High Free Test, high Estrogen and SHBG...odd?

1. Registered User

High Free Test, high Estrogen and SHBG...odd?

I always keep track of my hormone levels. About a year ago my free test was very upper end of normal, as was my total. estrogen was towards the lower end. off the top of my head something like

Free T- 19.9
    Total T- 774
    Estradol- 28

A little background..I am slim and eat a very healthy diet, no drinking, lots of protein, etc. I have been taking a high quality Tongkat Ali for about a year, cycling it. I also take low doses of DHEA, and ive messed with Trib here and there.

OK so I just got complete blood work done and everything looked perfect as far as liver, thyroid, psa, etc. but my free test is now out of range high, total about the same(732 i think), but my estrogen went from 28 to 50, which is at the top of normal range, and my SHBG, which i never had checked before, is out of range high( 58 off the top of my head) which is 8-10 points high. LH, DHEA, DHT all normal. So i am assuming my high free T has caused the increase in estrogen and thus SHBG.

I have noticed a lower libido and fewer morning erections, so to me theres an indication that the numbers mean something. I stopped the herbal supps other than Avena Sativa and Stinging Nettle, as well as DIM to try to lower estrogen/bind to SHBG. herbs are weak tho and i want to get things back to normal asap.

any suggestions? Forma Stanzolol at a low dose? Arimadex low dose???

2. Registered User

Did you ever figure this out?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Were you taking Trib when your free test was upper range and your E was low? I have taken Trib and noticed negative effect on my libido and increase in lower abdominal fat (both front and love handles) even though I work out consistently and eat very clean. I also had issues with my adrenal glands, but I am sure that the Trib factored in as well. I would research Trib, and get tested again after you have been off it for at least as long as you were taking it. Just my opinion from my own experience
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Didn't see how long ago your original post was. Did you get it all worked out?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Low Testosterone, low SHBG, low GH, high prolactin and high estradiol
    By Estrogosky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 07:38 PM
  2. Low Testosterone, low SHBG, low GH, high prolactin and high estradiol
    By Estrogosky in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 04:37 PM
  3. 37 with High SHBG- Low Total Free T
    By tiporp in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 03:43 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
  5. High E2, High Progesterone, Low SHBG, need advice from experts!
    By ericren23 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 09:06 PM