B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TNT - Men of a Certain Age

ABOUT MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE

John Lennon once wrote, “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” For three men entering the second act of their lives, those words are starting to hit home in TNT’s newest original series, MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE. This wry drama stars Emmy® winner Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond), Golden Globe® winner Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap, Star Trek: Enterprise) and Emmy winner Andre Braugher (Homicide: Life on the Street, TNT’s Salem’s Lot). It marks a return to series television for Romano, who created MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE with Everybody Loves Raymond Emmy winner Mike Royce. The two serve as executive producers, along with Rory Rosegarten and Cary Hoffman.

MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE explores the unique bonds of male friendship among three men experiencing the changes and challenges of mid-life. They have been best friends since college but now, in their 40s, are navigating through the second act of their lives. Joe (Romano) is a friendly, slightly neurotic, recently separated father of two who had dreams of being a professional golfer. Now he owns and runs a party store. Terry (Bakula) is a laid-back, handsome actor who seems to breeze through life (and women). Lately, he’s spending more time working as a temp than as an actor. And Owen (Braugher) is an overstressed husband and father of three who endures constant criticism from his father, for whom he works as a car salesman.

These friends face very different challenges. Joe, who currently lives in a hotel, tries to connect with his kids and is dipping his toe in the dating pool, while also struggling with the gambling problem that may have ended his marriage. The unmarried Terry scoffs at domestic issues but sometimes wonders if his own single life is all it’s cracked up to be. Owen does everything he can to climb the sales board at his father’s car dealership and keep his cool over the seemingly endless renovation project in the home he can barely afford. Through it all, these men are there for each other when it counts.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Men of a Certain Age: Season 1, Episode 1

Men of a Certain Age - Pilot

Joe, Owen and Terry have been friends for years. Joe, a party-store owner who once had dreams of being a professional golfer, struggles with his recent separation from his wife. Owen, a put-upon auto salesman, tries to make ends meet while working for his demanding father. And Terry, a handsome part-time actor, hopes to recapture the glory of his past. Between daily lunches at a local diner and hikes in the hills overlooking Los Angeles, the three do their best to support each other through the challenges mid-life throws at them.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Men of a Certain Age: Season 1, Episode 2

Men of a Certain Age - Let It Go, Sneak Peek

Joe has been living in a hotel since separating from his wife, Sonia (guest star Penelope Ann Miller), but he’s starting to think about finding an apartment. Owen, who is one of the auto dealership’s weakest salesmen, winds up with an embarrassing dealer car, one his wife simply will not accept. And Terry goes overboard trying to track down a man who nearly ran him over.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Looks good. A bit of humor. A bit of drama. None of the "who's guilty this week" ****.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
WOW, Hollyweird is hurting so bad they have to advertise here?

You act. I don't care about your political affiliations, if you are green or not, are a member of greenpuke or a neonazi!

Shut up and act, sing, whatever your tallent is.

I could give **** one less about your agenda!

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:blink:
They have medication to treat that turrets syndrome nowadays.
Good luck with that.

About the show: I actually liked it. Dry humor that can be related to, I suppose.

You act. I don't care about your political affiliations, if you are green or not, are a member of greenpuke or a neonazi!

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It certainly beats the hell out of, "So you think you can dance", "American Idol", "The greatest loser" and all the other worthless voyeuristic reality shows that Americans so desperately cling to.

Real life is a whole lot different than reality TV people. I liked the show. Not "A" rate television but a far cry from the bull**** that is all over out networks these days.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Far out man...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't watch any reality tv, at all. I don't get to watch too much now other than movies on dvd or on demand but i do try and watch Scrubs, House, and Family guy. Definitely not top tier stuff but i try and pepper it with History and Discovery channel stuff :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't watch any reality tv, at all. I don't get to watch too much now other than movies on dvd or on demand but i do try and watch Scrubs, House, and Family guy. Definitely not top tier stuff but i try and pepper it with History and Discovery channel stuff :)
Ditto. I actually have to DVR Men of a Certain Age, because "men of this certain age" can't stay up that late to watch it ;)

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

Fcks with you dude?

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I was "so you think you can dance" because my wife used to be into the arts, watches it eveey week and I try to support what she does as she now teaches some of it.
Other than that, I do not watch any sitcoms or talk shows at all.

Damn? Come to think of it, I haven't watched tv since the heisman? Anything new in thw world? lol

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Between reality TV and "who's guilty this week", I think this is the type opf show I'm gonna end up watching. I'm only 24, but there is nothing else on.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is on our prime time networks is on because it sells. This is the crap that people want to see. I am embarrassed for our species...seriously.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What is on our prime time networks is on because it sells. This is the crap that people want to see. I am embarrassed for our species...seriously.
It is what it is. I am an avid reader, so I never pay too much attention to what is on unless Football is on. I do, however, watch the History Channel and A&E when I am not reading. Did anyone else watch the WWII-HD 5 night event? Wow! I pre-ordered the DVDs.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dunno B, i'm not sure if it's "on tv because it sells" or if it "sells because it's on TV"

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is what it is. I am an avid reader, so I never pay too much attention to what is on unless Football is on. I do, however, watch the History Channel and A&E when I am not reading. Did anyone else watch the WWII-HD 5 night event? Wow! I pre-ordered the DVDs.
I can only watch a show when it is DVR'd so I can view it in 40% the time - less commercials.

I've been longing to be "a reader" but there is so few free waking hours that are not accounted for.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I can only watch a show when it is DVR'd so I can view it in 40% the time - less commercials.

I've been longing to be "a reader" but there is so few free waking hours that are not accounted for.
Well, if you ever find the time, I have a book with your name on it.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established

I think this guy thought the thread was about "Men of a scenile Age".