Should I use an AI while on long term Test Cy. for TRT

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.36%

Should I use an AI while on long term Test Cy. for TRT

I have searched quite a bit, but most AI info seems to be for PCT. I am on a prescribed regular dose of TC from my doc, but I was wondering if something like Formadrol Extreme would give me any benefit as an AI while on the TC.

Thanks to anyone that can answer this or point me in the right direction.

44 y/o
    5' 10"
    228 up from 214 before TC
    bench up 50 lbs

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.57%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Ive never touched the stuff(injectable test) but Ill tell you what I know. If you inject too much test, an AI might help you keep your estrogen in the healthy range. If your really on TRT, then you shouldnt need an AI, the same way a guy who naturally produced healthy testosterone levels wouldn't need an AI. If estrogen becomes an issue, it probably means you should either lower your dosage, or split it in half and take it twice as often, to have more stable blood levels of test.
  3. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

If you are heavier and have more aromatase, you might find your estrogen levels higher than you'd like . You can get them tested; running a low dose of an ai like arimidex could be useful.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.33%

Speaking as someone on trt , although i have high estrogen its never been an issue and if you take an AI you could be doing more harm than good because estrogen has a good effect on blood lipids and has other benefits As long as your getting the test to balance it , i wouldnt worry too much.
    What you could do , which is something i do , take indole-3-carbinol and reservatrol which help with estrogen "management"
    Your diet also can help and should consist of broccolli;brussels sprouts and cauliflower All have the indoles which help with controlling estrogen -hence the supplement named above.

The previous poster is right -the fatter you are , you have more of the aromatase enzyme especially if you have fat around your waist.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.36%

Quote Originally Posted by corsaking View Post
    Speaking as someone on trt , although i have high estrogen its never been an issue and if you take an AI you could be doing more harm than good because estrogen has a good effect on blood lipids and has other benefits As long as your getting the test to balance it , i wouldnt worry too much.
    What you could do , which is something i do , take indole-3-carbinol and reservatrol which help with estrogen "management"
    Your diet also can help and should consist of broccolli;brussels sprouts and cauliflower All have the indoles which help with controlling estrogen -hence the supplement named above.

The previous poster is right -the fatter you are , you have more of the aromatase enzyme especially if you have fat around your waist.
    Thanks, but I don't understand what you are saying. The first part says an AI might be bad, but then it says to take reservatrol to help with estrogen management. Isn't that an AI?

I am not fat by any means, but I definitely have some middle age fat around my center. My waist is about 33".

Thanks A LOT for these answers and please help me clarify this!
  6. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

The only real answer is to get the E2 ultrasensitive test, and see where your levels are. Nobody can guess as to whether you'd be better off with or without it otherwise.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber View Post
    Thanks, but I don't understand what you are saying. The first part says an AI might be bad, but then it says to take reservatrol to help with estrogen management. Isn't that an AI?

I am not fat by any means, but I definitely have some middle age fat around my center. My waist is about 33".

Thanks A LOT for these answers and please help me clarify this!
    Aromatase inhibitors work by blocking the enzyme aromatase, which turns the hormone androgen into small amounts of estrogen in the body. AIs found in nature have a much weaker effect than a drug -and are combined in some pct products
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34%

hey guys im new to all this much less this forum but may i touch bases on the second item mentioned, "ive never touched"... sorry to be so blunt but does anyone know Where to find a legitimate vendor for the test. if so, i thank you all in advance
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.33%

[QUOTE=b.random;2610640]hey guys im new to all this much less this forum but may i touch bases on the second item mentioned, "ive never touched"... sorry to be so blunt but does anyone know Where to find a legitimate vendor for the test. if so, i thank you all in advance[/QUOTE

this could be breaking forum rules
  10. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Not only is that against forum rules, but seriously at 5'11" and 160lbs, you have plenty of natural growth capacity first.
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.72%

I started trt a few years ago. I was on Androgel and started getting gyno syptoms. My doctor wouldn't prescribe anything for it and so I found a source and got some arimidex. Unless you're having estrogen related sides, I wouldn't worry about it.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.96%

i would use a small amount to optimize yourself 100%. While higher e2 isn't a bad thing if you are having negative sides, getting in the sweet spot can yield more than you thought possible. I feel great without my arimidex, however i notice that i'm fuller, more bloated, and more emotional to good things and bad things...with a 1/8 to a 1/4 E3D, my bloat is reduced drastically, mood is more dry and I look feel better, blood pressure is lower.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Long Term Test Boosters
    By nobel252 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 02:53 AM
  2. Nolvadex side effects short term/long term
    By titstatus in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 11:11 PM
  3. Long Term AI Use
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 35