Idiot with back pain........

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I have struggled with back pain for months now. I do not have a ruptured disc....I know what that feels like because I have had one. But I do have arthritis in my lower back which I keep irritating. I can be pain free as long as long as I don't do anything stupid in the gym. The workout that I have been doing is one that keeps my back out of everything. I thought I would do this until the pain goes away then I would start building my core and lower back up slowly.

The problem is that I just cannot get myself to the point where the pain will allow me to start building my core and back. My fiance says stop lifting period until you get to that point.........................THAT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

I know that you guys know exactly what I am talking about because most of you are probably as stubborn and committed as I am.

I have thought that maybe I should just focus on cardio for a month.....and not lift with the exception of a little seated arm work....and then see where I am. I am really interested in cutting right now anyway.

I need advice guys.....I am sick of eating 12+ advils a day every day! I have been to the dr and they said that my lower back was very inflamed but no ruptured disc.

Burly

Awards
two words, Water therapy. I guess you didn't take the words to heart when You posted something like this the last time. Not trying to ride your ass but this sort of thing, just won't go away.
You would be surprised how much better you will feel.
The other thing you may want to do is if it's that inflamed. Go see a back Dr and they can give you a shot in your back like a Corticosteroids But it has something else like IBU too. but this only works for I think 14 days. The other is Sorry to say this but you wife is correct, REST. But you limit your self to just the water therapy you can maintain all your hard work that you gained before. infact you will see that you have inproved some of those hard to fix areas that lifting can't do. in order to give you back some time to calm down. again REST.

Sorry but there is no easy anwser you just need to rethink your training until the back gets some R&R. I was in the same place you were in almost a year ago and now I have never felt better in my life. I think I'm just as hard headed as you say you are. I thought water therapy was only for *****s, well that and old people. WRONG. put your pride aside and try it.
If I can find my work out that my Dr. and PT gave me I'll see if I can copy them and put a link to them for you. One last thing you need to get some aqua gear hand paddles (aqua-gear.net/Paddles-c15.html) Here is one link to give you an idea what they are like. the ones I have look like a dumbbell but both ends are flat and you open and close some holes on the paddles for more or less water to go through. now they do have some that do look just like dumbbells but they float they will work for some workouts.

Your best bet to to look up some PT offices or Rec center and see what ones have pools and alot of them will let you pay a few bucks to use all of there equipment along with the pool.

Hope you atleast try it for a 1-2 weeks.
Good luck.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Thanks......I am taking it easy and just working cardio right now......gonna a little arm work and that is it for a while.....water therapy sounds good but i don't know.

Burly

Awards
I know just what you mean, I too had that mindset about it until I was in so much pain I was willing to try anything, well almost anything ( go under the knife ) I couldn't even move, I had to have the EMT's come and hall me out of my house, and rushed to the ER.
You don't know what do you have to lose?? hmm I know back pain..
Just try it.

rpsly

Banned
Awards
I have struggled with back pain for months now. I do not have a ruptured disc....I know what that feels like because I have had one. But I do have arthritis in my lower back which I keep irritating. I can be pain free as long as long as I don't do anything stupid in the gym. The workout that I have been doing is one that keeps my back out of everything. I thought I would do this until the pain goes away then I would start building my core and lower back up slowly.

The problem is that I just cannot get myself to the point where the pain will allow me to start building my core and back. My fiance says stop lifting period until you get to that point.........................THAT IS EASIER SAID THAN DONE!

I know that you guys know exactly what I am talking about because most of you are probably as stubborn and committed as I am.

I have thought that maybe I should just focus on cardio for a month.....and not lift with the exception of a little seated arm work....and then see where I am. I am really interested in cutting right now anyway.

I need advice guys.....I am sick of eating 12+ advils a day every day! I have been to the dr and they said that my lower back was very inflamed but no ruptured disc.
Have you tried a chiropractor for you low back pain. When I train and my back give me trouble and adjustment by my chiropractor gets me back training again.