Post WorkOut

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Hi All, been a while between visits here and i know PWO has been done to death in many threads but i was after some ideas from the senior members.

I'm 46, been training for just under 30 years and tried just about everything

Just bought some Genr8 Vitargo which is supposed to be the latest, greatest carb source and it does come with some pretty good reviews, price being the only negative. Haven't tried it yet so am i going to have buyers remorse?

Came here for some ideas and and a bit of motivation which slips a bit sometimes these days.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
Well if you ask 10 different people, you will get 10 different answers. I always opt for a banana and a wpi drink. That has always worked for me. Any more carbs than that and I start to accumulate fat. I try to stay somewhat lean. Maybe someone else can chime in. Thats just what works for me.

southpaw23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is a great question. I was always curious myself. I drink a preworkout with creatine nitrate, also stack creatine nitrate caps along with it. I also drink an intra like Modern BCAA and then finish off with VPX Synthesize. I've always wondered whether or not I needed the Synthesize - I simply use it as insurance.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My routine for quite sometime has been Protocol immediately post w/o followed 15 minutes later with WPI in water. It's solved my recovery issues for my age tremendously.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
The Modern BCAA is a great product. The vitargo is great. I would use it 35gm serving should be enough with 2 scoops of modern BCAA and possibly 5gm creatine, and then 5gm Glutamine, and you have a great post workout stack. The vitargo is great. Its just expensive.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking of BCAA's and Creatine.

Not 100% sure but wouldn't Whey Isolate slow the absorbtion rate of the Vitargo?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
No, vitargo is quickly absorbed as is whey Isolate. If you added fats or fiber it would slow it down. You dont want either of those post workout.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Post workout:

Immediately (in the damn locker room): I slam a serving of Maximum Absorbed Protein.
When I arrive Home: Slam a 2 scoop whey drink, with Oatmeal blended in.
~One hour later: Meal.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vitargo's only real downfall is mixability. It does not like to mix well, it clumps and you dont get a lot of it because of this. You'll end up swallowing clumps of vitargo in your shake. For the past while ive just been using Protein ( MAP) pwo or ibcaa's and then have my meal when i get home.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Vitargo's only real downfall is mixability. It does not like to mix well, it clumps and you dont get a lot of it because of this. You'll end up swallowing clumps of vitargo in your shake. For the past while ive just been using Protein ( MAP) pwo or ibcaa's and then have my meal when i get home.
I didn't find that it clumped at all. What are you using to mix it with? I use a shaker with this metal doo-hickey inside and shake the hell out of it, then add some plain, unflavored WPI and shake again.

The downfall for me is the price.

I'm using Orange flavor now but just bought the unflavored one as i'm not really into flavours, colors etc. I was a bit sceptical at first but i feel i'm recovering quicker and feeling quite full as well. I just bought another one so that's saying something for it.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Yes, its not cheap. If it works for you then It may just be worth it though.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Post workout:

Immediately (in the damn locker room): I slam a serving of Maximum Absorbed Protein.
When I arrive Home: Slam a 2 scoop whey drink, with Oatmeal blended in.
~One hour later: Meal.
Almost the exact same routine here!

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't find that it clumped at all. What are you using to mix it with? I use a shaker with this metal doo-hickey inside and shake the hell out of it, then add some plain, unflavored WPI and shake again.

The downfall for me is the price.

I'm using Orange flavor now but just bought the unflavored one as i'm not really into flavours, colors etc. I was a bit sceptical at first but i feel i'm recovering quicker and feeling quite full as well. I just bought another one so that's saying something for it.
I use a blender bottle. Ive followed the directions too, add a scoop to 16 ounces of water-shake-add some more water and another scoop, shake- and you should be good to go. No luck for me . I like sticking to instantized powders now, especially Primordial Performance's ( ibcaa, MAP, Carnitine ) I know some of those are not instantized but they mix extremely well and easy.

For now ill just have to get my carbs in from whole food, wich ive been doin. It works but its not the most convenient.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I get to the truck, and have 1 svg Massport, by Infinite Labs, and Add 2 scoops Modern BCAA by USP Labs. Then eat when my body tells me to.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i like some simple fast acting carbs to spike insulin- insulin will shuttle nutrients to the muscle quickly

but your going to need a heafty dose of white carbs to get it

my postworkout meal

2 servings white rice
2 cups skim milk
2 servings wpi

spikes the hell out of my insulin, i get tired and light headed about 25 minutes afterword

an hour after post workout meal i eat a regular meal

ima big boy though sitting at 245 6'0 tall

just what works for me

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i like some simple fast acting carbs to spike insulin- insulin will shuttle nutrients to the muscle quickly

but your going to need a heafty dose of white carbs to get it

my postworkout meal

2 servings white rice
2 cups skim milk
2 servings wpi

spikes the hell out of my insulin, i get tired and light headed about 25 minutes afterword

an hour after post workout meal i eat a regular meal

ima big boy though sitting at 245 6'0 tall

just what works for me
I have a harder time eating quickly after my workout, but before and during the workout im pretty thirsty, so its a good time to drink whatever you have. I notice with MAP ( mixed with creapure and beta alanine ) is really easy to drink. To stoke my hunger, the 25g of ibcaa's post workout is light enough so that im not so full for a good meal asap.

I noticed that my body responds just a little bit better with brown rice for my pwo meal and chicken instead of Steak. Steak will keep me too full after words and I like my last meal to usually be a steak. The fat and protein content is fine and im using a carb cutoff technique.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
When we are not at sea I always eat steak post workout with White Jasmine rice. Its so good. My favorite meal of the day during the week. 8 oz sirloin, and 2 cups rice.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive added Arginocarn 2 grams with my ibcaa's pwo and im starting to see a bit more recovery. Ive actually started adding more Carnitine daily and seeing a difference.

HereToStudy

HereToStudy

Primordial Performance Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When we are not at sea I always eat steak post workout with White Jasmine rice. Its so good. My favorite meal of the day during the week. 8 oz sirloin, and 2 cups rice.
You should consider trying Basmati Rice, Glycemic index: 58 vs. Jasmin Rice Glycemic index: 109.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I definitely will. Thanks. I have just been using the jasmine up.

Carnitine is great. I am going to add it in to my next contest prep. I have heard great things about ALC, and R Lipoic acid together.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I definitely will. Thanks. I have just been using the jasmine up.

Carnitine is great. I am going to add it in to my next contest prep. I have heard great things about ALC, and R Lipoic acid together.
I just use regular Alpha Lipoic Acid, R lipoic acid is better but a tad more expensive. But ALCAR and Lipioc Acid is good combination indeed. I picked up my ALA in gelcap form from Puritan's Pride-really good price.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
I just use regular Alpha Lipoic Acid, R lipoic acid is better but a tad more expensive. But ALCAR and Lipioc Acid is good combination indeed. I picked up my ALA in gelcap form from Puritan's Pride-really good price.
I've heard ALCAR and Lipioc Acid are good to.

Without going into too much detail, what does this combination do?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
The ALC, or carnitine is a great metabolism booster helping burn fat for energy, and the R Lipoic acid is a potent anti-oxidant which helps with overall health. Its a big supplement rightnow with a lot of research being done on it for elderly and cancer prevention etc.

nerdalert

Awards
I like the orange flavored Muscle replenisher, it tastes just like an orange creamsicle when you mix it with milk.