I'm in the Club ...35 and over!!!!

Jaydela25

Awards
As of yesterday I join the 35 and over club....Any supplement/workout advice for me brothers...

P.S. I feel better now then when I was 21...HAHAHA

JD

EMARTIN

Awards
  • Established
Many of us are much further into the club... Welcome.

I am one of the "new old guys" and learning as I go. Getting the diet dialed in and working on my lifting routine. Basic supplements are in order and am now learning all I can from this site and the good folks on it to further my growth and knowledge. SOOO much to learn.

Again, welcome!

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
As of yesterday I join the 35 and over club....Any supplement/workout advice for me brothers...

JD
Well I'm 24. Can you give me some tips on what makes you feel better?

Jaydela25

Awards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydela25

JD

Well I'm 24. Can you give me some tips on what makes you feel better?

Experience! I know what to avoid, therefore I feel better.

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
I agree with the experience. I started around age 15, and 30 years later I'm still working out. If only I had been as consistent over those years as I have been the last 2 years...

Rommel65

Awards
If it helps

JD
I use creatin, NO2, and amino acids. I lift like this. Mon - chest/back/ tues - arms/ wed - legs. Thur cardio only. Friday - I start the cycle over again. I do 20 to 30 min of intenese cardio a day, and lift for maybe an hour a day, but I lift super heavy and intense. I get compliments all day wherever I go, it feels pretty good. I don't count calories. I just dont put any crap into my body and eat tons of protein. Thats just me though. Some guys like to camp out in the gym, they are there for hours, I got a wife and kids, and it takes me 90 min to drive one way to work.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
All around sounds great for overall health, heart and body! What are your goals? Where do you see yourself in a couple years?

I'm 41, around 170 lbs and bench 335, squat around 450. I work out for me. My kids 2,7, and 10 say dad looks like a buff freak. I take that as a compliment.

I run circles around the 20-somethings at work. I do concrete work. Don't know mabey I work smarter not harder.

Anyway stick with it! Take care of you. I'm sure you work with plenty of people that are fat and out of shape. How is their quallity of life?

Kudos to taking care of you! I've been hunting in the western mountains several times. The last thing one wants there is a guide wondering why a couple guys in your party can't keep up.

I only have one life. I make the most of it. For me, my kids, my adventures!

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
You're no different at 35 than you were at 34. What worked then, should work now. The reason I say that is everyone's different so, if you've kept on top of things, you already know what's been working for you.

You need to train smarter, not because you're older, but (assuming you're a serious trainer) closer to your own limits. All the tried and true supplements are as true for people in their 20's as well as 50's (protein, omega's and other joint stuff, creatine, etc).

Other than real diseases like cancer the biggest thing to watch is your natural test, BP, and cholesterol, get them checked now and again