How fast can I lose bodyfat?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

How fast can I lose bodyfat?

I am working on setting my goals for this summer. I know everyone is different, and the less fat someone has the more difficult, and diet/type of training are variables. So what is considered reasonable. I know 1 to 2 pounds of weight is what accepted for weight loss, but this is not all fat. I dropped from 25% bf to 13% bf over this year. I would like to know if 10% is feasible by June 30th and if 5%-7% is feasible by the end of August.

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bmichael123 View Post
    I am working on setting my goals for this summer. I know everyone is different, and the less fat someone has the more difficult, and diet/type of training are variables. So what is considered reasonable. I know 1 to 2 pounds of weight is what accepted for weight loss, but this is not all fat. I dropped from 25% bf to 13% bf over this year. I would like to know if 10% is feasible by June 30th and if 5%-7% is feasible by the end of August.
    3% more in one month is unlikely. 7% by end of august is more possible, as that would be 2% a month.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

The general recommendation re fat loss is 0.5% bodyfat per week, although some can lose a little more or less, dependent on the individual, their experience, etc. The faster one loses bodyfat, the less likely they are to maintain that loss once they reach their target - especially since most people "diet" to achieve fat loss, instead of just adjust a lifestyle nutrition plan - and the easier it is to rebound.

Losing 10% bodyfat is not feasible in four weeks, no, but losing 5-7% bodyfat by the end of August is definitely doable.

To calculate the time required to reach your body composition goal, know where you are now and then aim for a loss of 0.5% bodyfat a week and then add a week or two on either side of that number to see the period over which it would take you to reach your goal.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the great comments. One question though. Dieting correctly and exercising correctly will help lose body fat. The comment I question is gaining it back when I change my diet. If my diet reduces body fat, then a different diet should help maintain loss. In other words, continuing this diet should continue losses, at some point I want the losses to stop. I know the less I have the harder I need to work. The first 13% was pretty easy. I am now down to almost 12%. I really stepped up my cardio and focused more intensely on my diet. I am anxious to see where I will be by month end. 11.5% would be great.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the great comments. One question though. Dieting correctly and exercising correctly will help lose body fat. The comment I question is gaining it back when I change my diet. If my diet reduces body fat, then a different diet should help maintain loss. In other words, continuing this diet should continue losses, at some point I want the losses to stop. I know the less I have the harder I need to work. The first 13% was pretty easy. I am now down to almost 12%. I really stepped up my cardio and focused more intensely on my diet. I am anxious to see where I will be by month end. 11.5% would be great.
    No worries

There is no reason for you to gain it back, nor is there a reason for you to change your diet aside from caloric intake. You are going to have a DIFFERENT Maintenance when you lose the bodyfat/weight; therefore I recommend recalculating it every month or so, depending on your progress, just to ensure that you are at the right level for your goal re caloric intake - ideally, you should be adjusting your nutrition on a weekly basis dependent on your progress for that week.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need to lose fast
    By brentd1983 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 12:59 AM
  2. QUESTION ON HOW TO LOSE FAT AN NOT MUSCLE FAST
    By passthatblunt in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 08:02 PM
  3. Healthy percentage of bodyfat to lose per month or week?
    By pitching101 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 10:45 PM
  4. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
  5. How to Really Lose Bodyfat
    By buyb12 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 03:30 AM