Post WorkOut

  1. Jag
    Jag is offline
    Registered User
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    667
    Answers
    0

    Post WorkOut


    Hi All, been a while between visits here and i know PWO has been done to death in many threads but i was after some ideas from the senior members.

    I'm 46, been training for just under 30 years and tried just about everything

    Just bought some Genr8 Vitargo which is supposed to be the latest, greatest carb source and it does come with some pretty good reviews, price being the only negative. Haven't tried it yet so am i going to have buyers remorse?

    Came here for some ideas and and a bit of motivation which slips a bit sometimes these days.

  2. Registered User
    drinkyboy's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,102
    Answers
    0

    Well if you ask 10 different people, you will get 10 different answers. I always opt for a banana and a wpi drink. That has always worked for me. Any more carbs than that and I start to accumulate fat. I try to stay somewhat lean. Maybe someone else can chime in. Thats just what works for me.
  3. Registered User
    southpaw23's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,376
    Answers
    0

    This is a great question. I was always curious myself. I drink a preworkout with creatine nitrate, also stack creatine nitrate caps along with it. I also drink an intra like Modern BCAA and then finish off with VPX Synthesize. I've always wondered whether or not I needed the Synthesize - I simply use it as insurance.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    AZMIDLYF's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    55
    Posts
    14,701
    Answers
    0

    My routine for quite sometime has been Protocol immediately post w/o followed 15 minutes later with WPI in water. It's solved my recovery issues for my age tremendously.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  5. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    The Modern BCAA is a great product. The vitargo is great. I would use it 35gm serving should be enough with 2 scoops of modern BCAA and possibly 5gm creatine, and then 5gm Glutamine, and you have a great post workout stack. The vitargo is great. Its just expensive.
  6. Jag
    Jag is offline
    Registered User
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    667
    Answers
    0

    I was thinking of BCAA's and Creatine.

    Not 100% sure but wouldn't Whey Isolate slow the absorbtion rate of the Vitargo?
  7. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    No, vitargo is quickly absorbed as is whey Isolate. If you added fats or fiber it would slow it down. You dont want either of those post workout.
  8. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,390
    Answers
    0

    Post workout:

    Immediately (in the damn locker room): I slam a serving of Maximum Absorbed Protein.
    When I arrive Home: Slam a 2 scoop whey drink, with Oatmeal blended in.
    ~One hour later: Meal.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  9. Registered User
    rulk22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,232
    Answers
    0

    Vitargo's only real downfall is mixability. It does not like to mix well, it clumps and you dont get a lot of it because of this. You'll end up swallowing clumps of vitargo in your shake. For the past while ive just been using Protein ( MAP) pwo or ibcaa's and then have my meal when i get home.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  10. Jag
    Jag is offline
    Registered User
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    667
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    Vitargo's only real downfall is mixability. It does not like to mix well, it clumps and you dont get a lot of it because of this. You'll end up swallowing clumps of vitargo in your shake. For the past while ive just been using Protein ( MAP) pwo or ibcaa's and then have my meal when i get home.
    I didn't find that it clumped at all. What are you using to mix it with? I use a shaker with this metal doo-hickey inside and shake the hell out of it, then add some plain, unflavored WPI and shake again.

    The downfall for me is the price.

    I'm using Orange flavor now but just bought the unflavored one as i'm not really into flavours, colors etc. I was a bit sceptical at first but i feel i'm recovering quicker and feeling quite full as well. I just bought another one so that's saying something for it.
  11. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    Yes, its not cheap. If it works for you then It may just be worth it though.
  12. Registered User
    kanakafarian's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    Post workout:

    Immediately (in the damn locker room): I slam a serving of Maximum Absorbed Protein.
    When I arrive Home: Slam a 2 scoop whey drink, with Oatmeal blended in.
    ~One hour later: Meal.
    Almost the exact same routine here!
  13. Registered User
    rulk22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,232
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    I didn't find that it clumped at all. What are you using to mix it with? I use a shaker with this metal doo-hickey inside and shake the hell out of it, then add some plain, unflavored WPI and shake again.

    The downfall for me is the price.

    I'm using Orange flavor now but just bought the unflavored one as i'm not really into flavours, colors etc. I was a bit sceptical at first but i feel i'm recovering quicker and feeling quite full as well. I just bought another one so that's saying something for it.
    I use a blender bottle. Ive followed the directions too, add a scoop to 16 ounces of water-shake-add some more water and another scoop, shake- and you should be good to go. No luck for me . I like sticking to instantized powders now, especially Primordial Performance's ( ibcaa, MAP, Carnitine ) I know some of those are not instantized but they mix extremely well and easy.

    For now ill just have to get my carbs in from whole food, wich ive been doin. It works but its not the most convenient.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  14. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    I get to the truck, and have 1 svg Massport, by Infinite Labs, and Add 2 scoops Modern BCAA by USP Labs. Then eat when my body tells me to.
  15. Registered User
    schwellington's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,814
    Answers
    0

    i like some simple fast acting carbs to spike insulin- insulin will shuttle nutrients to the muscle quickly

    but your going to need a heafty dose of white carbs to get it


    my postworkout meal

    2 servings white rice
    2 cups skim milk
    2 servings wpi

    spikes the hell out of my insulin, i get tired and light headed about 25 minutes afterword


    an hour after post workout meal i eat a regular meal


    ima big boy though sitting at 245 6'0 tall

    just what works for me
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  16. Registered User
    rulk22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,232
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    i like some simple fast acting carbs to spike insulin- insulin will shuttle nutrients to the muscle quickly

    but your going to need a heafty dose of white carbs to get it


    my postworkout meal

    2 servings white rice
    2 cups skim milk
    2 servings wpi

    spikes the hell out of my insulin, i get tired and light headed about 25 minutes afterword


    an hour after post workout meal i eat a regular meal


    ima big boy though sitting at 245 6'0 tall

    just what works for me
    I have a harder time eating quickly after my workout, but before and during the workout im pretty thirsty, so its a good time to drink whatever you have. I notice with MAP ( mixed with creapure and beta alanine ) is really easy to drink. To stoke my hunger, the 25g of ibcaa's post workout is light enough so that im not so full for a good meal asap.

    I noticed that my body responds just a little bit better with brown rice for my pwo meal and chicken instead of Steak. Steak will keep me too full after words and I like my last meal to usually be a steak. The fat and protein content is fine and im using a carb cutoff technique.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  17. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    When we are not at sea I always eat steak post workout with White Jasmine rice. Its so good. My favorite meal of the day during the week. 8 oz sirloin, and 2 cups rice.
  18. Registered User
    rulk22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,232
    Answers
    0

    Ive added Arginocarn 2 grams with my ibcaa's pwo and im starting to see a bit more recovery. Ive actually started adding more Carnitine daily and seeing a difference.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  19. Primordial Performance Rep
    Board Sponsor
    HereToStudy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,390
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    When we are not at sea I always eat steak post workout with White Jasmine rice. Its so good. My favorite meal of the day during the week. 8 oz sirloin, and 2 cups rice.
    You should consider trying Basmati Rice, Glycemic index: 58 vs. Jasmin Rice Glycemic index: 109.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy
  20. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    I definitely will. Thanks. I have just been using the jasmine up.

    Carnitine is great. I am going to add it in to my next contest prep. I have heard great things about ALC, and R Lipoic acid together.
  21. Registered User
    rulk22's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  267 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,232
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    I definitely will. Thanks. I have just been using the jasmine up.

    Carnitine is great. I am going to add it in to my next contest prep. I have heard great things about ALC, and R Lipoic acid together.
    I just use regular Alpha Lipoic Acid, R lipoic acid is better but a tad more expensive. But ALCAR and Lipioc Acid is good combination indeed. I picked up my ALA in gelcap form from Puritan's Pride-really good price.
    Primordial Performance
    ( at heart )
  22. Jag
    Jag is offline
    Registered User
    Jag's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    667
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by rulk22 View Post
    I just use regular Alpha Lipoic Acid, R lipoic acid is better but a tad more expensive. But ALCAR and Lipioc Acid is good combination indeed. I picked up my ALA in gelcap form from Puritan's Pride-really good price.
    I've heard ALCAR and Lipioc Acid are good to.

    Without going into too much detail, what does this combination do?
  23. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    The ALC, or carnitine is a great metabolism booster helping burn fat for energy, and the R Lipoic acid is a potent anti-oxidant which helps with overall health. Its a big supplement rightnow with a lot of research being done on it for elderly and cancer prevention etc.
  24. Registered User
    nerdalert's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    205
    Answers
    0

    I like the orange flavored Muscle replenisher, it tastes just like an orange creamsicle when you mix it with milk.
  25. Registered User
    Cooky32's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Age
    39
    Posts
    1,020
    Answers
    0

    That sounds delicious.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Rate this Post Workout shake, and post yours.
    By Theipodpeople in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 11:12 AM
  2. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:08 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-14-2007, 10:52 AM
  4. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 05:21 AM
  5. Post your pre/post workout nutrition regimens...
    By TMack40 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2002, 09:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in