pros and cons of testosterone therapy YOUR health

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
List some pros and cons that have happened since you started useing test.
I would like to know

What age you were when you started?

How it's affected your joints and tendons(include test dosages and what suppport compounds, if any, you take to offset any test sides regarding health).

Affects on cholesterol, blood sugar, bp, prostate, sex life, and really anything else.

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
31 yrs old, been on HRT for a year, been using on/off for 12 years

PRO's- joints feel better
more energy
more sex drive
better at sex
burn fat easier
I seem happier than 90% of the people I meet
better workouts
more appetite
more aggressive than passive with financial dealings and debates w/ people

CON'S - Cholesterol issues- have to stay up on my diet and cardio and try my best to stay within normal HRT range. Cholesterol is always a little off on my tests but compared to what I would look like w/out my lifestyle its worth it!!

-dosage changes sometimes cause me to feel "off" moody. It takes a little while to level out. I'm at 185/wk on it, which is about 60 mg higher than normal range, I like to stay a little on the high side of HRT. But usually 1-2x/yr I jack it up to 500/wk, but coming back down to normal HRT will make me often feel like I have nothing at all in me until I get used to it.

Supporting compounds- small amount of aromasyn ed, usually 12.5 mg
- low dose primo on/off throughout, may run 2-300 mg alongside HRT for 15-20 wk periods

I'm not as old as many on HRT, but I'd like to say I'm what you would call "gym old" and I'm at the point where I will stay away from a lot of compounds I used to use. This last run of tren,dbol, and test told me a lot. I will strictly stick to test, primo, anavar, and maybe masteron from now on, and stay leaner year round

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

more energy
more sex drive
better at sex
burn fat easier
better workouts
more appetite

CON'S - Cholesterol issues- have to stay up on my diet and cardio and try my best to stay within normal HRT range. Cholesterol is always a little off on my tests but compared to what I would look like w/out my lifestyle its worth it!!

-dosage changes sometimes cause me to feel "off" moody. It takes a little while to level out. I'm at 185/wk on it, which is about 60 mg higher than normal range, I like to stay a little on the high side of HRT. But usually 1-2x/yr I jack it up to 500/wk, but coming back down to normal HRT will make me often feel like I have nothing at all in me until I get used to it.

- low dose primo on/off throughout, may run 2-300 mg alongside HRT for 15-20 wk periods

I'm not as old as many on HRT, but I'd like to say I'm what you would call "gym old" and I'm at the point where I will stay away from a lot of compounds I used to use. This last run of tren,dbol, and test told me a lot. I will strictly stick to test, primo, anavar, and maybe masteron from now on, and stay leaner year round
Awsome! These are the type of answers Im looling for, real user info!

R

Rickg1953

Awards
What did you use? I have a bottle each of Formadrol Extreme and DAA Pure. I want to stack these two from what I've read. Does anyone know about these two?

woody48

woody48

Awards

more energy
more sex drive
better at sex
burn fat easier
better workouts
more appetite

i would say with all the new cholesterol research that you should only worry if your Ldl is small and dense. from the Meta studys people with low cholesterol die earlier than people with high cholesterol

aj power

aj power

Awards
  • Established
35 Using TRT for a little over a year. (Sustanon 250 for about 6 months then Reandron 1000)

Most joints feel better except two that are injured improved mood and energy but I have clinical depression so its only improved not fixed. Unfortunently I have now developed some gyno despite my E levels being in the upper normal range. Dr gave me Arimidex and that got it under control even shrunk it a fair bit then swapped me to transdermal chrysin (he only likes bio identical or natural stuff) guess what ... it came back!

Overall it improved my situation but was no mirical treatment that's for sure. My server elbow injury has resulted in my doing lots more cardio on my last injection they checked my blood pressure and resting pulse rate and my pressure has dropped considerably and my resting heart rate is in a steady state of decline.

So my injury which changed my training methods has resulted in increased health benefits. I would not have been able to engage the program without the T! Sex is improved. My Cholesterol was always extremely low and has moved up into the normal range.
Hope this is of some help to you.

Small funny thing I am now able to grow a beard ... wife hates it!

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Pros of TRT since 2007?

-15 pounds of lean mass that stayed
-erections that even scare girls in their 20's.
- bottles and bottles and bottles of test cyp. In a drawer :)
-45 and look like 35 but better.

Cons?

It hasn't stopped my birthday from coming every year...

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Great info in here. :) do you guys ever use hcg while on trt? I've seen posts of some guys doing it while on trt.
Your test levels will actually be higher if you DO use it while on trt. But that still doesn't mean everyone does, lol. It's still an individual call really. Revolving heavily around most likely age, and your thoughts and feelings on having children in the future.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Great info in here. :) do you guys ever use hcg while on trt? I've seen posts of some guys doing it while on trt.
hcg plays a very large role in hormonal production and im not talking just test. preg, dhea. id say they are important to us as men hormonally speaking.

i went a year and a half or so without it. started it recently. besides what i mentioned above the energy i get from it is amazing

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
hcg plays a very large role in hormonal production and im not talking just test. preg, dhea. id say they are important to us as men hormonally speaking.

i went a year and a half or so without it. started it recently. besides what i mentioned above the energy i get from it is amazing
Really? That's very interesting! How hard was it to control the extra estrogen when you started it? How much did you need to adjust your AI dose?

woody48

woody48

Awards
Heres a con that has just started... I now have a lot of anxiety. Not sure why but some nights I don't use the test to see if I can stop my heart from racing which causes bad sleep issues

txheadshaver

txheadshaver

Awards
45 yrs old, been on TRT Cyp for 8 months and can't tell you how awesome life is again. My wife calls it my fountain of youth. I feel amazing, mentally sharp, ALWAYS ready to have play time with wife - it's like we were back when we got married. Gym working out is finally working - lean muscle gain. My daddy belly is going away. I just feel amazing - like the post earlier - it has stopped my birthday from coming each year :)

PRO's- overall - feel like i'm 25 again. (everything except my bald head)
more energy
more sex drive - like over the top sex drive.
better at sex - no, amazing sex. before i had kinda got into the mindset of "it's not worth it anymore" and now I want it 3 times a week again.
burn fat easier
I seem happier than 95% of the people I meet and my family said the same thing. Just have a positive outlook on life again (top it off with Wellbutrin and you love life)
better workouts - like intense. Some of the muscle guys at my gym are now working out with me and they say they see the difference.
more appetite - I eat like 3200 cal per day and still have my 31" waist.
more aggressive than passive - boss said he noticed i am somewhat more agressive.... and he's so happy cause i'm closing the deals like a monter on attack.

CON'S - my golf ball size balls have srunk up to the size of - well, let's just say they are small, a lot smaller. but who cares, life is great. My giz is a lot less too - used to blow massive loads - now, 2 or 3 squirts of watery giz - that's it. Still feels the same, but much less outcome.

I'm want HGH but Doc will not prescribe.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started getting stable months ago and I feel like I have been missing out on this feeling for years. I honestly can't even describe how complete I feel now after playing around with herbal boosters and the like. In a short period of time, we have me stabilized at low-mid 700s right before my weekly 125mg injection. The only thing I am not happy with is losing some size in my testes, but I am going to be adding hcg on my own. My doc nor any endo around here will prescribe it and insurance won't cover it, so I went another route.

Right now my pros are involving mood and energy, which my wife can't get over. I'm 38 and have always been very active, but I feel like I am 18. Never tired and always ready to do something. Best feeling ever.

On the con side- I do have higher cholesterol than I did, but I am taking care of that with some diet changes and have already had lower tests. Cutting back on red meat, whole eggs, and incorporating egg whites and fish along with sterols has put me into a normal range.

Reading back on this since it was bumped, it was misleading because I actually started on TRT in summer of 2011, but it took a long time to get it right and stable. Playing around with dosage and time between injections was a long tedious journey of about 8-10 months. I no longer run 125mg e7d, but now 100 e6d with much better results. Also, tried hcg for 2 months with bad results in everything except teste size, which isn't enough reason for me to continue.

Last edited:
GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
Im only 6 weeks in at 135mg 2x week test c from a UG, and outside of some bloat and sporadic libido boosts i dont have much positive to report. My mood went to hell (way to hell) when i started and only partially recovered with some AI and divanex. Im going to see the doctor soon for some blood work. Maybe he'll prescribe and get me tuned up, wish me luck.

C

corvettels3

Awards
Pros: Increase muscle mass, sex way up, mind fog is gone, focus is back, lust for life. It's all good..
Cons: Some back hair. Thats it..

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
It took its time but now that im settled in i have to agree with the rest, all pros with a side of acne. Funny how it can change in just a few days.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
45 yrs old, been on TRT Cyp for 8 months and can't tell you how awesome life is again. My wife calls it my fountain of youth. I feel amazing, mentally sharp, ALWAYS ready to have play time with wife - it's like we were back when we got married. Gym working out is finally working - lean muscle gain. My daddy belly is going away. I just feel amazing - like the post earlier - it has stopped my birthday from coming each year :)

PRO's- overall - feel like i'm 25 again. (everything except my bald head)
more energy
more sex drive - like over the top sex drive.
better at sex - no, amazing sex. before i had kinda got into the mindset of "it's not worth it anymore" and now I want it 3 times a week again.
burn fat easier
I seem happier than 95% of the people I meet and my family said the same thing. Just have a positive outlook on life again (top it off with Wellbutrin and you love life)
better workouts - like intense. Some of the muscle guys at my gym are now working out with me and they say they see the difference.
more appetite - I eat like 3200 cal per day and still have my 31" waist.
more aggressive than passive - boss said he noticed i am somewhat more agressive.... and he's so happy cause i'm closing the deals like a monter on attack.

CON'S - my golf ball size balls have srunk up to the size of - well, let's just say they are small, a lot smaller. but who cares, life is great. My giz is a lot less too - used to blow massive loads - now, 2 or 3 squirts of watery giz - that's it. Still feels the same, but much less outcome.

I'm want HGH but Doc will not prescribe.
Great information, thank you.

B

Biggyp

Awards
i dont want to hi-jack thread just quick question, how did u guys find a doctor? ive searched for a trt clinc in my area and found none so do you just go to a doc and say hey id like to see about trt? might be a stupid ? but i really want to know

actionhero

actionhero

Awards
i dont want to hi-jack thread just quick question, how did u guys find a doctor? ive searched for a trt clinc in my area and found none so do you just go to a doc and say hey id like to see about trt? might be a stupid ? but i really want to know
Regular doctor suggested it after blood tests from annual physical.

bigt405

bigt405

Awards
I just asked around the gym...talked to the trainers and some of the guys my age or older and quickly came up with a few doctors.

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
1 year on trt.

Pros
I feel normal again.
Normal energyagain.
Normal sex dive again.
Lost an inch and a half in the waist with no diet change.

Cons
Have to shave more often
It costs money to be normal again

I am glad for the well being, but hate that my body does not work right.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Funny you mention that you hate that your body doesn't work right. I actually couldn't be happier to be on TRT because all I hear is moping and complaining about getting older, even by guys that are in shape. Since getting on TRT, I feel completely unstoppable and would never want to go back to "normal" test levels. I never feel old, tired, out of shape, and the only one that doesn't get sick. At least once a day I have someone ask what I do and I never tell them. It's my secret weapon.

V

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I would rather have my body functional and not dependent in medication that is regulated by a government that can on a whim make the medication illegal to possess. I spend about $500 a year on medication, supplies, and doctor visits, and will spend at least that much for the rest if my life. If my body was optimal on it's own i would feel the same, but no costs, no shots. A healthy make can sustain 600+ total testosterone well into their 60s, i stopped making that much in my early 20s.....