Older wiser and just broke my old record

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I will be 58 in November and have worked out on and off my whole life. Back in the gym, on trt and going for one last goal. I'm going to dead lift 580 lbs on the dead lift machine. Then my heavy lifting days will come to a close. I'm 5' 8" at 185 lbs bf around 17%, diet right on the mark....I think it's time to rock and roll. I have until the end of November, this last lift will be done to honor in memory my youngest son. IT will get done.... 500 lbs was my old best until last friday and I hit 520 lbs, don't know if I can hit the mark but I'm going after it.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Spent my morning workout with an old friend, a former power lifter. He wants me to use a wider belt and get more of my legs into the begining of the lift. A lot of work to do, but everything will come together in time. Anyone has any advise lets hear it.

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
Good luck but don't go and injure your self ...

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Oh yea been there and done that, don't plan to push beyond my limits. The wifes all in on this one, she works at a nursing/rehab center in dietary. It's like taking a picnic basket to work instead of a lunch box...lol. She intends to come with me to the gym and watch the lift, something she has never done before. I'll have to post my stats before and after, still making up my mind on what to run on cycle and enjoy a blast during this effort.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday was testing day. Different machines, different weights to check ROM and strength levels, found a couple of areas I need to do some extra work, I get to deal with that on Monday. This is the starting point.. neck 17.5...shoulders...54....chest...44...waist...36...arms 15...weight 186.5, injurys...repaired right rotor cuff, impact injury to left knee and an injury to lumbar area. I'm going to have to do some major cardio and improve my breathing, my allergys don't help any these days. Thinking about a cycle/ test e/ deca / tren a , Haven't made up my mind yet, going to do some more reading on the subject. ( I have ran multiple cycles in the past.) Any one want to kick in there .02 on cycle issue, go for it !

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd leave the deca out. Really won't provide much benefit on top of tren. Have you used tren before?

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
First time with tren a , with the deca I was looking for a little help with the joints. I was told to go light on the tren until I see how I feel on it, then adjust the dose. Test e will be ran at 500mg per week.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
First time with tren a , with the deca I was looking for a little help with the joints. I was told to go light on the tren until I see how I feel on it, then adjust the dose. Test e will be ran at 500mg per week.
I've got a few years and a few pounds on you but I also like to lift heavy. If I can recover from a mild concussion I had recently, I plan to finish out my goal which was to hit 500 lbs on a rack deadlift for my 70th b-day this October. That said, I have had fantastic success with my joints thanks to doing lots of Cissus and megadosing my Omega 3s (around 2.7 gms ED). Lots of secondary health positives along the way. Good Luck!

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I've got a few years and a few pounds on you but I also like to lift heavy. If I can recover from a mild concussion I had recently, I plan to finish out my goal which was to hit 500 lbs on a rack deadlift for my 70th b-day this October. That said, I have had fantastic success with my joints thanks to doing lots of Cissus and megadosing my Omega 3s (around 2.7 gms ED). Lots of secondary health positives along the way. Good Luck!
We all have to have goals, I have had alot of health positives along the way. I guess it just fuels the fire, I want that max effort. My weight is up to 190.5, bp is running normal and bloodwork is due in 4 weeks. I should be able to get started around the first of September. I hope your 500 is an easy and safe lift...best wishes.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday it all came together. Morning coffee, pre-workout drink, at the gym everything came together. After the warm up, I made three lifts, last lift was 590. It was a perfect day, energy, drive, form, focus, strength and even breathing ( no allergy issues ). Except when I was lowering the weight after my last lift, something didn't feel right. Post workout/ carb drink followed by a protien shake within 30 minutes, I felt great but still trying to figure out what was off during my lift.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT thanks for the info in the pm. I'm cruising at 25mg e3d, test e and will probably run tren a / test e cycle when I kick this off. What were your doses when you ran your cycle.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to do some digging to give you exact numbers on my last cycle, but I was probably running test cyp at 1g / week, and tren enan at 250 to 500 mg / week. I started having crazy night sweats with the tren, so I backed it off. I was around 260 pounds back then.

Tren has some interesting side effects, at least for me, so just be aware. I went for quite some time avoiding this "tren cough" thing I had read about. I didn't understand it, and thought it was a load of BS until it happened to me. But right after pinning, and once or twice during, I broke out into this crazy cough! I couldn't stop coughing for 2 or 3 minutes from what I recall! I had some folks tell me it was because I was running tren ace. However, I got the same exact thing running tren enen.

Other side effects I've experience with the tren, are the night sweats I mentioned earlier. I would have to sleep on a towel so I wouldn't completely soak my bed. It didn't really seem whether I was running the tren high or low, after a few weeks, I would get the night sweat thing.

Tren also seems to give me a short fuse. I would be standing in the line at the grocery store, and some lady would whip out her check book and I'd just feel the anger build inside. You have to be mindful of that too.

-TT

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I never heard or seen a deadlift machine, I just load the bar on the floor and pick it up. My weak ass PR is 505 I'm 5'9 205 at 11% bf your strong as hell to lift that, there are so many guys at my gym that can't come close to 500. If you go on a cycle with tren I'm sure you'll hit 600. I want to hit 600 then cycle to try and hit 700+ so good luck to us both.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I never heard or seen a deadlift machine, I just load the bar on the floor and pick it up. My weak ass PR is 505 I'm 5'9 205 at 11% bf your strong as hell to lift that, there are so many guys at my gym that can't come close to 500. If you go on a cycle with tren I'm sure you'll hit 600. I want to hit 600 then cycle to try and hit 700+ so good luck to us both.
I've only been to two gyms that had one. 505 is one damn good deadlift don't kid yourself. Lift with your brains not your boyz, pay close attention to how your pulling through the lift. When I'm in position ready to lift, if everything thing feels right I go for it. If my grip, position or stance doesn't feel right, I'll just walk away, it's not worth the injury. I never think of how much weight is on the lift, just how the lift feels. Just set your goal and take one step at a time, before you know it , you will be standing with the bar at your feet....goal met. Good luck on your hitting 600.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to do some digging to give you exact numbers on my last cycle, but I was probably running test cyp at 1g / week, and tren enan at 250 to 500 mg / week. I started having crazy night sweats with the tren, so I backed it off. I was around 260 pounds back then.

Tren has some interesting side effects, at least for me, so just be aware. I went for quite some time avoiding this "tren cough" thing I had read about. I didn't understand it, and thought it was a load of BS until it happened to me. But right after pinning, and once or twice during, I broke out into this crazy cough! I couldn't stop coughing for 2 or 3 minutes from what I recall! I had some folks tell me it was because I was running tren ace. However, I got the same exact thing running tren enen.

Other side effects I've experience with the tren, are the night sweats I mentioned earlier. I would have to sleep on a towel so I wouldn't completely soak my bed. It didn't really seem whether I was running the tren high or low, after a few weeks, I would get the night sweat thing.

Tren also seems to give me a short fuse. I would be standing in the line at the grocery store, and some lady would whip out her check book and I'd just feel the anger build inside. You have to be mindful of that too.

-TT
I have been advised to run the tren at a very low dose to see how I respond first.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Insomnia too, even with prescribed sleep aides
I can't deal with the insomnia issues right now. I'm damn lucky to get 6.5 hours of sleep as it is with it all thats going on around me. Any ideas on what product to replace the tren e .

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I had to figure out what was wrong on my last dead lift so I spent Sat morning at the gym. It took about an hour with a little help, I have it worked out. Now, I remember why I don't go to the gym on Sat., The local wannabe group were there, I couldn't put it into words, just think comedy club ! Instead of working out today, I have to go to the hospital for bloodwork etc....I only have 3 hours a day to do as I wish and that is my gym time, I just have to much going on, sooner or later I have to cut something out.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday's workout ran normal for a change.

Curls 3x10 45lbs.
shrugs 1x10 270 lbs
curls 1x10 45 lbs
shrugs 1x8 360 lbs
curls 1x6 45lbs
shrugs 1x3 450lbs
The above was done on the machines, afterwards grabbed a bb, 35lb and sat and enjoyed 2 sets of 10, sitting at the preachers bench. I'm thinking about trying decline dumbell press. The gym owner has a staff trainer, work with me once a week, I think just to keep me out of trouble. She isn't hard on the eyes, so far she has been a lot of help. Right now I got my hands full so I have to be brief.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT thanks for the pm and the info.. I've been switching back and forth to give my lower back longer time to recover before I go again. I fractured a lumbar vert. and it lets me know in cold weather. I guess it's time to put it to the test but I'm going slow at it.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Ask, and I'll do my best to answer. But like I said, I'm no expert.

I was just going back and looking through some of my old posts.... 4 years wiser, yet 4 years dimmer. It's hard to explain.

One day, you're coquey and on the top of the world, then the very next day, somebody knocks your legs right out from under you.

Much wisdom to be learned by all. What's funny, is that some of the most brilliant things I've heard come from people on their death beds. At first you're disappointed, and think these people are demented, then years later, you finally understand the brilliance that they've distilled over years of a lifetime experience.

Many times, I see youngsters in their 20's... maybe early 30's... they're all into weight lifting and fitness and such, then they just drop it. They get married, they get fat, and that's that. Then there are the guys in their 50's with this "old man" strength that put most of the youngsters to shame.

I find these guys with dedication quite inspring.

Keep up the good work!

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I have been helping a friend, powerlifter overcome the total replacement of his shoulder. Talking to him you could still see the fire in this ex-seals eyes but he was so down and out over it. He's the one who gave me the belt to help protect my lower back. I texted him told him to see me at work, I had something to help him. You should have seen his face when I handed this old juicer a vial of test e, when it comes to cycles he knows his stuff, I explained trt, 50mg e3d....etc. He told me yesterday that he quit taking it and went to do bloodwork, damn he felt so good he had to get checked out. He went back to training....his old lifting buddy and a young body builder prepairing for his next event. He's back and doing fine. He invited me to workout and he would train me on saturdays, I told him I'd be proud to workout with someone of his skill and drive. I'm glad I was able to help him, he's one hell of a great guy, we all need a push now and then. This time I was the pusher instead of the pushed. We have a 67 yr old guy at the gym that is 100% on top of his game, his lifts are lower than mine but overall he could best me any day he wishes. It's all in how you play the game.....

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I need to go for shoulder surgery, just trying to decide when.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I remember those days, it was on my right rotor cuff. Push lifting really lets me know how weak it still is after all this time. I can honestly say my bench really sucks because of it. I wish that I got it done asap instead of waiting so long before the repair.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me its a partial labral tear primarily, guessing it will have me out entirely for 2 months, and another 4 months to get back to right.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
When I had mine, I could not raise my arm above my shoulder. A week later the doc told me to not use the sling and to use the arm. I have to admit , that was an eye watering event the first time. Wow the first time I raised that arm overhead it hurt like all h..., damn it felt great to raise it straight up. I would advise you to get back to the gym asap. Treadmill, elip, seated leg workouts do anything that doesn't work the arms and shoulders. It will feel great to get out and do something positive while your healing, I used to put the sling back on so I wouldn't do anything stupid before I got the ok from doc.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I really need to post every other day and with more detail. TT- we all have had our dark days. Mine started when I lost my youngest son in 95. I watched him play soccor on the finals, with college and pro scouts there too ! Six weeks later I stood at his grave, I spent years sitting in a chair pumped full of meds and was on SSI. Then I fell down the stairs and fractured a lumbar vert. nothing like hitting rock bottom. The only way I had left was up. Right now I'm fighting a legal battle, just got papers served on me, I'm a care giver for my parents who are in their late 80's, pull a 10 hr shift on a loading dock and if I'm lucky after drive time I get to workout. Each day, I try to be a little better than the day before...Yesterdays workout went like this

machine curls 6x10 45lbs
preachers bench 3x10 35lbs.
lat pull down 6x10 80lbs. ( wide grip )
shoulder shrugs 3x10 270lbs.
lift at 360
lift at 450
lift at 540
Then I went for 610, slow pull, good lift except I injuried my right arm, setting it back down. I'll go back to the gym tomarrow and work on legs and cardio. I won't be lifting for awhile, I need to give this arm a rest and to see how it heals.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Today was ab day, right arm is really messing up my plans. Tomarrow is test day on the right shoulder, incline and decline bench press if things went well, off to try a regular bench press. I may have to switch off to legs and give the forearm more time to settle down.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I hope your forearm gets better soon.

I was looking at your shoulder shrug numbers. Wow! Those need to be strong when you're doing deadlifts.

Yes, every day, be better than the day before.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I hope your forearm gets better soon.

I was looking at your shoulder shrug numbers. Wow! Those need to be strong when you're doing deadlifts.

Yes, every day, be better than the day before.

-TT
I didn't hit the gym Friday, delt with the legal stuff most of the morning before work. The wife called to see how the workout went and was a little p''''d off about me not going to the gym. The freezer is stocked with fresh chicken breasts in 1.5 lbs per freezer bag. Frozen veggies, she's stocked up and ready for me to kick this off next weekend. Skim milk in the frig, she got some half-half for my coffee except for the half a case of eggs on her list, she's stocked up. I guess it's fuel for the inner-beast, the new workout should be e-mailed to me today, that buddy of mine is changing the workout to give the arm a little more time. Lets see if I can keep going.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I had issues with the fore arm today. Started off with shrugs 6 x 10 x 270, 1 x 5 x 360. Failed on arm curls at half weight 45lb so I hit the preachers bench did upper half curls at 35lb with no problem. The seated lat pull downs, wide grip 140lbs and close grip at 120lbs. I had an older guy wanting to lift against me doing lat pull downs. We did the above weight 10 x 10. He trashed me, 2 minutes between sets, talk about a pump, rapid sets. I got it done but I was all in when we got done, he still was ready to go again. LOL I got my backside kicked by a 66 yr old, he said I could have a rematch, I will try again. He pushed me pretty hard, next time I'll be ready.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I decided to go for it. The 2800 cal diet starts today, will front load and increase the test from cruise to a blast. It's time to rock and roll, the lifts that bothers the arm, I'll just have to avoid for now. This weekend I'm going to have my strength trainer, trainer etc all at the same gym so I'm going to take advantage of it. When there done with their clients, were going to sit down and get the workout issues taken care of and get their views on this injury. I should be able to work around it, I guess I'll find out shortly !

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
good luck and hopefully it's not anything serious! Keep up the good work

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
good luck and hopefully it's not anything serious! Keep up the good work
Thanks I'll get it done. I have a doctors appt in two weeks and another in four weeks so I'll stay on top of it.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I only hit the gym once this week, looking forward to tomarrow. Spent the entire week dealing with the legal issue, I will be glad when it's over. On the good side, I had to see my eye doc because half the time I see better without my glasses. After a boat load of tests, she enters the room and asks about my meds. She asked me if I was on trt, when I told her that I was injecting test e and gave her the dose. She ran one more series of tests and couldn't believe the results. She said older men on trt have been in her office, with improved eye sight, But they all have been using the gel. She had two more docs, review her findings, then she returned to the room. She told me that I have no macular degeneration....none at all, and I have almost no stigmatism in both eyes. She went back through all of my old records...she gave me a rx for some eye drops and removed the stigmatism correction from both eyes on my new rx for glasses. Maybe It's the fish oil and test e combo thats making things better ?

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I hear that both fish oil and lutein are great for eyes.
Interesting about the TRT and better vision / eye health.
My vision continued to get worse while running test. Of course the vision got really bad during PCT.
If you find something about test and eyes, please post. All I'm finding on Google is stuff about test and dry eyes.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I hear that both fish oil and lutein are great for eyes.
Interesting about the TRT and better vision / eye health.
My vision continued to get worse while running test. Of course the vision got really bad during PCT.
If you find something about test and eyes, please post. All I'm finding on Google is stuff about test and dry eyes.

-TT
TT I'll post anything I find out. I go back in Oct for another series of tests and an update on the improvement. I'm sitting here without glasses, talk about weird, I had to have my glasses on all the time since I was in my late 20's. Except when I drive or read fine print, I don't need them. It's going to be nice to workout without them.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
TT- cycle starting Tuesday, going to watch the arm injury as I go forward. I may wrap it if becomes an issue we will wait and see. Test e will be ran at 400mg. the wife is giving the shots. She insists, one of the nurses who's husbond uses, showed her how to do it. I use the stick it in and get it over with method, she put half in each delt and I could barely feel it. Since she rules the kitchen, no problem dear, just stick me as many times as you wish. Diet changes again today, time to lean it down a bit and to get on with it !

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Good to hear your vision has improved, that's astonishing!

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Nice! Good to hear your vision has improved, that's astonishing!
It's hard to adjust to normal vision, I'm going to try safety glasses at work . I had to keep taking my glasses off, the normal things close were out of focus. It's going to be nice not have to wear them all the time.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I took the holiday off, to give the arm a chance to settle down. I'm back in the gym today to see how it feels, just give it a try and see how it feels. I will try to get enough time to post better, back to the legal crap after the gym, then off to work.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to delay using the arm after todays try at the gym. Tomarrow plan to readjust my workouts to abs, lower back and legs and start up with cardio before and after. I think it's best to stall the upper body until I get into docs office. Maybe, I should change my thread to older and wiser and it takes longer to heal...!
wide grip pull-downs 8 x 12 x 120
close grip pull-downs 8 x 12 x 140...2 x 10 x 150
shoulder shrugs at 270 just 3 before the pain came back.
I just walked it off and called it a day, it's time to get it checked out.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Staying away from the gym until monday. Doctors appt. on Tuesday, hope I'm not out for an extended time. My employer sent us old farts for a new physical, said I had to be tested because of blood pressure meds. Nice try, I tested 124/82/60, they can try again next year. I was caught off-guard since I'm on cycle, but I'll take that number any day.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
I tested 124/82/60, they can try again next year. I was caught off-guard since I'm on cycle, but I'll take that number any day.
Those are great numbers! During my last cycle, I was up in the mid 140's. Right now, I'm 124/76 @ 51.
My bp always seems to be highest in the morning, so I avoid taking it in the morning now.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Those are great numbers! During my last cycle, I was up in the mid 140's. Right now, I'm 124/76 @ 51.
My bp always seems to be highest in the morning, so I avoid taking it in the morning now.

-TT
This morning in at 119/85@ 71, remaining stable. I'm quite impressed with my results. It wasn't that long ago, being in the 140 + was my everyday normal. Then I was on testim, exercise and diet goes a long way. My first doc appt. on the arm is tomarrow, hopefully I will get some good news and the green light to get back at it. Monday the 19th is my first full day planned at the gym, how much I can do will depend on this doc appt. If I remember today is your first day at work, Good Luck and have a great day !

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
This has been a rough day. First my urologist tells me that I am out of FDA standard for TRT. He tells me that I am at 997 ng/dl, I tell him that the standard was 1100>241. Not any more, it's 827>241 ng/dl and I am exceeding the federal guildlines and that he must lower my level. Now I'm at 30mg twice a week, I have to be at 700 ng/dl or less. Oh yea it gets better, The pharmacy calls and said I tripped the Ohio Controlled Substance whatever and they had to notifiy The DEA and my doctor....why...my rx was for one box of a 100 and the new limit in Ohio is 50 needles. What a bunch of bull ****, on top of the fact that my arm will take another 6 to 8 weeks to heal....it will probably take that long to cool off.

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
The pharmacy called and said I have to wait until this issue is resolved. Nice, how about faxing the script directly to the doc so he can verify thats the way it was written and next time I will just have it called into the pharmancy direct. Oh well 3 days into this issue, can't wait to round 3 to begin.

TINYTOAD

TINYTOAD

Awards
  • Established
Always funny.... estrogen... no problem! Test.... evil.... red flag!!!

In all truth, I think it's the other way around. Estrogen is a carcinogen, if I'm not mistaken.

What a funny world we live in!

Good thing we live in the "land of the free," or I might think it's otherwise.

-TT

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
The big evil test problem is over. Changed pharmacys and it was verified and filled in 24 hrs. All this drama, over a script , nothing like being treated like a drug lord when you pick up your meds. TT- back in the gym this morning, legs and abs, may try a little with the arm. I have been out of the gym for two weeks, swelling has gone down, still a little tender to the touch, far from 100% but at least I can get back at it.
Always funny.... estrogen... no problem! Test.... evil.... red flag!!!

In all truth, I think it's the other way around. Estrogen is a carcinogen, if I'm not mistaken.

What a funny world we live in!

Good thing we live in the "land of the free," or I might think it's otherwise.

-TT