Androgel

JAP

Awards
Anyone got any experience with Androgel in terms of increasing muscle and muscle tone?
My understanding is that its minimal if any at all.
This would of course be in combination with regular exercise and a good diet

SkyWeasal

SkyWeasal

Awards
I'm on Androderm patch 2.5mg/day. Raised my TT from low 300's to mid-500's. Can't say that it's done anything for gaining muscle but it has helped my daily stamina, alertness and sense of well-being. Used to crap out every afternoon like clockwork regardless of how much sleep I got the night before. Now I'm almost back to what I felt like in my 20's. (I'm 59 now.)

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
Ditch the Androgel. If you want to stick with a gel, then use Testim. Documented better absorption. My T went from 580's on Androgel to 800's on Testim. As far as muscle mass? With a supplemented diet, increased lifting volume( more sets not weight), I put on 15 solid pounds in a year. At 44, that was a win!

sfvrox

Awards
silly question, but how do you guys know what you t's levels are. Do you guys go to the doctors for lab results every time? or is there a quick otc i could buy to show results?

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I have seen OTC tests you can buy at V-shoppe. But, Im on TRT so my doctor orders mine.

SkyWeasal

SkyWeasal

Awards
silly question, but how do you guys know what you t's levels are. Do you guys go to the doctors for lab results every time? or is there a quick otc i could buy to show results?
I get labs four times a year. All covered by my insurance.