Adrenal fatigue recovery?

MJ11

Awards
I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. Anyone else battled this? What protocol did you use for recovery and how did it turn out?

Thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. Anyone else battled this? What protocol did you use for recovery and how did it turn out?

Thanks
I had to deal with this last year and again early this year (alongside recurrent bouts of Chronic Fatigue). I just took time off training (or rather, my body forced ~3 months off each time), stopped stimulant use for about a month, and when I started training again, just used the basic staples for a bit. That's just me, though, and I don't do things like most people. You really want to make sure that you deal with the issue - DHEA is actually a something that will help in your recovery, as well as Adaptogens like Rhodiola Rosea, etc. If you take a look around, no doubt there are threads on this topic.

~Rosie~

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had to deal with this last year and again early this year (alongside recurrent bouts of Chronic Fatigue). I just took time off training (or rather, my body forced ~3 months off each time), stopped stimulant use for about a month, and when I started training again, just used the basic staples for a bit. That's just me, though, and I don't do things like most people. You really want to make sure that you deal with the issue - DHEA is actually a something that will help in your recovery, as well as Adaptogens like Rhodiola Rosea, etc. If you take a look around, no doubt there are threads on this topic.

~Rosie~
Damn you have CFS, my wife has had CFS for years and really can't function completely normally and we have tried a lot of things but it always comes back.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Thanks
I remember some posts awhile back about people running Reset AD for this type of problem.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn you have CFS, my wife has had CFS for years and really can't function completely normally and we have tried a lot of things but it always comes back.
Yes, I've had it since 2008 - once you get it, you kind of never ever really get rid of it, and life becomes all about walking a fine line, because if you overdo it, you get it again, and that's another few months out. It's no fun, believe me.

~Rosie~

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would be curious to know how you were diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. As far as I am aware it isn't a condition which is recognised by doctors unless you have complete adrenal insufficiency i.e. Addisons disease.

Functional medical doctors tend to look at it like a spectrum, you can have decreased output but still have output. I have seen many medical doctors argue about the diagnosis of 'adrenal fatigue'.

It could depend on steps taken, for example a functional medical practitioner may 'diagnose' you with probable adrenal fatigue from a questionnaire without looking at hormone levels.

If you have had a hormonal test like a salivary Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) test you will have figures for cortisol output. If this is the case then post your numbers up and you should get more specific advice. I know that "The Matrix" comes on here and offers very helpful advice without addressing things in an isolated manner.

The reason numbers and diagnosis method is important is because you could have an inverse cortisol pattern i.e., low in the morning and high in the evening, low cortisol output throughout the day or be completely flatlined. One of which is much more severe and methods used to treat it will be different.

I have tested my ASI before and have worked to restore adrenals after feeling like I had some milder form of adrenal fatigue and have had varying success, hence the reason for more detail being needed.

I hope this is helpful.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Can some one go into detail about cfs is?

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can some one go into detail about cfs is?
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, my wife has trouble sleeping and bouts of extreme fatigue when she doesn't rest enough. It's much like having flu symptoms cuz the white count goes way up. She needs to sleep around 12 hours a day.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
how does one develope it

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If im feeling run down, rest and good food is a must. Relaxation techniques, such as breathing, taking walks at a park or getting massages ( drink pleny of water after words ), really help me. A detox program, or just eliminating certain foods and drinks help and so does a proper mind set.

To help prevent this from happening again, regular moderate excercise and stretching. Or a relaxing vacation ( if you can afford it ).

Supplement wise I like-
Endoamp max- a cortisol reducing supplement and all natural
Bcaa's- taken regularly reduces cortisol
B complex vitamin- helps to rebuild and support the nervous system
Anti-oxidants- reduces free radicals that destroy cells ( Vitaberry, one of the best supplements for an antioxidant source, even when on a low carb lifestyle )

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember some posts awhile back about people running Reset AD for this type of problem.
Agreed. Worked like a charm for me when I was a stim junkie! Great product.

I would be curious to know how you were diagnosed with adrenal fatigue. As far as I am aware it isn't a condition which is recognised by doctors unless you have complete adrenal insufficiency i.e. Addisons disease.

Functional medical doctors tend to look at it like a spectrum, you can have decreased output but still have output. I have seen many medical doctors argue about the diagnosis of 'adrenal fatigue'.

It could depend on steps taken, for example a functional medical practitioner may 'diagnose' you with probable adrenal fatigue from a questionnaire without looking at hormone levels.

If you have had a hormonal test like a salivary Adrenal Stress Index (ASI) test you will have figures for cortisol output. If this is the case then post your numbers up and you should get more specific advice. I know that "The Matrix" comes on here and offers very helpful advice without addressing things in an isolated manner.

The reason numbers and diagnosis method is important is because you could have an inverse cortisol pattern i.e., low in the morning and high in the evening, low cortisol output throughout the day or be completely flatlined. One of which is much more severe and methods used to treat it will be different.

I have tested my ASI before and have worked to restore adrenals after feeling like I had some milder form of adrenal fatigue and have had varying success, hence the reason for more detail being needed.

I hope this is helpful.
Excellent post ;)

chris_in_cal

Awards
There is no universally accepted notion of how someone gets CFS. There are some commonalities. Usually there are two camps, someone gets it and after one or two years it sort of goes away, and the other camp gets it and it seemingly never goes away. Other commonalities that people usually get a flu like illness and that seems to be the beginnings of it.

Recent research suggest there might be a viral component to it. The suffers of CFS are hoping and praying that a source or cause can be discovered, as it might lead to treatment.

The really really hard thing it that there currently is no biological marker to confirm that somebody has it...there is still discrimination from folk who think it is psychological. It was once primarily seen as a psychological-based illness. This is almost completely gone now. The gold standard is if this virus being studied or some other biological mark is found to accurately diagnoses people.

It is, pardon the French, a mother****er for those folks who have it.

Nolopr

Awards
I hope this info help you understand and to deal with the situation... t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/the_adrenal_fatigue_cure

The article is really easy and informative....