I love this forum

1. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Answers

I love this forum

I turn 60 in a couple of months. I feel like I'm 30 and do most of the same things I did when I was 30 (softball, basketball, biking, lifting, jogging, etc). I'm always the oldest on the team but I can still hold my own with the kids. Most of the time I am the oldest lifter in the gym and I feel as if I'm the only one may age still pursuing a better body and better health. This forum lets me know I am not alone. Thanks to everyone on this site.

Praise GOD from whom all blessing flow.

2. Advanced Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I turn 60 in a couple of months. I feel like I'm 30 and do most of the same things I did when I was 30 (softball, basketball, biking, lifting, jogging, etc). I'm always the oldest on the team but I can still hold my own with the kids. Most of the time I am the oldest lifter in the gym and I feel as if I'm the only one may age still pursuing a better body and better health. This forum lets me know I am not alone. Thanks to everyone on this site.

Praise GOD from whom all blessing flow.
    Great to hear BBB...I started seriouly training with an older friend of mine back in 2002...at the time he was about 54 or older and he was pretty big as well since he worked and still does as a CO at a local facility. Always good to see older people gettin "work" in...
  3. New Member
    Answers

That is great to hear BBB. I gain tons of knowledge and ideas from this forum. I am 46 now and love the lifestyle. I too feel like I am 30. God willing, I will still be living it when I am 60. All the best!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

BBB, welcome aboard. At 68 I am just one of many here who turn the calendar back and then stomp on it. In the gym I use, there are several ex competitive BBers and PLers both, who continue to train hard and are up to 10 years older than me. You too can continue to enjoy and improve for another couple of decades. Believe it and go for it. Viel Glueck!
  5. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    BBB, welcome aboard. At 68 I am just one of many here who turn the calendar back and then stomp on it. In the gym I use, there are several ex competitive BBers and PLers both, who continue to train hard and are up to 10 years older than me. You too can continue to enjoy and improve for another couple of decades. Believe it and go for it. Viel Glueck!
    keep on killing those weights, dutch.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    keep on killing those weights, dutch.
    Thanks for the encouragement T. I just finished a two month hiatus so I could care for the Dutchess who was diagnosed with lung cancer and needed 8 weeks of radiation and then they found brain tumors and had to do emergency surgery. She is stable now and I started back two weeks ago. I lost about 50 lbs off my bench but I can feel it starting to come back. I just have to go out and prove it all over again. Gives me a goal to work towards and it does relieve the stress. I think we often underestimate how much our iron lifestyle helps there.
  7. Diamond Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman View Post
    Thanks for the encouragement T. I just finished a two month hiatus so I could care for the Dutchess who was diagnosed with lung cancer and needed 8 weeks of radiation and then they found brain tumors and had to do emergency surgery. She is stable now and I started back two weeks ago. I lost about 50 lbs off my bench but I can feel it starting to come back. I just have to go out and prove it all over again. Gives me a goal to work towards and it does relieve the stress. I think we often underestimate how much our iron lifestyle helps there.
    i am sorry to hear about your wife, damn that's rough. i hope she is going to be ok, and yes the iron lifestyle is very good at helping with life's stresses. good luck, tom.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. God I love RPM...
    By nparisi in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 03:23 PM
  2. You love RPM.... but what about IGF-2?
    By Vitruvian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: 08-29-2007, 03:15 PM
  3. Can you Love more than one?
    By sourinthemind in forum General Chat
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 03:43 PM
  4. New Forum for Diet/Health/Nutrition/Supplement/Vitamin/ Forum
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-12-2006, 03:22 PM