Info request for 56 year old - AnabolicMinds.com

Info request for 56 year old

Stats
    6'4"  225 lbs.

Info request for 56 year old

Due to back surgeries, I have been totally inactive for four years. I decided to hell with it and got back into golf recently. The more I exercise lately, the less strength I seem to have and the golf ball just goes shorter and shorter distance. I beg any of you to suggest whatever products that can help me get some upper body strength in the shortest time with the least amount of work outs. Due to back pain, I am very limited to how much I can exercise. I'll buy anything that can help me get back some length on the golf course. I don't care if I live to be 70 so long term side effects are not an issue. Living with pain constantly diminishes a lot more than strength (physical.)

I am six foot four, weigh 225 pounds and up to age 50 was a fire fighter in average shape. Thanks for any help in suggesting actual products I can buy and use.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by joegolf View Post
    Due to back surgeries, I have been totally inactive for four years. I decided to hell with it and got back into golf recently. The more I exercise lately, the less strength I seem to have and the golf ball just goes shorter and shorter distance. I beg any of you to suggest whatever products that can help me get some upper body strength in the shortest time with the least amount of work outs. Due to back pain, I am very limited to how much I can exercise. I'll buy anything that can help me get back some length on the golf course. I don't care if I live to be 70 so long term side effects are not an issue. Living with pain constantly diminishes a lot more than strength (physical.)

I am six foot four, weigh 225 pounds and up to age 50 was a fire fighter in average shape. Thanks for any help in suggesting actual products I can buy and use.
    look at supercissus or incarnate.
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.

Since I will turn 68 soon, I guess I am pushing that 70 number already. With a busted up back from a 70 mph head-on and three torn rotator cuffs I have some feeling for where you are at. My suggestion, stop looking for some magic bullet and fix yourself up. I couldn't agree more with the idea of using Super Cissus RX and maybe doing high rep, low weight workouts while you recover. You might add about 7 grams of Fish Oil as well because among it's many properties is it's healing power for joints and bones. Then you can build from there and go for more strength. It works. At my age guys go nuts when I rip a 3 Wood 290 or my 5 Wood 270. You are very young and can make a ton of progress if you want.
    •   

Stats
    5'8"  0 lbs.

I will be 56 in a few months. I agree with the suggestion to forget the magic bullet approach. You also seem to have a very fatalistic attitude about this which is counterproductive. I have had two shoulder surgeries, one knee surgery, detached bicep, triple fracture of left tibia/fibula with 13 screws and two plates for repair, over 10on the job auto collisions and numerous other minor injuries. I can lift almost as heavily as I did in my 30's, run as far as I want, etc. This did not come easily and has not been pain free.

Drop some weight, slowly up your aerobic capacity and add some resistance work until you regain the configuration of a young man, which is, after all, what you are. Time to man up! Do it carefully and with professional assistance if necessary. The rewards are great.
    Stats
    6'2"  219 lbs.

I figure I'll chime in on this one. I'm 55. Since 2002, I've torn my left bicep off at the elbow, and had the nerves to the hand damaged in the reattachment; had arthroscopic surgery to reduce arthritic overgrowth of the acromion and glenoid process in the left shoulder in August 2003, fell down a hill and tore my right quad off at the knee cap, and had major lumbar spinal reconstructive surgery (three discs with inserted material and a cage from S1 up to L2) in July 2007.

Since I've been back in the gym in July of last year, I went from 283 pounds to 223; 34% bodyfat to 16%, and have started adding muscle. I've added over 12 pounds of lean body mass since May -- 9 of that in the last six weeks on a new mass routine and diet.

My strength has been rising every day. When I got back in the gym last year, I could barely leg press 90 lbs. Tuesday, I did 15 reps with 795. Titanium-reinforced spine and all, I pulled 425 of the rack for rack deadlifts today, and my bench is back up to 225 for reps. My blood work and urinanalysis show that I'm healthier than most guys half my age. My cholesterol is 114 -- my HDL was 73. My triglycerides are 76. My blood pressure, which when I weighed 303 before the surgery was 160/110 without meds, is 108/69.

Getting back in the gym last summer is the best thing I've ever done for myself, and it gets better every day. Yes I take cissus, and fish oil, and a glucosamine supplement, and various other supps -- mostly from the Animal line. Their Animal Flex is a great joint protection supplement.

Joe, I don't know if you're still reading this thread you started, but I can tell you it's a matter of experimentation to find what works for your body, but no one supplement will do it without exercise to keep your joints moving and your muscles working and balanced.
    Stats
    5'10"  285 lbs.

x2 - I've been lifting with Firedrake for almost a year now and his progress and dedication is amazing.
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

i love to hear older cats talk about life in tearms of now and the future.....Dutchman &
    firedrake are doing just that.......i'm 59 and just got married for the first time.....also i'm stronger now than when i was 40.......i do self-medicate with a little test..proviron...
    and a few other goodies........but i study and ask questions.......although i don't go to the doctors because i have no faith in them.......................... ....

Similar Forum Threads

1. H-Drol info request??
    By angel77 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-06-2008, 03:16 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 10:29 PM
  3. Fourth Year Student: My Senior Year
    By Old Navy in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 159
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 02:27 PM