New to the Site -Starting Over - AnabolicMinds.com

New to the Site -Starting Over

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  290 lbs.

New to the Site -Starting Over

Well I was web searching for something different and found this site. So far, the information here has been great. Have a question for some of you guys. I started my life change at the beginning of the year. In January, I just turned 38 and was pushing 360+lbs. I know, I know, extremely bad. I wasnt always like this. When I was in the Military, I was very physical and weighed about 205. Due to a few injuries and many changes in the last 14 years, I ended up looking like the fat guy on Austin Powers. Its been only 8 months and I'm currently at a weight of 290. I gave myself an initial year goal that by next February I would be around 240. My final goal is around 210-220. In the past month and a half I have changed my workout direction from only weight loss to mass muscle gain and of course to lose more weight. I know thats kinda battling each other. My weight loss has slowed down, but my muscle size has gotten considerably bigger and stronger. I am currently on work assignment in the Middle East so working out is not a problem (nothing else to do here). I work out 6-7 days a week. Hour weight training and 30 minutes to an hour of cardio. I started taking supplements this past month also. I currently take Amp Creatine 189,Ammino 1000, and a powerful thermogenic. Im forcing myself to take at least one day off a week. Thats the hard part. I still have the mindset that if I miss a day, I will gain my weight back. I'm working on that.

After all the rambling, what I am asking is for some stories of other that have gone from one extreme (blob) to the other (body that makes the younger generation jealous) or even some feed back for the other "wise old" guys. I believe that the way I'm going about my change is working, but it never hurts to hear of other ideas that other has done.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Welcome to The Forum.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    4'6"   lbs.

I would give myself 3 years to get to target weight. If weight is shed too quickly it seems to come back quickly. Light weights with high reps will burn calories and of course, caloric restriction. I hope that helps you and thanks for serving!
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  251 lbs.

Welcome man, I too was overweight and tipped the scales at 310 in high school. I have been killing the gym every since and feel great. I will never go back to them days. Good luck.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by fifjean View Post
    Well I was web searching for something different and found this site. So far, the information here has been great. Have a question for some of you guys. I started my life change at the beginning of the year. In January, I just turned 38 and was pushing 360+lbs. I know, I know, extremely bad. I wasnt always like this. When I was in the Military, I was very physical and weighed about 205. Due to a few injuries and many changes in the last 14 years, I ended up looking like the fat guy on Austin Powers. Its been only 8 months and I'm currently at a weight of 290. I gave myself an initial year goal that by next February I would be around 240. My final goal is around 210-220. In the past month and a half I have changed my workout direction from only weight loss to mass muscle gain and of course to lose more weight. I know thats kinda battling each other. My weight loss has slowed down, but my muscle size has gotten considerably bigger and stronger. I am currently on work assignment in the Middle East so working out is not a problem (nothing else to do here). I work out 6-7 days a week. Hour weight training and 30 minutes to an hour of cardio. I started taking supplements this past month also. I currently take Amp Creatine 189,Ammino 1000, and a powerful thermogenic. Im forcing myself to take at least one day off a week. Thats the hard part. I still have the mindset that if I miss a day, I will gain my weight back. I'm working on that.

After all the rambling, what I am asking is for some stories of other that have gone from one extreme (blob) to the other (body that makes the younger generation jealous) or even some feed back for the other "wise old" guys. I believe that the way I'm going about my change is working, but it never hurts to hear of other ideas that other has done.
    Now 37, gave battled with weight since school, about 10 yrs ago was 320lbs, managed to drop to around 200lbs and then put another 50-60lbs back on until about 18mths ago when I decided to take control, now around 188lbs and still leaning out - Ongoing Log

From FAT to PHAT, my journey so far...

Happy to be here bro, I'm sure you'll find all the support you need here at AM! It's great
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Luckly you're in kansas and there isn't much else to do. Good luck and welcome
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  188 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knowbull View Post
    I would give myself 3 years to get to target weight. If weight is shed too quickly it seems to come back quickly. Light weights with high reps will burn calories and of course, caloric restriction. I hope that helps you and thanks for serving!
    Great post knowbull, I agree but lifting heavy also builds bigger muscle and more muscle means more calories burned... Both work, I like to cycle both approaches to try prevent plateaus BUT totally agree that goal has to be long term - first time I lost the weight it was too fast, I didn't look my best and I really hadn't learnt any lessons.. No chance this time around

Also make sure you follow a defined workout programme, log your reps weight measurements food diary etc eventually you will learn what works best for your body

It's a journey, not a race
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  270 lbs.

GREAT for you. i'm kind of in the reverse situation. close to a year ago, at my job (nightclub where i work security) a customer was trying to dip out on a sizeable tab. when i tried to collect, he ran me down with his car giving me a severly broken arm and leg. anyways, at the time i was a competitive bb'er, weighing around 290 (off-season). i was laid up, on serious pain meds, for nearly 4 months of virtually no physical activity. my weight plummeted to 225 and i coulod hardly stand to look in the mirror. after 5 surgeries, countless doc. apptmnts., phy. ther, and a ton of agonizng hours in the gym, i'm back up to around 280 and in pretty solid shape. still have a good bit of work to do, but am more motivated and determined than ever. so, keep up the great work. take those days off. you need a break. physically, and mentally.
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Keep at it !!I am in Wichita Kansas and 3 years ago i top 285 pounds,but after weigth and cardio training i am around 210, just keep up the good work and you will get there!!

Similar Forum Threads

1. new to the site
    By DEE151 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 11:26 AM
  2. Injection site site.
    By pistonpump in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 03:10 PM
  3. Bodyfat help (7 site or 3 site method?)
    By NYhomeboy in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 07:37 AM
  4. Starting 1st cycle/new to this site
    By iron-mind in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 09:57 AM
  5. i love this site but im starting to get angry
    By love2dip in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 08:58 PM