High Red Blood Cell count

Ponderosa

Awards
Recently I had blood work done and my doctor mentioned my red blood cell count was above normal. My RBC was 58 and according to my doc that was not too alarming since my blood pressure was good. I'm on Test Cyp at 400 mgs a week but am wondering if I should cut the dose.

Online I've read that other than medications the only solution may be to give blood...or eat a half grapefruit a day.

How common is high RBC and should I be very concerned?

Thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Recently I had blood work done and my doctor mentioned my red blood cell count was above normal. My RBC was 58 and according to my doc that was not too alarming since my blood pressure was good. I'm on Test Cyp at 400 mgs a week but am wondering if I should cut the dose.

Online I've read that other than medications the only solution may be to give blood...or eat a half grapefruit a day.

How common is high RBC and should I be very concerned?

Thanks
Having a high RBC is not something I would concern yourself with, especially if it's not a lot higher than the "norm." I personally have always had a high RBC count - however, my body does this to make up for my blood's lack of oxygen carrying ability and my low haemoglobin.

Did you actually SEE your bloods? If not, I would ask your doctor for a copy to see exactly what it was.

~Rosie~

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, 400mg a week is a bodybuilding cycle dose, a normal TRT dose is 100-150mg/wk.

Ponderosa

Awards
My RBC was 58.9 While I haven't seen the complete report, I was told there was nothing else to be concerned about. But the high RBC did get my doc's attention especially since I'm 50 yo. Otherwise I showed no other symptoms

This was my first "cycle" as after my last natural show my test number was just 300 and I felt awful. The HRT clinic is ok but I believe I should take a greater share of monitoring my various levels. So, this is all apart of the learning curve.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dont sweat it or give blood. No big deal bro

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
The "anabolic doc" did an article about "thick blood" in MUscle development magazine a few months ago. Having had a heart attack, and a hematocrit of 54, it concerned me. Dont be scared, but don't take it lightly either.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
go to blood center and give a double red blood cell donation. you can do that every 112 days. im told this is better for "thinning" the blood out as compared to whole blood donations

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought you were not supposed to give/donate blood whole on steroids/testosterone included