42 and back after TOO many years!

PcolaNurse

Awards
Hey...just dropping in to say hello. Just getting into my 2nd week back in the gym after at least 8 years. Yeah, after I had some pretty extensive surgery on my knee I let the laziness take hold. I got SO sick of physical therapy after a year you couldn't have paid me to go to a gym! Now I'm tired of being tired and out of shape so I'm starting all over. Joined a nice gym with a lot of helpful folks...quite a change from the last gym I was a member of!

I'm 42....5'5".....and weigh 185 when I started two weeks ago. Don't care too much about losing weight..Just trying to focus on strengthening and some size increases. Mostly looking to change my chest, arms, and waist. Typically my shoulders and legs kinda fall into place without too much help. Going to they gym 4-5 days a week and just started two days ago on some new supplements. I decided on using Jack3d, PowerFULL, and Glutamine to start with. Anyway....guess I'll be hanging around to see what I can learn!

sampson27

sampson27

Awards
I hear ya, 42 as well and have been back at for a little while myself. good luck to you and your goals. I really liked jack3d and continue to use. I have tried a lot of supps over the years and continue to expirement to find what works. I would suggest a good Multi Vit. and fish oil as well. Will help getting your body the nutrients it needs now and will a host of other things(joints, etc). I have tried a lot of supps over the years and certainly have found that as you get older the effects are different from when I was say 25.

Ray Luv

Awards
O my goodness. What a similar story Pcola. Im 3 years back and training is more of an addiction these dayz. My motivation is remembering the pain... the pain in my mind. The depression and anxiety and dough and absence of confidence & nobody knowing for lack of PROPER self expression & for showing weakness. Looking back on my mental and physical state, the iron saved my life. So welcome back, but not just to BB & it's physical blessings but to life and the re-newing of your mind. May God truly Bless you and your family.

johnnyblues

Awards
Keep up the good work , brother! I started back at 40 and took it slow and steady. I started lite but with a game plan to be in really good shape within a year. 17 months later I am 31 lbs heavier and leaner than when I started. I wondered if I could really get back into the condition of my college powerlifting, bodybuilding days, and now I am positive that
the best shape of my life is coming soon. The main thing that I noticed is that I recover a little slower and the first 3 weeks back was hell, but I started really light, but all the number keep going up (slowly). Jack3d is a good product.

Xman315

Xman315

Awards
Im about to turn 40 on 15th of December....Im 3 weeks back from years of no "real" training. Im on the fence about trying some of these new PH's. I questionable blood pressure, so Im waiting to get that under control first, before I run a cycle. Have any of you used or thought about using PH's??

WetWorks

Awards
Im about to turn 40 on 15th of December....Im 3 weeks back from years of no "real" training. Im on the fence about trying some of these new PH's. I questionable blood pressure, so Im waiting to get that under control first, before I run a cycle. Have any of you used or thought about using PH's??
PH's are a joke! at our age your able to get HRT = Hormone Replacement Therapy or at the very least TRT = Testosterone Replacement Therapy.

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
I am 46, and have used PH's several times. I am on my second week of low-dose M-Drol, and I have had good success with my previous runs. I am not interested in TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) until I really need it. My natural test levels are still quite high, but I would consider TRT when it is below normal (which I know will happen some day). I have used most of the available PH's, and I find that I respond differently to each. The key for me is taking enough time off before cycling again.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
I am 46, and have used PH's several times. I am on my second week of low-dose M-Drol, and I have had good success with my previous runs. I am not interested in TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) until I really need it. My natural test levels are still quite high, but I would consider TRT when it is below normal (which I know will happen some day). I have used most of the available PH's, and I find that I respond differently to each.

The key for me is taking enough time off before cycling again.
And your PCT?

What have you used effectively?

MEPSE

MEPSE

Awards
I don't agree with most here on PCT, so I don't say much about it. In my experience (and I am not making a recommendation, just telling you what I do), I have never needed a SERM and have never used one. Depending on the cycle, I might use an AI, and I typically use a test booster and milk thistle.

To date, I have used Epistane, M-Drol, M1,4ADD, P-Mag, and D-Plex. I didn't get much from the Epi other than major shutdown and a little recomp. I also didn't get much from an M-Drol pulse, but I am gaining using 10 mg every day instead of pulsing three times per week. I pulsed M1,4ADD, and gained a little but not as much as I expected. D-Plex works well for me for leaning up, and P-Mag was my favorite all around so far. While I was a fan of pulsing, I am experimenting now to see if I respond better to lower doses taken every day. After the current M-Drol cycle, I will try M1,4ADD in March.