76 yr old and LIFE SUPPORT - AnabolicMinds.com

76 yr old and LIFE SUPPORT

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  188 lbs.

Red face 76 yr old and LIFE SUPPORT

Ok here goes, my father in law had prostate cancer, they removed it, he's on Lupron(a test killer). He has to keep test down to maintain low PSA #, his total test is <12. He also has type 2 diabetes. He is just tired of being tired all the tyme, wuzwondering if this might help a lil, or if it would hinder? i have all his blood work #'s, if it helps?

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

i would suggest that if he is under medical care , then self diagnosis or self medication is not appropriate .I know it can be frustrating but any problems should be directed back to your doctor.With due respect to the guys who post on here, no-one knows their background and to what degree they are qualified to give the advice they do , myself included.So with that in mind and the fact that he is already being cared for by QUALIFIED medical professionals, i repeat my advice and go back to your doctor and enter into a friendly two way dialogue.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lyfespan View Post
    Ok here goes, my father in law had prostate cancer, they removed it, he's on Lupron(a test killer). He has to keep test down to maintain low PSA #, his total test is <12. He also has type 2 diabetes. He is just tired of being tired all the tyme, wuzwondering if this might help a lil, or if it would hinder? i have all his blood work #'s, if it helps?
    Talk to his doctor, many are open to alternative methods of healing......

Many doc's actually believe OTC products can work.

Also the mind is a powerful tool. The power of positive thought and prayer are underrated.

Prayers sent for your father in law. Best wishes on his recovery and well-being.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by lyfespan View Post
    its interesting that he has been given something to supress his test levels, there is a school of thought that estrogen has a part to play in prostate cancer because as we age test levels decline and estrogen increases.
    Its an interesting thought because of this:- male teen agers have the highest levels of test they will ever have during their adult life and low estrogen levels, why dont they develop the cancer at an early age?
  5. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

If you suppress test, you will have nothing but estrogen. Your body likes equalibrium.
    I'm not sure if there is anything you can do at this point. Certainly like corsaking said, I would let the doctors make the call on this.
    Life support is generally for overall good health. It will help improve lipid profiles, blood pressure, supports immune function, liver function and is a good antioxidant. But I don't think this will help very much with his problem.
  •