Just started 100mg test

acer00

Awards
Hello all. I have just started 100mg test inject/ week. I was curious as to some thoughts. I also take hcg and arimidex 2x/week at low doses to combat sides

I switched over to injectables after concerns with androgel and transfering it to my 7 month old child.

My total test levels were 422ng/dl on a 200-1200 scale. I am 29 years old. Of course I am eager to gain some mass from this but I have heard that 100mg of test will basically do nothing for me because it will shut down my natural test production and only serve as a substitute that will put me back to my current level. Will the HCG and Arimidex prevent this from happening. Just wanting some more educated opinions. I am not opposed to bumping the dosage to 150-200mg per week to get more of a benefit. Thoughts?

Ya Boy A

Ya Boy A

Banned
Awards
100mg sounds insanely low. I thought it was 400mg or higher is necessary?

Pinner

Awards
400mg is a cycle dose.

Starting off at 100mg/week of test cyp is a good starting dose. HCG will keep your balls working and the Arimidex will keep you test from aromatizing.

My protocol:
200mg test cyp 2xWeek
250ius HCG 2xWeek
Arimidex only when I feel I need it (itchy nipples)

I've only been on for six weeks. My energy has greatly improved and so has my libido. I'm working out like I did when I was in college! The biggest improvement has been my mood. I am much more stable. No more anxiety. I can stay in the moment easier and can handle problems with a level head. I'm more outgoing too. My wife was questioning my TRT, but now she is on board. She's noticed the difference in me and likes it.

I'm planning on getting a blood test in a few weeks. At that time I will see if I should adjust my dose down. This is for life and I don't want to be putting too much of anything in my system. I have no desire to get huge. I'm already in great shape and don't want the juiced look. I would recommend sticking to your current dose while adding HCG. I'm not a fan of hopping on an AI right away. Arimidex can affect your lipid profiles. Having said that, keeping an eye on your estrogen is the hardest and probably the most improtant thing while on TRT.

BTW, I'm 38.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Ya think I heard that even horny teenage guys still only produce about 100mgs of test a day. Not sure if thats true or not.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
My total test levels were 422ng/dl on a 200-1200 scale. I am 29 years old. Of course I am eager to gain some mass from this but I have heard that 100mg of test will basically do nothing for me because it will shut down my natural test production and only serve as a substitute that will put me back to my current level. Will the HCG and Arimidex prevent this from happening. Just wanting some more educated opinions. I am not opposed to bumping the dosage to 150-200mg per week to get more of a benefit. Thoughts?
Some of that is true and some of it isn't. Any HRT regardless of source (androgel, patch, pellets or injections) will shut down natural production, BUT that doesn't mean you return to your previous levels. Whoever told you this does not understand HRT. 100mg of test a week will take most men well over 700ng/dl and some men close to 1000ng/dl a week.
So if you compare 700 to 1000ng/dl to 422ng/dl there will definately be some benefit . The question is, do you need HRT or are you just looking for a legal way to do cycles.

TerpVTX

Awards
Penner,

Are you taking 200 mg as week, spread into two doses of 100mg each, or are you taking 400 mg a week, spread into two doses of 200 mg a week? It was not clear to me from your post.

Pinner

Awards
Penner,

Are you taking 200 mg as week, spread into two doses of 100mg each, or are you taking 400 mg a week, spread into two doses of 200 mg a week? It was not clear to me from your post.
I'm taking 200mg/week. I spread that into two doses, T/F. I pin 250iu HCG M/Th. I'm really curious to see what my labs are. I'm going to wait another month before testing. I feel great so far.

TerpVTX

Awards
Got it. Thanks. I am 41 and just starting TRT and my protocol will be the same as yours. I hope I end up feeling as good as you do.

whriley

Awards
New here and new to the idea of TRT. But, I need a boost workouts were pretty good and high energy workouts... but near the end of 12 week 6 day per week workouts I am feeling really tired, and my libido is about gone. A reduced libido for me is about that of a 25 year old... what I have now is the interest of a 5 year old... and my wife is looking better than ever too... how do you go about getting the TRT? do you see it helping beyond just mood and libido or does it help you with fat reduction and strength/mass gains as well? I am considering a week or 2 off my routine to let my shoulder heal up and then starting another 12 week workout cycle and wanted to add Andro Mass or Andro Hard... assuming the will help in the areas mentioned above and also help a "hard gainer" pack alittle muscle on top now that the fat it 90% stripped away.

any thoughts suggestions or answers would be great.

Pinner

Awards
Terp,

I'm fairly lean to begin with. This and the fact that I break up my doses could be why I don't need an AI righ now. You may be different. Again, 200mg is the higher side of TRT. No such thing as a one size fits all protocol. TRT also causes your RBC to rise. Most guys on TRT donate blood 4x year to lower it. I want to try and avoid that which is why I might lower my dosage after my next labs.
Good luck with your protocol. TRT will make a difference in your life. If you get you protocol dialed in, a much improved difference.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
are you prescribed testosterone? IF he is 100mg, could be a TRT dose, though isnt it around 150mg?

if your SELF prescribing, you might as well do 300mg's 2x a week

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Yeah 100mg is super low. Like you start seeing good results from 600mg+. And by good results I mean really really good results.

Pinner

Awards
I think the OP is referring to TRT. He's citing labs and talking about switching from androgel. I'm prescribed T. Not interested in cycling.

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
I was on 200 mg per week but it kept me around 1300 ng/dl and worried my Uro. Now I am on only 100 per week and staying at 750 ng/dl. It works fine and I have no complaints.

Pinner

Awards
I was on 200 mg per week but it kept me around 1300 ng/dl and worried my Uro. Now I am on only 100 per week and staying at 750 ng/dl. It works fine and I have no complaints.
Yeah, I'm at 200 because that is what I thought was the standard dosage. I'm enjoying it right now but we'll see where I'm at when I get labs done. What were your test levels before you started?

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
God, i bet my t is < 1500 :eek:

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
My test has been down below 200 for a decade. It took a while to convince my VA docs that I needed test cyp and then they started slowly with the gel patches etc. My high PSA (7 yo 10), from a lifetime of BPH had them worried at first. It took a biopsy and the PCA3 (genetic) test to show me as C free and then an excellent PSAF test 24.9 with 25 considered near perfect to convince them.

1badf67

Awards
interesting..my T levels dropped off the face of the earth when I was in my 20s. No Dr back then would even listen
Over 40 now and starting HRT. Last test was 310
Hes real conservative and only 200mg cyp/wk. Still feel sluggish tired cranky.No libido etc.

Estrogen was 38 or 48 have to look at it.
Out of curiosities sake about wk 5 took another 200mg 4 days later and for the first time in yrs felt Ok. Unfortunately I gotta wait 3 wks to see him again to retest levels..and of course nada sittign around here. Pure hell.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
i like my hrt aat 250mg ew. but that is a bit above norm

Dutchman

Dutchman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm at 200 because that is what I thought was the standard dosage. I'm enjoying it right now but we'll see where I'm at when I get labs done. What were your test levels before you started?
170 to 184