I can`t stop eating.

michael75

michael75

Awards
It`s in the title.I`m 36 this month and have been training the last six years,seriously in the last two,i`ve bulked and gained good muscle,strength is ok but not as good as it could be,my work is physical and i get fatigued,the last 14 years i`ve been up and down ladders and running around 5 days a week.

I started using roids a few years ago,it felt good to feel 22 again...My problem now is that i want to cut up but i can`t stop eating,i eat everything,good and bad,i`m unable to shift my abdominal,pec and hip fat,basically the guys at the gym say i would look good if i could cut the fat,but because i get fatigued easily i feel the need to eat high energy food.

Any suggestions guys on how i can do this?

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have to learn self control, dont eat the bad stuff, cut your sugar intake, cut ur sat fat to no more than 20g a day..up ur fruit and veggies..i eat at least 10 veggies a day and 8-9 fruits..aim for 40 grams of fiber daily

bboyflash

Awards
If diet fails OR works to an extent look into appitite suppresants such as dexaprine or ECA for example

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It`s in the title.I`m 36 this month and have been training the last six years,seriously in the last two,i`ve bulked and gained good muscle,strength is ok but not as good as it could be,my work is physical and i get fatigued,the last 14 years i`ve been up and down ladders and running around 5 days a week.

I started using roids a few years ago,it felt good to feel 22 again...My problem now is that i want to cut up but i can`t stop eating,i eat everything,good and bad,i`m unable to shift my abdominal,pec and hip fat,basically the guys at the gym say i would look good if i could cut the fat,but because i get fatigued easily i feel the need to eat high energy food.

Any suggestions guys on how i can do this?
1. Learn self control and exert it.
2. Utilize a nutrition plan that is manageable - you don't have to cut calories if you increase exercise to make up the calorie deficit required for fat loss.
3. Maybe use an appetite suppressant - be aware though that not all will work for everyone (I am one of those whom pretty much everything does nothing for me in this department, and I just train harder to "make up" for my poor nutritional habits).

Find what works for you. Start making small changes and continue to adjust everything re nutrition and training to get effects and optimal results.

~Rosie~

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Keto. when i stopped smoking my appetite was out of control and a CKD ketogenic diet was the only thing that controlled it.

Steakumm

Steakumm

Awards
CARDIO, I don't have the best diet habits but I try to keep the carbs low and sugar low but I always do 20-30 min cardio before I leave the gym Maybe even take a day and do nothing But cardio. Andro Lean aint too bad either

JajaNe20

JajaNe20

Awards
  • Established
Like others said "self control," is the main factor here. Discipline and consistency also play a roll if you’re looking to get leaner. When I contest diet, I usually drink lots of water with each of my meals and drink it throughout the day. Coffee (caffeine) helps to suppress the appetite also. Some diet pills have this effect also. You could try "filling up" by eating more greens to curb your hunger.

corvettels3

Awards
Keto. when i stopped smoking my appetite was out of control and a CKD ketogenic diet was the only thing that controlled it.
I'm with you on this one. I've dropped over 50lbs with the anabolic diet. This is not a diet anymore it's a lifestyle for me.

compudog

compudog

Awards
I think you might benefit from big cardio, like for instance, running for 1.5 hr+/wk (10 K 1/wk + 5 K 1/wk is a good schedule). Doing that
will burn massive amounts of calories, and will also kill your appetite to a great degree. Also, once your conditioning comes up you'll be less
susceptible to fatigue. So it's win win win.

P.S. My son is on a similar schedule, he's 21 and working on a service rig job (= extremely physical, 7days/wk). He complains about being too
tired to run some days, but still manages to get out 2-3 times/wk.

Ganched

Awards
Hello - I went through something similar ... a few years back I was in a bad accident (impaled, tore my shoulder and knee, awful stuff) and initially lost a lot of weight. Rehab and pain management (prescriptions for steroids, even got a script for cannabis) caused me to gain weight like crazy. And yeah, I heard the word self-control a lot; but the fact is, your mind is not the puppet master of your body. I know from personal experience that when you are compulsively eating, it happens at a very primal level ... you are seemingly unaware of it. I made a comment in another posting that what kicked me off was a couple minor changes at first, followed by bigger changes. The first I made was taking cissus quardangularis - lots of it (8 grams per day). Then I added R+ALA, and phased in each change over time (a tweak a month). Good luck!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL at all the psuedo-pretentious; almost condescening comments about self-control.

Sorry but these sorts of abrasive recommendations annoy ther crap out of me.

Do you think that wasn't the first thing that entered his mind? For the love of God.

He is here to get help, and perhaps gain some insight to on supplemental items that may assist him with his dilemma; not to get insulted with such elementary suggestions.

This is akin to everyone who is obviously on this forum trying to optimize his/her physique and someone spouting off "train harder and eat better". WTH does that even mean? LMAO.

Michael:

1) Add fiber to your diet (per meal and at the beginning of the meal to satiate you in advance of eating; especially those meals whereby you are most vulnerable)
2) Nothing can hang with stims for appetitie suppression; especialy long acting ones like 1,3 DMA that can last up to 6-8 hours (careful with dosing too late as it will hamper sleep). If you're not into high profile stiums, a simple cup of coffee suffices (but only lasts 1-2 hours).
3) On that note, there are a pleathora of studies indicating poor/restless sleep leads to increases in appetite. I eat like a pig when I get an inadequate night of sleep. So take the necessary steps to ensure your sleep is adequate and optimal. Search all "sleep" threads on this board to learn all the supps that may help you along with methods to improve/ehnace sleep architecture.
4) Ask any low carb disciple about carb addition (and the ensuing sugar roller coaster rides and subsequent "contant" need to feed"). Next to stims, nothing has helped me get leaner than a low carb life style; partially in part to the ability to control carb cravings and satiate with fiber, protein and healthy fats.
5) Look into these products as they help (in some, not all), to at least take the edge off: Hoodia, Calluma Fibrata (sp?), Synephrine (very mild stimulant properties, but noted in some). There is a product that was mentoned on this board, which also includes green tea made by NOW Foods called Slimulatta (sp?). Glucommanon is also supposed to asssit (swells up in the gut, tricking ghrelin into thinking you full) butit never did crap for me.
6) Some will benefit from cortisol-modulating products (LeanXtreme has a noted appetitie suppression for me), but this will probably only work IF you have excess cort levels (from high stress, etc) and it's not wise to take this if your levels are in normal ranges.
7) For me, weight training kills appetite and cardio increases it. So if one of these works for you, perhaps "time" it at your most vulnerable points in the day.
8) The "drink more water to feel full" theory has been debunked. For me, slamming 10-20 grams BCAA's give me a bit of an edge and they are great in assisting you with remaining anti-catabolic/anabolic. That said, Leucine ellicts an appreciable insulin elevation and this can some times trigger hunger so this will be an individual things (as is all of the aforementioned).
9) Make sure your diet is in check. For me, that meant eating 6-7 small meals a day; all pre-planned and pre-cooked (except dinner) so when hunger struck, I had my HEALTHY pre-prepared foods ready to throw down on (and avoid the mental urges for crap food or the nearest fast food restaurant).
10) This may sound trite but eradicate all the crap food in your house. When you fall off the wagon (b/c we ALL do), you'll be cheating with damage-control healthy foods (raw nuts for me) thereby significantly decreasing the end result. Works well for me.
11) I am not a fan of binge-support supplements but look into products like Genomyx's DCP as they are very popular around here and probably for good reason.

Best of luck. Like the rest of us, I hope you find what works for you to assist you in accomplishing your goals!
We all need help, be it diet/nutritional, training or suppklemental knowledge. Good luck in your jouney.

PS: Next time someone tells you to get some more control, ask them why they aren't Mr or Mrs Olympia and when they give you excuses, just tell them to TRAIN HARDER ;)