Reality Check

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
Who here considers themselves an "older guy" at least in spirit? Age wise when did 35+ become "older"? I thought 35 was the new 25, which in this case I'm 29 :D

In all seriousness how are you guys handling the subtle nuances of your body aging, stress, and still manage to train?

How often do those with families train, and is it wise to train 2X's a week vs 3?

I train BJJ 2x's a week ( 3 hours total) and have a son who is very demanding ( terrible 2's!) and yet I have not lifted weights in months! I do fit in dips and chinups though when at work. Not exactly what I had envisioned as a training regimen.

However Monday I am starting a strength\weight training all dumbbell program outlined in Chalk and Sweat by Brooks Kubik, and will do that till I get bored and switch it up.

I feel super tired most of the time and am considering doing a mild cycle of AMS's 1-ad & 4-ad for 4 weeks at recommended dose, but not till I can get a solid 3-4 weeks of weight training.

Diet is ok, not uber clean, but I eat lots, get at least 35-45 grams of protein per meal, 14 grams fat, 20 grams carbs, on my training days I just eat more carbs

I have lifted weights on and off since I was in junior high school, never stuck to it for more than a year, but have always been athletically inclined and was either surfing, doing Judo, and now BJJ which keeps me in shape.

Your thoughts and insight are appreciated, and as Chancellor Palpatine stated in Revenge of the Sith with my twist added "It is with great reluctance that I have agreed to this calling of becoming the older guy"

MK9