50 year old looking for some input on Dosage for Cyp

Boneskin

Awards
Recently, I've pondered the idea of starting back up on cycling and have been really looking into starting Test Cyp.

I have heard some great things about it and thought I'd try to go that route. But because I haven't cycled in many years, alot of things have changed for me which is why I'm here asking for the old heads advice :)

I read up on the cycle section and so forth but haven't found much more specific to Cyp and the recommended dosages. I've mostly read that it's best to use about 2-5 IU's per day however....I do not know how to convert the IU's to mg for proper "Sticking"

Anyhow, my question would be...If I took say 1 UI per day, what is 1 IU equivalent to in terms of syringe usage and mg's.

I just want to make sure that when I do start cycling again, I am using the proper converted amount. The Cyp is already mixed in the normal 10ml vials.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PS: Ageless....Keep up the hard work! You look simply awesome and I'm sure are a huge inspiration for many here.

jphouse

Awards
Are you looking to use cyp to get your levels back or to do a high cycle.

Boneskin

Awards
Are you looking to use cyp to get your levels back or to do a high cycle.
Mostly to get the levels back, but then again I never thought about starting off with a high cycle simply cause it's been a while since I last was on any cycle.

I suppose either or would work, I'd likely rather try to shoot for a high cycle at the start, but at my age and having been out of it for a few years I'm not sure if a high cycle in the start is such a great idea...It may be better to start by boosting the levels back first at a smaller rate than a high.

But as I said, I'm open to both

longrob

Awards
My T-Cyp comes mixed at 200mg per mL. So you can convert it from there. For TRT, I use 100 mg per week, or 0.5 mL on the syringe.
I inject ~17 iu, 3 times a week subcutaneoulsy with a short needle insulin syringe for the past two years. Gives me TT of approx 650.

Boneskin

Awards
My T-Cyp comes mixed at 200mg per mL. So you can convert it from there. For TRT, I use 100 mg per week, or 0.5 mL on the syringe.
I inject ~17 iu, 3 times a week subcutaneoulsy with a short needle insulin syringe for the past two years. Gives me TT of approx 650.
I don't know how to convert it, that is what I'm asking originally.

Basically I have this:

10ml of Test Cyp 250 (Which has 250mg)

I simply want to know how much mg are equal to an IU for this specifically, since I can not find any proper conversion as each drug has a different ratio.

If someone can simply just say...Inject X ml with Syringe for X IU of Test Cyp 250 that would be amazing, as I am simply loss right now with this whole conversion stuff since everyone I see seems to simply be saying they use IU's as opposed to cc's or ml.

Granted I understand it's different for each drug, I'm sure someone out there can be of help some more when it comes to finding out how much ml/cc are in an IU for Test Cyp 250

longrob

Awards
A. This is not the Steroid Cycling forum.
B. I have never heard of T-Cyp 250 (which would be 250mg of T per milliliter).
C. 1 cc = 1 mL= 100iu on a 1 mL syringe.
D. T-Cyp dosage is per mg not X ius, so if you want 125 mg of testosterone, fill a 1 mL syringe up half way to the 50iu mark with your 250.
E. Are you just yanking my chain? Some forum reading will certainly mention the dosage ppl are taking.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
a normal TRT dose would be from 100-150mg /wk so 1/2 ml would be fine in your case

jphouse

Awards
If you do a low dose like 140mgs a week i would spread it out over the week like 40mgs on mon 40mgs on wed 60mgs on fri

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Oh oh. This is how it starts...Your going to love the trt dose and start to feel good again...a little more and you'll feel great...a little more and your physique starts to look 20 years younger...Since you did it in the past, I say go for it. You only live once.

Muslmass

Awards
This is why I stay out of the forums for the most part, the misinfo is rampant.

1. Test cyp is commonly called depoTest by your pharmacist. Common as snot. It comes 10ml bottles of 200mg/cc. Anything more is underground lab manufactured. Sustanon is commonly 250mg/cc but thats not manufactured in the US.

2. If someone on here feels young again at 100mg test of week, you simply don't need it.

3. There is ZERO benefit to try talking about test in IU's. IF you are talking about 1-2 IU's per day, you are probably confusing test with HGH. Low dosage anti ageing of HGH runs 1-2 IU per day.

4. Test is NOT manufactured to be administered subQ. Its an intramuscular injection. Read the insert with the drug. If you are afraid of needles, go to the gel.

5. Multiple small doses a week may theoretically keep your levels constant but at 500 total test in your blood, who cares? Average normal range for an old man of 50 is about 180 to 842. I can get my last labs out and check if you need an exact answer. If your dr is going to monitor your levels to keep himself legal, then your average has to be under that 842 top number. IF like me, you feel like crap on small doses, then you may have to forgo the numbers and work by how you feel. Thats what its all about any way right? Geritol is far cheaper if you are worried about putting something into your body. Work with your dr.

6. There is ZERO reason to go through multiple needles per week to try to maintain some small amount of test in your system. After 20 years of working with myself, just do one shot per week and be done with it. Again, if you are afraid of needles, use the gel.

Hope that helps. I don't watch the forums closely so if you want me, come leave me a private msg.
BDM

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
My doctor has me on 100mg of test cypionate every five days. My level went from 275 to 775 and up as high as 1000. That seems to be my perfect dose. Hope this helps!

HurtinPounds

Awards

1. Test cyp is commonly called depoTest by your pharmacist. Common as snot. It comes 10ml bottles of 200mg/cc. Anything more is underground lab manufactured. Sustanon is commonly 250mg/cc but thats not manufactured in the US.

2. If someone on here feels young again at 100mg test of week, you simply don't need it.

3. There is ZERO benefit to try talking about test in IU's. IF you are talking about 1-2 IU's per day, you are probably confusing test with HGH. Low dosage anti ageing of HGH runs 1-2 IU per day.

4. Test is NOT manufactured to be administered subQ. Its an intramuscular injection. Read the insert with the drug. If you are afraid of needles, go to the gel.

5. Multiple small doses a week may theoretically keep your levels constant but at 500 total test in your blood, who cares? Average normal range for an old man of 50 is about 180 to 842. I can get my last labs out and check if you need an exact answer. If your dr is going to monitor your levels to keep himself legal, then your average has to be under that 842 top number. IF like me, you feel like crap on small doses, then you may have to forgo the numbers and work by how you feel. Thats what its all about any way right? Geritol is far cheaper if you are worried about putting something into your body. Work with your dr.

6. There is ZERO reason to go through multiple needles per week to try to maintain some small amount of test in your system. After 20 years of working with myself, just do one shot per week and be done with it. Again, if you are afraid of needles, use the gel.

Hope that helps. I don't watch the forums closely so if you want me, come leave me a private msg.
BDM
strong irony

ceo

Awards

BDM
oh good someone said it!

IUs? SubQ? those things go with HGH, not Test.

Cyp (Depo Test) is also manufactured in 100mg/ml. I have a bottle of Pfizer Depo Test that is 100mg/ml.

v1hyp

v1hyp

Awards
My doctor has me on 100mg of test cypionate every five days. My level went from 275 to 775 and up as high as 1000. That seems to be my perfect dose. Hope this helps!
I'm at 1/2cc (100mg) every 7 days. wen from 140 to 440 on my 1st blood test after starting. next check is in Dec.

zorrin

Awards
I'm injecting myself twice a week, 1ml per injection, test cypionate 250mg/ml. I'm 43 years old, weight training every day (which I could never manage at 23), and lifting personal bests (not important to me - I'm just doing it to look good).

So that's 500mg per week, for 10 weeks. this is much more than a testosterone replacement therapy dose, but moderate by bodybuilding standards. I'm about 4 weeks in, and have gained about 20lbs (mostly muscle, but some water, as raised T levels also cause raised estrogen levels unless action is taken to prevent estrogen formation).

Test cypionate or enanthate are slow-release-type injectibles, so they take a few weeks to build up, but only one injection is required per week to keep plasma levels stable (I split mine into two, simply because I have 2 butt cheeks, and 1ml per cheek per week doesn't ache too bad).

Go ahead and go for it. You read all sorts of horror stories with certain steroids, but testosterone is natural to the human body, and has all sorts of health benefits, it builds muscle, and helps libido. You've been on testosterone since you were a teenager, and survived. Us old guys aren't often ill through too much testosterone - we get frail through not having enough.

It may be worth considering using HCG in low doses every few weeks. When your body detects large quantities of testosterone, your own balls aren't signalled to produce any, so they go to sleep and shrink. HCG in low doses keeps them awake, so when your last injection wears off, your balls are ready to start up again as quickly as possible.

tsetosterone is usually referred to in mgs, or mgs per ml. HCG is in IUs.

A 10ml vial of 250mg/ml test cypionate contains ten x 250mg, or 2500mgs total (2.5g), dissolved in 10mls of a sterile oil.

Ponderosa

Awards
If I could add anything to what Zorrin said it would be to add Anastrozole to the mix the day after your Test Cyp injection.

I'm at 400 mgs of Test Cyp a week and I'm 51 and training pretty hard.

After my last natural show I tested quite low for Test and decided that fun with my wife and lifestyle in general were more important than simply testing clean.

Test Cyp is great for your sex life but so is HCG......a small sub q injection of HCG on Friday and Saturday night will put the boys on a rampage.

But find a good HRT clinic first.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established

BDM
Good post, but there are some benefits for some men injecting more than once a week. I inject twice (HRT)
For some men this keeps estrogen low enough that they don't have to use an AI in addition to their HRT. Other men don't have this problem and can inject once a week with no problem.

squatmonster

Awards
If I could add anything to what Zorrin said it would be to add Anastrozole to the mix the day after your Test Cyp injection.

I'm at 400 mgs of Test Cyp a week and I'm 51 and training pretty hard.

After my last natural show I tested quite low for Test and decided that fun with my wife and lifestyle in general were more important than simply testing clean.

Test Cyp is great for your sex life but so is HCG......a small sub q injection of HCG on Friday and Saturday night will put the boys on a rampage.

But find a good HRT clinic first.

My old training partner is 53 and he was using test cyp he was prescribed from his Dr. anyway he was given 10ml bottle 200mg . He was told to only use one injection a week and after 6 or so weeks they moved him to test Prop and was injecting every 3 days.

He was given HCG and said the exact same thing you are about feeling great . He swears by this . I say ex partner cause I havnt really seen him much since the HCG lol , no joking it must be good . I had to post about this after reading your post

oldguns

Awards
  • Established
Doc changed me to sub-q 6 months ago, wanted me to try it. Injecting test e this way is a pain in the butt. No pun intended, I have injected bis, delts before no problem, takes longer to inject this way. I prefer im injections myself, I have been doing them for over 3 yrs and to me it's the way to go. I'm 57, and I'm going on my first cycle in over 25 yrs, so I guess I belong to the over 35 group. Just did my bloodwork and 400 mgs. for the first week, then it's up to 500 mgs, blood pressure doing fine, 125/72 hr 64 after coffee not bad. I will be using test e during cycle and doing daily BP checks just to make sure everything is good to go. I wonder how many of us " old folks " as they put it are on cycle and making gains and getting good results...

Last edited:

whytknyt05

Awards
Doc changed me to sub-q 6 months ago, wanted me to try it. Injecting test e this way is a pain in the butt. No pun intended, I have injected bis, delts before no problem, takes longer to inject this way. I prefer im injections myself, I have been doing them for over 3 yrs and to me it's the way to go. I'm 57, and I'm going on my first cycle in over 25 yrs, so I guess I belong to the over 35 group. Just did my bloodwork and 400 mgs. for the first week, then it's up to 500 mgs, blood pressure doing fine, 125/72 hr 64 after coffee not bad. I will be using test e during cycle and doing daily BP checks just to make sure everything is good to go. I wonder how many of us " old folks " as they put it are on cycle and making gains and getting good results...
I've been injecting sub-q for the last year. My test is at the same exact levels as when I was shooting IM. People simply do not want to let go of the past on this one. I inject twice a week and my hgh ed except weeknds. all subq and my levels have never been better. Yet everytime someone mentions injection test "SubQ" people jump right in with the "You dont inject test subq; you must be talking about gh". Nope; I mean test. If you want a long needle in your ass; by all means continue. As for me; 6 inches off the navel is just fine

besherman

Awards
I am on trt (weekly shots) but feel like crap at 600 ng. On higher doses I have been up to 1200ng and feel great but my dr. freaks out and lowers my dose. The doc wants me around 6-700ng and I want to be twice that because that's what FEELS right.

I have researched the hell out of this and can't find ANY evidence that being in the 1200ng range poses ANY health risks at all--except if one has EXISTING prostate cancer in which case T can make it grow faster. In my case, I have ZERO family history of prostate cancer, get regular PSA (never higher than .7--and often lower), and annual prostate exams.

Sorry for rambling but my dr. is frustrating the **** out of me. Why must she be so obssessed with an arbitrary raw score and not be flexible enough to give a patient what it takes to actually feel better--particularly when there is no real health risk involved?

JohninAZ

Awards
What size needle are you using for the sub Q test injections? is it tough to push the juice through?

I use Test Cyp and Deca for my HRT and was thinking about this sub Q option.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
What size needle are you using for the sub Q test injections? is it tough to push the juice through?

I use Test Cyp and Deca for my HRT and was thinking about this sub Q option.
I use a 27g insulin needle, but I've never heard of anyone being prescribed deca for HRT.

JohninAZ

Awards
It's only a small dose of 100MG/week, helps lube the joints from old injuries. I know other guys that it's been prescribed to as well. Not very many though. I have some 27g needles laying around here, maybe I'll give the Sub Q Test/Deca a shot.
Have 30g needles for my HCG, but I don't think that juice will make it through there.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
It's only a small dose of 100MG/week, helps lube the joints from old injuries. I know other guys that it's been prescribed to as well. Not very many though. I have some 27g needles laying around here, maybe I'll give the Sub Q Test/Deca a shot.
Have 30g needles for my HCG, but I don't think that juice will make it through there.
I could definately use that for the arthritis in my knee, but my doc will not even consider it.
A 27 will take longer to draw. You have to be patient. I've never tried a 30, but I would try it if I had some.

JohninAZ

Awards
You get any lumps under the skin or any other issues with the sub q injection? Thanks for all of the answers.