40 year old, first cycle (any advice?) - AnabolicMinds.com

40 year old, first cycle (any advice?)

1. New Member

40 year old, first cycle (any advice?)

Hey guys I'm considering doing my first cycle and my goals are to lower my bf to around 9% and gain some nice lean muscle. My current stats: 6ft, 220lbs, 15%bf. My biggest concern is when to start hcg and how many iu's to use.

Currently I think my cycle would look something like this:

Test-prop 100mg EOD wk 1-10
    Tren-a 75mg EOD wk 1-10
    Anavar 50mg/day wk 6-10
    hcg? wk ?-?
    PCT:
    Nolva 40/40/20/20
    hcg ?

Thanks in advance

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Wow thats heavy for your first cycle. I'd strongly suggest saving your tren for a later cycle. Tren can be really tricky and isn't always enjoyable to run. I'm just a few years older than you, and I can tell you, you are going to feel AWESOME on the test. Enjoy it man. You will get great results with only test on your first run as long as you train hard and eat right.

Run hcg 250iu's twice a week starting week 2 or 3. Your call. I use it my first week in PCT too, but many will advise you not to. I'd have some anastrazole on hand in case estrogenic sides come into play. Enjoy the hell out of it man. Its a great ride.
  3. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Wow thats heavy for your first cycle. I'd strongly suggest saving your tren for a later cycle. Tren can be really tricky and isn't always enjoyable to run. I'm just a few years older than you, and I can tell you, you are going to feel AWESOME on the test. Enjoy it man. You will get great results with only test on your first run as long as you train hard and eat right.

Run hcg 250iu's twice a week starting week 2 or 3. Your call. I use it my first week in PCT too, but many will advise you not to. I'd have some anastrazole on hand in case estrogenic sides come into play. Enjoy the hell out of it man. Its a great ride.
    Thanks! I've been researching for a while and figured everyone would tell me to go test only b/c it's my first cycle haha. Will running test alone be effective enough at shaving off the bf and building muscle simultaneously though? (I'm worried that I'll get bloated from aromatization;I guess I'd have to run the cycle with AI if bloating begins) I know tren has some strong potential side-effects, but I also understand that it has such strong side-effects because the results are just unreal.
    As for a test only cycle, would something like this be good?

Test-cyp 500mg/weeks 10 weeks
    Adex .5mg eod weeks 1 - 15
    HCG 250iu's 2x week, weeks 4 - 13
    PCT: starting week 12
    Nolva 40/40/20/20
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Yea Cyp or Enth is prob a better choice than Prop is... but I'd run it for 12 weeks at least. You should be able to lower your bodyfat while increasing muscle with no problem at all. Aromatization could be an issue thats why I suggested having anastrozole onhand. I wouldn't just run an AI though unless you really need to... that extra estrogen helps you to put muscle on. I'd only use it if bloat becomes an issue. I have little problems with bloat even running up to 1G a week of test cyp/enth. (but I always have it on hand)

Now here is something that you may want to try... Test with a long ester like Cyp doesn't kick in for about 3 weeks. A mild oral steroid is a great addition for those first 3-4 weeks. Something like Halodrol is mild and has low sides... Another good choice would be one of the Epi clones. You could "bookend" them... run them the first 4 weeks, and for 4 weeks after your last test injection while that long ester is clearing. Then start your PCT the day after you stop the oral at the end.
  5. New Member

How does this sound? (Isn't this a lengthy cycle though?) Thanks a ton for your help!

Anavar 50mg ed weeks 1-4
    Test-cyp 500mg/weeks 1-12
    Anavar 50mg ed weeks 12-16
    HCG 250iu's 2x week, weeks 6 - 17
    PCT: starting week 16 (right after last anavar tab)
    Nolva 40/40/20/20
    Adex on hand, just in case any estrogen sides occur
  6. Senior Member

Personally...I'd bump the test up a bit, save the tren for another cycle. I'd also bump the var up to 60-80mgs and run it from weeks 8-14, then begin PCT. Most will suggest to run 500mgs of test for a first cycle, which is great advice. But, if I was doing the cycle, I'd go with 750mgs for the first couple weeks, then down to 500-600mgs for the rest. And I'm only speaking from my opinion and what may have worked best for me.
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole722 View Post
    How does this sound? (Isn't this a lengthy cycle though?) Thanks a ton for your help!

Anavar 50mg ed weeks 1-4
    Test-cyp 500mg/weeks 1-12
    Anavar 50mg ed weeks 12-16
    HCG 250iu's 2x week, weeks 6 - 17
    PCT: starting week 16 (right after last anavar tab)
    Nolva 40/40/20/20
    Adex on hand, just in case any estrogen sides occur
    looks pretty good. You could just run the Test alone at a higher dose tho...

There a some natural legal products you could run along with the nolva too.
  8. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827 View Post
    looks pretty good. You could just run the Test alone at a higher dose tho...

There a some natural legal products you could run along with the nolva too.
    I don't want to do too much for my first cycle because I have no clue how I will react (I am a bit scared of losing my hair and such). I think 500mg will give me sufficient results no? And what other products do you suggest running with the nolva to get the boys working again? lol
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

500 is a great dose. If your stuff is good, and you have a good workout plan and your diet is in check you will gain muscle and drop some fat
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    500 is a great dose. If your stuff is good, and you have a good workout plan and your diet is in check you will gain muscle and drop some fat

Agreed
  11. New Member

I did my first at 38 y/o. test e 250 - 300 mg /wk. Gained a lot with no sides. At your age I would do test solo at 350mg / wk for 10 - 12 wks. Use hcg during cycle & have a/i if needed. If you take 350mg/ wk and eat right & train hard you can gain 20 + lbs of muscle with no sides.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.

test. e for 12 weeks. inject Monday and Thursday 1cc. high protein low carb and fat .. train whole body to start. you'll be fine
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 10:00 PM
  2. Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-21-2010, 03:14 PM
  3. I want to buy a pitbull this year. Advice?
    By jon671 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 01:51 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
  5. Advice needed! Best Stack for 19 year old
    By es2021 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 09:27 PM