heated. Now I’ve actually got something to cook my breakfast with. I originally came across Coconut Oil researching diets like UD2 for the reasons you mentioned. Other than Fish Oil cap the only other oils I’ve been using are Olive Oil and small amounts of Sesame Oil when I make my own Humus.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I came across both coconutoil.com and coconutresearch.org in my health reading and came away convinced of a couple things. First the entire vegetable oil and unsaturated fats versus tropical oils and saturated fats thing was/is a completely bogus PR campaign to boost corn, soybean etc oils. There is no doubt today about the danger from hydrogenated fats but few, mostly the coconut oil afficiandoes, are aware of the value of medium chain triglycerides ie MCTs. Coconut Oil combines really well with my megadoses of Omega 3 fats to help me avert Alzheimer's, Cardio and Cancer problems. It also tastes great and since it never turns rancid I can leave it, after opening, in the pantry and it never goes bad. It will solidify sort of lard-like, or turn to pure liquid around 76 degrees IIRC. It doesn't turn toxic when heated and thus becomes great for doing our sunny side up eggs, chicken, oatmeal, whatever. CO also seems to be very helpful in weight management and comes highly recommended for ketogenic diets. Lastly, I love telling folks that my success in the gym is supported by my habit of keeping two extra virgins around the house to serve me, my Coconut Oil and my Olive Oil. I tossed those vegetable whores out long ago along with their phoney PR LOL.
    Coconut Oil another must try, which testosterone do you use and at what dose. I'm going to be a member of the Dutchman group..LOL ! Anytime you want to jump in with information, please do. I find your posts quite helpful and always to the point !

I'm going to make all the adjustments, diet, supplements and in 90 days after bloodwork set goal and go for it once again. Right now I'm looking for another doctor, mine took my injection levels from .40 ml E3D to .15 ml 2X a week, talk about feeling rough...! I was at 830 mg/ml. Adjust the diet, fix the doctor issue and get ready to lift heavy again with a new goal set.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Dutchman, The cirrus rx worked like a charm, that will be a main stay from now on ! Running the red rice at 2 caps(1200 mg) And the stinging nettle root at 2 caps(1000 mg), the D3 is at 10,000iu. Everything else will remain the same until after the first of the year and my next check up.
    The ubiquinol and astaxanthin will kick in around Jan 15th when I fire back up with a new workout plan. The hunt for a new urologist is about to begin, I'm on the fast track to crash and burn...the wife says I'm acting the way I did before I started TRT. I told her acting.. heck I'm feeling it, she wanted to inject me at the old dose and be done with it ! I'm at the bottom of the roller coaster, now the time to get checked out.

If you have any suggestions, dutchman I would enjoy hearing them !
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    Dutchman, The cirrus rx worked like a charm, that will be a main stay from now on ! Running the red rice at 2 caps(1200 mg) And the stinging nettle root at 2 caps(1000 mg), the D3 is at 10,000iu. Everything else will remain the same until after the first of the year and my next check up.
    The ubiquinol and astaxanthin will kick in around Jan 15th when I fire back up with a new workout plan. The hunt for a new urologist is about to begin, I'm on the fast track to crash and burn...the wife says I'm acting the way I did before I started TRT. I told her acting.. heck I'm feeling it, she wanted to inject me at the old dose and be done with it ! I'm at the bottom of the roller coaster, now the time to get checked out.

If you have any suggestions, dutchman I would enjoy hearing them !
    That's great to hear OG! I am a complete believer in Cissus RX. It has helped so many of my friends and family I can't begin to count, seriously. I may not be around much longer, there is a Board Admin with whom I am struggling on another thead in this forum and I don't like his imperial majesty's tone. I am this close to leaving the board rather than listen to him.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

That's great to hear OG! I am a complete believer in Cissus RX. It has helped so many of my friends and family I can't begin to count, seriously. I may not be around much longer, there is a Board Admin with whom I am struggling on another thead in this forum and I don't like his imperial majesty's tone. I am this close to leaving the board rather than listen to him.
    I hope you decide to stay on, you have so much to offer us over 35 group.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Dutchman, what is your view on lowering LDL cholesterol, mine is at 135.4 lab range 0>130. Total is 205, Changing out dietary goals, overall energy is tanked right now. It doesn't help that I feel like I have the flu all the time. HDL is mid-range at 54.5, and RBC is at the top of range +.8. A year ago my total test was 997ng/dl, blood work results were perfect, Urologist lowered the test e, 6 months ago I tested at 830ng/dl with the above numbers. Again he lowered the test e shots and now I feel almost as bad as I did before I started TRT. It's a little bit weird eating like a horse and lifting as a beast, to being exhausted all the time. I asked him on the last visit to run complete bloodwork, he refused, said that we didn't need to ?, total and free T, e levels etc, no he is going to run only the tests above. It's time to go doctor hunting, I am going to find one who can get me stable, and keep me there !
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I plan to restart my workouts on Jan. 2nd, changed my test e shots to every four days. Sleep has improved, energy levels are getting a little bit better overall. Cirrus rx has made a major improvement, can't wait to put it to the test in the gym. Stinging nettle root and red yeast rice have been added to the supplements, the next bloodwork will let me know if their working. Weight is holding steady at 185lbs., blood pressure has improved at 114/75 @ 65 bpm. The wife has controlled the diet to the letter, keeping my weight stable during this off time.

New goal hasn't been set, waiting to see what the doc has to say, heading out to the old gym to spend some time watching a pro workout and pick up some more input. Target exercises and lifting form, from by old power lifting buddy. Two weeks to restart, getting all my ducks in a row. I will openly post all supplements and complete workouts as soon as I get the details worked out.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

All the supplements are now running, mega dose fish oil, potassium, vit c, D3, red yeast rice, stinging nettle root, cayenne and co-q-10. The rest will stay in the war chest for later on down the road. Diet still under control, basically set and ready. The doc told me to stay out of the gym until this up coming visit. I've got this gut feeling that she will be telling me that I have tendonitis in my right arm ( elbow and forearm ). If anyone has any input on lifting with tendonitis, I would like to hear about it.

I'm getting ready to replace my TRT doc, I'm as bad as I did feel before I started TRT. This last week I got the name of a new urologist that will run complete blood work and will address the issue. Mine still refuses to check for free test or E levels, enough is enough. Feeling rather poorly or not, I'm hitting the gym as planned and start working out, guess I'll be a work in progress until all this is worked out. I can't stand waiting, so I'm going to deal with the issues and adjust as I go.

Merry Christmas to all.............
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

TT- congrats on 295, 300 will soon be yours ! Doctor appt. at 9 am Monday, will be in the gym by 10:45. It's about time, the wife has packed my gym bag...hint...hint ! Dutchman, the cirrus rx worked perfect, I'd say about 100% improvement. I will let you know how the stinging nettle root and red yeast rice worked as soon as I'm due for bloodwork. Grunt03, how did the coconut oil work for you ?
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I started putting the coconut oil in my shakes last week. It does make it easier to up the calories. I haven’t cooked with it yet since I haven’t made anything fried recently but hash browns do sound good tomorrow.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I started putting the coconut oil in my shakes last week. It does make it easier to up the calories. I haven’t cooked with it yet since I haven’t made anything fried recently but hash browns do sound good tomorrow.
    I'm going to pick some up in the morning, our regular store didn't have it in, so I'll go somewhere else. The wife wants me to finish the run for 205, then cut. I think I'll wait to see what the doc has to say on monday.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

I haven't purchased coconut oil in a while, but I used to get it at a store called "Sprouts," which is in Texas and other western states.
    I'll look for extra virgin coconut oil next time I'm down there.

I've used it for frying up some German potato pancakes. But yeah, it's pretty much solidified at room temperature.

-TT
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Shooting for 205? Are you still at 176 or is your profile out of date? If so that’s quite a jump.

I just updated mine to 171, 5 lbs. heavier than when I joined in October. My goal has been to gain ˝ lb. each week and I’m pretty close to that. If I keep this up until my next physical around April my doc is going to go ape-$hit when he sees how much weight I’ve gained. The last time he did but my blood work was actually better and my heart rate and BP stayed the same as when I was running. He still wanted me to go back to running saying it was healthier. To which I responded asking if it was really healthy to have been running 70-100 miles a week like I was. Besides I will never stop Deadlifting if possible since it’s the only thing that’s ever stopped my lower back pain from a ruptured lumbar disk.

@ TT Thanks for mentioning Sprouts, I hadn’t thought check there. I got mine at WallyWorld (Walmart) but they didn’t have extra virgin.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Shooting for 205? Are you still at 176 or is your profile out of date? If so that’s quite a jump.

I just updated mine to 171, 5 lbs. heavier than when I joined in October. My goal has been to gain ˝ lb. each week and I’m pretty close to that. If I keep this up until my next physical around April my doc is going to go ape-$hit when he sees how much weight I’ve gained. The last time he did but my blood work was actually better and my heart rate and BP stayed the same as when I was running. He still wanted me to go back to running saying it was healthier. To which I responded asking if it was really healthy to have been running 70-100 miles a week like I was. Besides I will never stop Deadlifting if possible since it’s the only thing that’s ever stopped my lower back pain from a ruptured lumbar disk.

@ TT Thanks for mentioning Sprouts, I hadn’t thought check there. I got mine at WallyWorld (Walmart) but they didn’t have extra virgin.
    I was up to 195 before the arm issue started in and I had to take a break. 205 was always the sweet spot before I would start cutting. I would end up around 176-181. This time, I really should start cutting now, I still have to deal with the TRT issue.

Today I'm 114/70 @ 64 bpm, not bad if I say so myself. I fractured two lumbar vertabre, the only thing that stops the pain is working out. The vertabre healed but the disks remind me on a daily basis with some pain. I dead lift with a belt to remind me to keep my lower back straight as possible, I use a nautlis machine to control the range of motion. The bar is 1.5 times higher off the floor vs 45lb plates off of the floor, protects the lumbar area of the back. Some use the smith machine in the same way, same benefit and control. So far I've had good results, maybe because I have to set the weight back down each time.

I found a store here that sells the extra virgin coconut oil, they also sell on-line...The Raisin Rack.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD View Post
    I haven't purchased coconut oil in a while, but I used to get it at a store called "Sprouts," which is in Texas and other western states.
    I'll look for extra virgin coconut oil next time I'm down there.

I've used it for frying up some German potato pancakes. But yeah, it's pretty much solidified at room temperature.

-TT
    I get my coconut oil online from Vitacost for about $20 for a 54 oz jug. The melting/solidifying point for CO is 76 degrees. Great thing is it never spoils. Just used 3 tablespoons this AM for my sunnyside up eggs and then used the remaining heated oil on my english muffin. Nothing like a tasty extra virgin in the morning LOL.

TT, make a few extra of those Pfannekuchen for me. I'm on the way and bringing the Apfelmus.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I was up to 195 before the arm issue started in and I had to take a break. 205 was always the sweet spot before I would start cutting. I would end up around 176-181. This time, I really should start cutting now, I still have to deal with the TRT issue.

Today I'm 114/70 @ 64 bpm, not bad if I say so myself. I fractured two lumbar vertabre, the only thing that stops the pain is working out. The vertabre healed but the disks remind me on a daily basis with some pain. I dead lift with a belt to remind me to keep my lower back straight as possible, I use a nautlis machine to control the range of motion. The bar is 1.5 times higher off the floor vs 45lb plates off of the floor, protects the lumbar area of the back. Some use the smith machine in the same way, same benefit and control. So far I've had good results, maybe because I have to set the weight back down each time.

I found a store here that sells the extra virgin coconut oil, they also sell on-line...The Raisin Rack.
    OG, I wrecked a couple vertebrae in a 70 mph head on crash back in '87. My back workouts became a priority to help me overcome it since I refused any operation. Now for years I have been promoting Rack Deads either in the Rack or on the SM. I am back up to 5 X 420 and working towards my goal of a single @ 500 before Summer.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

oldguns,

I've been meaning to stop by for a while. Just wanted to say your blood pressure and pulse rates are good. I injured my back at the age of 14, and went through several periods where I could not straighten up to walk. What I learned from that was to keep my abs really, really strong and tight with lots of muscle, and it has a natural effect similar to a weight belt all the time. This is very protective of your spine. I'm talking about much more ab strength then the typical bodybuilder here, obsessively powerful abs. Even when I couldn't do much else with an injured knee, I worked my abs.

I should start adding some rack deads like you guys too.

BTW, I use coconut oil for eating and cooking too. it replaced canola oil for me about 18 months ago. Extra Virgin Olive oil is good but won't hold up to cooking temps.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    oldguns,

I've been meaning to stop by for a while. Just wanted to say your blood pressure and pulse rates is good. I injured my back at the age of 14, and went through several periods where I could not straighten up to walk. What I learned from that was to keep my abs really, really strong and tight with lots of muscle, and it has a natural effect similar to a weight belt all the time. This is very protective of your spine. I'm talking about much more ab strength then the typical bodybuilder here, obsessively powerful abs. Even when I couldn't do much else with an injured knee, I worked my abs.

I should start adding some rack deads like you guys too.

BTW, I use coconut oil for eating and cooking too. it replaced canola oil for me about 18 months ago. Extra Virgin Olive oil is good but won't hold up to cooking temps.
    I'm back, the granddaughter wanted to use my computer, afterwards I had to send it over to my brother-in-laws to get it straightened out, it's nice to have an IT guy in the family.

I'm still out of the gym, tendonitis oh well, Tuesday I'm going back to start cardio, core and legs delaying the use of the arm. I think I can behave, maybe not. Anyway, I took the day off, planning to send the morning working on, core and leg workouts. In the afternoon, I'm having an appt. with a new urologist, it's time to take care of that issue also ! Due to the TRT issues, I'm going into a cut to drop body weight, and just wait it out until I get my numbers where they need to be before I try again. The wife cut my cal. intake again, increased my water intake and slow things until I get a grip on this issue.

I agree that improving ab strength will assist the back even more so now is the time to focus on rehab of the old injury. I'll know more after this next appt. so until then I have to get back at it. The arm is going to take time until then there's plenty of work to do.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

OG, I wrecked a couple vertebrae in a 70 mph head on crash back in '87. My back workouts became a priority to help me overcome it since I refused any operation. Now for years I have been promoting Rack Deads either in the Rack or on the SM. I am back up to 5 X 420 and working towards my goal of a single @ 500 before Summer.
    After my injury, I was told never to lift anything off the floor, never carry over 45lbs or lift anything over my head. The pain was off the charts, nothing helped so I quit taking anything and returned to the gym after many years away. Dutchman, you and I are a work in progress....
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

After my injury, I was told never to lift anything off the floor, never carry over 45lbs or lift anything over my head. The pain was off the charts, nothing helped so I quit taking anything and returned to the gym after many years away. Dutchman, you and I are a work in progress....
    Hang in there OG, Rack Deads will really help you out. I built up from nothing, same as on my pull-ups and now I am killing both of them quite heavy. My back is stretched out, very wide and strong. Now I can do all the things my Doc said I would/should never do again LOL! Start your progression on both, low, and your back will love it. BTW, you should be getting some decent pain relief from the Cissus. It seems to kill any pain for me so I don't need the Big Pharma crap. You're gonna be just fine, keep your eye on your goal and we will all be cheering for you when you hit the top!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Hang in there OG, Rack Deads will really help you out. I built up from nothing, same as on my pull-ups and now I am killing both of them quite heavy. My back is stretched out, very wide and strong. Now I can do all the things my Doc said I would/should never do again LOL! Start your progression on both, low, and your back will love it. BTW, you should be getting some decent pain relief from the Cissus. It seems to kill any pain for me so I don't need the Big Pharma crap. You're gonna be just fine, keep your eye on your goal and we will all be cheering for you when you hit the top!
    I took the advise of the Village Shaman, Cissus has made a big difference so far. Also the stinging nettle root, D3 and RYR have been added to the daily mix. The back pain is up a little, however I've been out of the gym for 60 days over this arm issue along with the TRT screwup. Thankgoodness, it will end tomarrow, I'm back at it...reguardless. I've noticed a big difference at work, even with all the walking I do daily, the knees are feeling great, no pain!
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

Dutch,
    I did end up buying 3 bottles of Super Cissus. I'm thinking of adding those rack deads you guys are using very soon. I'm going to work my damaged knee a lot when I start the cissus too.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tuberman View Post
    Dutch,
    I did end up buying 3 bottles of Super Cissus. I'm thinking of adding those rack deads you guys are using very soon. I'm going to work my damaged knee a lot when I start the cissus too.
    Damn replied and lost it again. Go for it Tuber, you won't be dissappointed with the Cissus. You'll love the rack deads just start out slow and work into high weight/low rep eg 5 or 6. I precede them with 3 X 20 @ at 45 plate raises and follow them up with 2X each of front and back shrugs.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Damn replied and lost it again. Go for it Tuber, you won't be dissappointed with the Cissus. You'll love the rack deads just start out slow and work into high weight/low rep eg 5 or 6. I precede them with 3 X 20 @ at 45 plate raises and follow them up with 2X each of front and back shrugs.
    I agree, the cirrus worked like a charm. The workout went better than expected, the rack deads are going to take some time. Shrugs at 290 front and back no problem, close grip pull downs @ 160, wide grip pull downs @ 140. Hit the preachers bench with 20lb bar to test the arm, so far so good. The arm felt a little heavy and tight but there was no pain. I can't wait to see how tomarrow goes...
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Good news OG, keep it up!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Good news OG, keep it up!
    Thanks, hope your tests come out ok. I'm back to the testing stage, however I have had just about all I can handle. My primary care physician sends me to another urologist, he asks me what meds I'm on...etc.." Oh no we can't do injectable test, or even the gel ". He wants to refer me to a friend of his an endo to see what he has to say. Then after the male exam, we talk about low T issues, he tells me that I don't have any and that " I look really good for a man of my age ". It was the first time in years that I could feel my blood pressure rising sitting still ! I'm just going to relax and avoid doctors for now...! " You can't fix stupid "

Never the less, the workouts are still improving, switched to straight leg rack deads @ 50lb. I plan to kick the weight up at the 1st of the month. The rehab on the lower back is going better than I had hoped for....at least something is going right.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

I restarted the old test injection levels and will just cruise along for now. Dutchman was correct on the cirrus rx, waiting to see how it works when I turn up the heat so to speak and start lifting heavy again. Stinging nettle root, ryr have been added to my supplements along with vit d3. As soon as I can get more than 5 minutes on here, I will be able to give a complete post reguarding new goal / workouts, etc...
  36. Registered User
    Answers

Why do we age? Let's just rewind to the point in time when we were at our peek. I am 6 months after shoulder surgery. They had to reattach the tenant that attaches my bicep to my shoulder. I have been back to the gym several times but finding motivation levels low. Doesn't help that the temps are hovering around -20 to -60 the last month and a half.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chawks View Post
    Why do we age? Let's just rewind to the point in time when we were at our peek. I am 6 months after shoulder surgery. They had to reattach the tenant that attaches my bicep to my shoulder. I have been back to the gym several times but finding motivation levels low. Doesn't help that the temps are hovering around -20 to -60 the last month and a half.
    For me it's not motivation issues, just to much going on at the present. Supplements are due any day now, blood work is due next week the workouts have been set. Now all I have to do is to get it all together and set a new goal, without one, I just get sluggish.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  232 lbs.
    Answers

For me it's not motivation issues, just to much going on at the present. Supplements are due any day now, blood work is due next week the workouts have been set. Now all I have to do is to get it all together and set a new goal, without one, I just get sluggish.
    Oldguns,

You just hit it right on the noggin for me. Always too much going on with job, health concerns, recovery from injuries and various goals that slightly conflict. Just one stride at a time, and we'll get there.

Chawk,

I had a major operation to reattach my tendons (both sides) to my patella a year ago. How's your recovery?
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chawks View Post
    Yikes!!! It's 45 degrees here in the morning, and I just dread going outside, and sitting on those cold seats in my car. At 45 degrees, and being all dark in the morning, I have to push myself to get up and get down to the gym. At -20 to -60 degrees, you're one tough dude!

-TT
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TINYTOAD View Post
    Yikes!!! It's 45 degrees here in the morning, and I just dread going outside, and sitting on those cold seats in my car. At 45 degrees, and being all dark in the morning, I have to push myself to get up and get down to the gym. At -20 to -60 degrees, you're one tough dude!

-TT
    I have to agree, cold and me don't get along. I remember when it's 0 outside I would go to the gym and stand in the heat in the locker room just to get flexable enough to workout. This year were having a warm winter so far and I hope it keeps up.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. broke yet?
    By madds87 in forum Politics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
  2. pct v 2.0. lil wiser but still need assist
    By EDizzle in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 05:59 PM
  3. deadlift record
    By wilgates in forum Powerlifting/Strongman