Can an old man get huge?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User

Can an old man get huge?

Pretty much, what I want to see is opinions if a 35-40-45-50 year old with a decent foundation can get HUGE with the right training/diet/drugs/supplements.

I see old guys who are kinda big, and old guys who are ripped and old guys who are in good shape, but can one get huge, I mean really huge at that stage of life?

Before anybody takes offense, I fall into the above mentioned age categories, and only use the term "old" to distinguish the parameters of my question.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    PHF Anabolic Trinity Epistane, Trenavar, and Mentabolan - Available Now!!
    Celtic Labs-Trestobol, HaloMass, Celitren, Ostabal and more Available Now!!
    PHF Rep/Celtic labs

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Without roids i think it would be very hard to do. Even keeping test levels high would not make you huge. Some of the otc supps would help.
    •   

4. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Definitely possible, just harder the older you start. HGH + Testosterone can work wonders on anyone
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Registered User

Albert beckles didn't start bodyduilding till he was 52...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  171 lbs.

IDK. I'll be 42 this fall. stats: 5-6 170 lbs. Bench 335, squat 400, never maxed out. Only a few PH cycles...otherwise just lots of good food/protien shakes, and herbal supps+my vitamins.

I'm trying to get huge, but the size of my stomach just wont let me. Can't eat enough to get to 185lbs.lol
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.

yes and its not that hard if you have had a good workout history.in many cases i think its easer at 35 then 25 when it comes to diet nutrition and not drinking.the bigest problem i have is joints they do not hold up as will as they did at 25
  8. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wedlund6 View Post
    yes and its not that hard if you have had a good workout history.in many cases i think its easer at 35 then 25 when it comes to diet nutrition and not drinking.the bigest problem i have is joints they do not hold up as will as they did at 25
    exactly....additionally, now that I am 34 I realize I train smarter and with greater discipline than I did at 24 or even 14
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  9. Registered User

im 30 and my bf is very low and my muscle are the biggest they have ever been.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.

Damn it !!! why didn't I think of that.... at 56 I guess I'm old, you are as old as you feel...lol. Just kidding, there is only one difference, we have to lift a lot smarter not harder. At 32 I was 241 at 5'7'' I never thought as being large, now I'm 181.5 and still growing..again. I do believe that diet and correct supplements can make all the difference. It's easier today to stay on a strict diet and workout, than it was years ago. I see us older guys getting bigger all the time, healthier and stronger.
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    Damn it !!! why didn't I think of that.... at 56 I guess I'm old, you are as old as you feel...lol. Just kidding, there is only one difference, we have to lift a lot smarter not harder. At 32 I was 241 at 5'7'' I never thought as being large, now I'm 181.5 and still growing..again. I do believe that diet and correct supplements can make all the difference. It's easier today to stay on a strict diet and workout, than it was years ago. I see us older guys getting bigger all the time, healthier and stronger.
    i feel better now than i did in my teens and 20s. i got rid of all the sugar,i dont eat,drink,and wash with anything that has a dye in it. i went all natural and only eat twice per day. best i have ever felt
  12. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate2827 View Post
    i feel better now than i did in my teens and 20s. i got rid of all the sugar,i dont eat,drink,and wash with anything that has a dye in it. i went all natural and only eat twice per day. best i have ever felt
    Only eat twice per day?!!! Are they 2 giant ass meals?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.

I'm taking some downtime from the gym and I still have to eat 4x to 5x per day. I worked out with a guy who did the am/pm one meal and it was working for him. I would have withdraw doing that.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    and Ageless is 65 now with updated pictures

that big enough for you?
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguns View Post
    I'm taking some downtime from the gym and I still have to eat 4x to 5x per day. I worked out with a guy who did the am/pm one meal and it was working for him. I would have withdraw doing that.
    carb cycling at our age mate
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post

that big enough for you?
    and i dont consider myself old but at 43 i ainn no spring chicken but i absolutelu guarantee ill get there, i have the determination and im aquiring the knowlege

Ageless old buddy you inspire me
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.

I think its a lot easier to get big at older age if you used to be big in your youth then if you never worked out much.

Muscle has memory.

Im 41, lifted hard until my early 30s, then stayed in fair shape. Then woke up last christmas and realized somehow fat-pigness had creeped up on me. Busting my ass now to get back to my prime levels, and Ive found its coming back quick....but Im thinking that actually passing any lifts that I had in the past is going to be far more difficult then regaining what I lost.

We shall see. Im certainly going to try.
  18. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

Being smarter has its advantages, but I get injured more, have lower test levels and my insulin has had years of sugar. I used to never get hurt from lifting. Although being smarter keeps test high I'm still no 25yr old. Also I dont think my insulin is working as well as it used to when I was young. Trying to reverse the insulin damage. I'm 36 and still trying to get large but I've accepted the fact that I'll never be 6'0 240 with abs.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.

I can not set limits, I set goals. I have to agree with edwitt, he wants it and he is going after it. I'm getting my cruise controll fixed, 16 wk cycle planned start July 1st may be delayed but I have a workout and 7x per day meal plan. The wife took it to work and her nutritionist is reviewing the meal plan. ( she works at a rehab center ) Three bases now are covered, next is what to stack with test e during the 16 week run. At the end of cycle it is what it is, 200 maybe 205, no new injuries goal complete whats next, g2g again!! In short, set a goal and go for it, just one goal after another.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  196 lbs.

Didn't mean to step on anothers thread, anyone can put their .02 in on cycle thread. We just have to review our health issues and set new goals. My goals are smaller and well planned, I have had enough gym injuries and it takes alot longer to recover.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Ageless now 65

Just does TRT levels of Test that it and a good diet

Name:  33097d1273026776-gym-pics-61-p5040062.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  144.8 KB

Big enough for you
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Wow - he still has hair! Congratulations to Ageless on looking great. At 46, I am currently bigger than I have ever been. I started lifting 30 years ago, although I was not really consistent until about 2 years ago. I still use a lot of weight, and have been fortunate to avoid injury so far. I am working on losing some BF, and am shooting for 190 lbs at 8% BF by the end of the summer. To compare, I competed at age 21 and weighed 165 lbs.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

One other comment I forgot to make - I have 2 friends here in town, and all 3 of us are 46 years old. Both of them are also in the peak condition of their life, and both became IFBB pros last year at age 45. They motivate me every day. The bottom line is that there are many examples of older guys reaching new heights in physical condition all around us.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MEPSE View Post
    One other comment I forgot to make - I have 2 friends here in town, and all 3 of us are 46 years old. Both of them are also in the peak condition of their life, and both became IFBB pros last year at age 45. They motivate me every day. The bottom line is that there are many examples of older guys reaching new heights in physical condition all around us.
    thats great im 43 and ive got a lot of work to do but id love to get to competition level in a couple of years
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

I've got work to do as well, but we can do it.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

I've got work to do as well, but we can do it.
    Well I ain't kidding you can follow my progress as I am logging the journey

Link to that log in my signature
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

My biggest issue to getting "huge" at 36 is the fact that I do not cut weight from around my waist the way I did when I was 22. I could cut weight by thinking about it back then and now I cut weight everywhere except my abs. So, at 202 now, I wouldn't want to put my body through the gauntlet it would have to endure to reach, say, 225-245, with low bf. That would mean that I would have to be around 255-265 in order to cut down to 225ish and stay around 8% bf. That isn't going to happen, period.

On top of that, my joints are seriously killing me after each and every session now when back 10-14 years ago, I never had knee, back, ankle issues. That alone would keep me from getting "huge" right now.

I have decided to look the best I can at 200-215 with as low bf as I can achieve. I can look huge at this weight if my bf is low enough. When i was around 235, around age 20ish, I was kinda of miserable in terms of comfort.

But, of course, as the pic above shows, there are exceptions to all of these rules.
    ---The destruction of my enemies is to make them my friends---
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    My biggest issue to getting "huge" at 36 is the fact that I do not cut weight from around my waist the way I did when I was 22. I could cut weight by thinking about it back then and now I cut weight everywhere except my abs. So, at 202 now, I wouldn't want to put my body through the gauntlet it would have to endure to reach, say, 225-245, with low bf. That would mean that I would have to be around 255-265 in order to cut down to 225ish and stay around 8% bf. That isn't going to happen, period.

On top of that, my joints are seriously killing me after each and every session now when back 10-14 years ago, I never had knee, back, ankle issues. That alone would keep me from getting "huge" right now.

I have decided to look the best I can at 200-215 with as low bf as I can achieve. I can look huge at this weight if my bf is low enough. When i was around 235, around age 20ish, I was kinda of miserable in terms of comfort.

But, of course, as the pic above shows, there are exceptions to all of these rules.
    For joint

Cissus and Animal Flex and stretch stretch and stretch some more lifting will be so much more enjoyable. If ur an AAS guy stay away from Winny add NPP to any cycles

And for the belly carb cycling works like a dream for me

Taper those carbs off during the day get em in around WO and fasted cardio

Id be glad to go into further depth

Stop by my log anytime and ask away
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

I'm 35, stand 6ft 2in and weigh a pretty solid and lean 240lbs. I'm not "huge" by modern day bodybuilder standards, but certainly one of the beefiest guys in my gym. I have 18.5 inch arms to boot.

Now, to answer your question....I started bodybuilding at the age of 33 and my starting weight was about 195, so I gained a significant amount of lean muscle mass in the course of two years and in my 30's!

Make no mistake, genetics plays a major role in determining how "huge" one will get au naturel. I've never taken any juice, PH's, etc. However, I am leaning towards trying my very first PH cycle with something like H-Drol to see if I can pack on a few more quality pounds of muscle and increase my strength a tad.

I eat a very clean, high calorie diet and consume a decent amount of quality/complex carbs and protein. My supps include multi-vitamins, fish oils, flaxseed, creatine AKG, l-arginine AKG, glutamine, glucosamine, and ZMA.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. I have started using PH's somewhat regularly, and I like the results. Some older guys (like DreamWeaver) get good results from herbs and test boosters, and some don't. I feel like all of the above work for me, and I just keep switching around to keep gaining. I personally like to pulse PH's 3 times per week on workout days, and I only use OTC PCT. I am working on shedding the extra fat right now, and will be using P-Mag next. I did feel like Prime worked well also.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

Sounds like you're doing everything right. I have started using PH's somewhat regularly, and I like the results. Some older guys (like DreamWeaver) get good results from herbs and test boosters, and some don't. I feel like all of the above work for me, and I just keep switching around to keep gaining. I personally like to pulse PH's 3 times per week on workout days, and I only use OTC PCT. I am working on shedding the extra fat right now, and will be using P-Mag next. I did feel like Prime worked well also.
    You mentioned you "pulse" PH's 3 x per week. I am familiar with the "pulse" method and its mixed reviews and so I would be interested to hear how it's working for you???
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Check out my log

Link in my signature

The pictures at the beginning show a tall lanky out of shapy 42 year old man, scroll down and you will see how far I have come in a short period of time and I'm still growing, I am ever conscioud of injury especially as I've come so far and would hate to be derailed by injury.

That being said nothing is slowing me down I just take every known precaution to man, take a look and if you wanna get big there's no reason why age should be a factor,

After a life time of being skinny I set out a very detailed plan and its working
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by C Dub805 View Post
    You mentioned you "pulse" PH's 3 x per week. I am familiar with the "pulse" method and its mixed reviews and so I would be interested to hear how it's working for you???
    I have liked pulsing because it reduces sides for me, and I feel like my shut down is minimal. I also tend to run longer when pulsing - M-drol for 6 weeks and M1,4ADD for 6 weeks, bridging into D-plex for 3 more weeks (took about 10 weeks off after M-drol before the M1,4ADD). My first PH cycle was Epistane every day for 5 weeks, and I shut down hard. Also, I feel like pulsing works better for older guys. Everyone is different, but I will stick with pulsing from now on.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by edwitt View Post

that big enough for you?
    66 That guy is one of my idols!
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

Yes he is one of my trie inspirations
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  248 lbs.

My new log

Sponsored LG Log

Operation "Get Swole" takes an assist with GHenerate & I-GH-1

Come and sub for support,

thanks one and all
    Eat clean, piss dirty
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  230 lbs.

How is the "pulsing" working for you and what compounds do you pulse?
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

49 years old first h-drol cycle need help

just started my cycle monday it looks like this
    75/75/75/75/75/75
    first pill 7am second+third at 3pm
    cycle assist 11 am &9pm pre loaded 10 days prior

pct
    pct assist
    nolva
    inhibit e
    also have some arimadex
    need help with the proper dosege

supplements
    gnc sport vita pak
    pre workout dymatize xpand
    post workout wheybolic 60 3 scoops & vitargo 2 scoops
    also just pick up anmial pak traning pak

any help would be greatly appreciated
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Using Herbs can work but it takes a lot of discipline and planning. The advantage is the ability to take then for long periods of time and run them back to back. The only other reasonable alternative would be TRT and that is not easily done here in Canada, or so I hear. From what I have read and seen though TRT would make me a lot bigger and leaner than I do on herbs. My Natural test is still pretty high though so I don't want to depend on synthetic just yet, or maybe never....
    Mind and Muscle Board Representative I am not a physician and any advice is solely based on personal experience with various products
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadBlocK View Post
    Pretty much, what I want to see is opinions if a 35-40-45-50 year old with a decent foundation can get HUGE with the right training/diet/drugs/supplements.

I see old guys who are kinda big, and old guys who are ripped and old guys who are in good shape, but can one get huge, I mean really huge at that stage of life?

Before anybody takes offense, I fall into the above mentioned age categories, and only use the term "old" to distinguish the parameters of my question.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    id like to sidetrack this if i can ,sorry OP, and ask can an older guy say 45 upwards, build muscle . Im lucky enough to have test replacement therapy- every 11 weeks i get a fresh supply of testosterone which peaks for approx 5 of those weeks at the upper end of the range for a man.Yet despite trying to do everything by the book , building muscle has been and is a hard task.

So whats the missing link?

I train 4x a week for approx 1 hour, Cardio is limited to walking and in the gym about 10 min on the bike.

I take creatine, bcaa, a preworkout -all the usual supplements but it s very hard work.
    So do you reach a point in your life that all you can expect to get from a gym session is to maintain a decent shape,and stay in good health -i just dont know.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 09:48 PM
  2. Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 08:31 PM
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 10:28 AM