High estrogen levels

B

blackmalinois

Awards
I am currently on trt testim and I am gaining large amounts of weight in my stomach,lovehandle and underarm and upperback.I do not know my current test levels do to the fact that my dr did not give them to me. (I know I have the right to them and will be getting them) when we discussed them he stated that I was at the low end of normal. When I said I thought I should be around 600 free test he stated that wad way to high and sent me out the door with my testim script and said to come back in 6 months. Well my first to weeks on testim went great improved workouts morning wood pestering the wife can we do it again. Then week 3 hit 10 lbs of weight gain in above mentioned areas workout dropped back down again and no more morning wood or desire I have made an appointment with a good endro but I can't get in till aug 19th. I'm thinking it's an estrogen problem and was considering a natural OTC blocker but am not sure if that would help or hinder. By the way I am 44 5' 10 185# today at 194# workout 4 to 5 days a week and have a great diet. Any help would be greatly appreciated

C

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
how much testim are you using? smaller amounts used more frequently would produce less estrogen -less peaks and troughs.Im currently on Nebido in the UK and i know i have high estrogen but to the endo it doesnt seem to be a problem.I suppose to them getting fatter isnt a life and death situation and as my doc once put it . the trt is not to make you into superman but to replace what your body cannot make -no concelation i know.If you cannot get tested for high estrogen and get precribed arimidex, then you could use something like formex or 6 bromo.Without blood tests its very much trial and error but you can only guage how you think your levels are , when you take something like formex or 6 bromo.i currently take hyperdrol 2 x e o d .whether its working im not sure -i do get an erection through the night it wakes me up -but its soon lost on waking.
The support and knowledge of gps/endo is limited here in the UK . its a postcode lottery as to whether you get a good one or not.

B

blackmalinois

Awards
Testim 1% 50mg per 5 gram tube. 1 tube daily

B

blackmalinois

Awards
I understood the high estrogen binds up thr test. I feel like s..t again plus I'm getting fatter every day, WHATS the use? Today at work one of the guys said what happened I thought u were working out and then nicely said looks like your putting on the pounds. Remember this has happened in the last 8 days

C

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I understood the high estrogen binds up thr test. I feel like s..t again plus I'm getting fatter every day, WHATS the use? Today at work one of the guys said what happened I thought u were working out and then nicely said looks like your putting on the pounds. Remember this has happened in the last 8 days
i dont think you can accumalate fat as fast as you say .test converts to e through the aromatase enzyme.the more test you have the more for conversion .you might be more prone to conversion and an a i would be useful for you. in the meantime i would look at your diet to see what is high in calories and do less weights and more cardio.its a vicious circle the fatter you are , more test converts to e through the aromatase enzyme.

B

blackmalinois

Awards
Thanks for the help and your opinion. My wife sais it's not fat it's water weight. She takes care of my diet and honestly it's in order mostly protien nothing man made and as she sais just the right amount of carbs. Eat about 1800 hundred cals on off gym days and 2500 on gum days. I am in the private security business and need to add some size and strength. Only got on the test because I went to see the doc because I was feeling like crap no energy no labido and loseing strength. Was loseing my edge and in my bussiness that just doesn't work

C

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the help and your opinion. My wife sais it's not fat it's water weight. She takes care of my diet and honestly it's in order mostly protien nothing man made and as she sais just the right amount of carbs. Eat about 1800 hundred cals on off gym days and 2500 on gum days. I am in the private security business and need to add some size and strength. Only got on the test because I went to see the doc because I was feeling like crap no energy no labido and loseing strength. Was loseing my edge and in my bussiness that just doesn't work
good luck in what you decide

A

araa

Awards
If possible, get your estrogen (estradiol) and cortisol checked out with a blood test. These two tend to run high in us older gents. Both are relatively easy to control with OTC supps. I recommend low dose formestane transdermal if your E comes back high. There's tons of cortisol control supps out there, the best are discussed regularly on these boards (EndoAmp, 11-oxo etc.).

Maybe best not to involve your MD in your therapy. He/she will not like debating these things with you. There's a lot of guys here who are light years ahead of most of the medical community in "applied endocrinology." In the end, keep trying things til you find what works for you. You have every right to expect to look and feel better, especially if you're being diligent in the gym.

PS - Dump alcohol and caffeine for a year if you haven't already. This in itself is a great cycle for older lifters.

Sorry for the edit. But I'm a 48 year old male who's been doing these things for years. I'm not the cute chick in the pics. That's my wife.

Last edited:
B

blackmalinois

Awards
Update... Cut testim down to 1/2 tube daily. Started takeing novadex 2 caps daily. Have noticed an improvement in chest (breast) area. Stomach still bloated but wife sais looks better. Weight still at 194 but have put on some muscle and it hasn't gone up. Going to endo aug 20 will just ask for specific male panel to be done and then go from there. Only sleep 6 hours a day know my cortisol has to be up. What is a good OTC for this. Any help is greatly appreciated

C

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Update... Cut testim down to 1/2 tube daily. Started takeing novadex 2 caps daily. Have noticed an improvement in chest (breast) area. Stomach still bloated but wife sais looks better. Weight still at 194 but have put on some muscle and it hasn't gone up. Going to endo aug 20 will just ask for specific male panel to be done and then go from there. Only sleep 6 hours a day know my cortisol has to be up. What is a good OTC for this. Any help is greatly appreciated
cortisol reduction you could try phosphytidalserine there is some research on this , check it out on google , otherwise things like 11 test .cortisol is high in a morning and late afternoon , so im led to believe.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Get yourself some Suppress-C by CEL.
I think you'll find this works better than the oral 7-ketoDHEA.
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/competitive-edge-labs/suppress-c-120-ml.html