Rogaine

iron13th

iron13th

Awards
Just wondering what anybody thought about the use of Rogaine while on anabolics/prohormones? I don't have hairloss as of yet, but was planning on starting Rogaine just to prevent future hairloss. What are the opinions out there about using Rogaine, not only to prevent hair loss. but to combat the side effects of hairloss from the use of anabolics/PH's?

WarfareX

WarfareX

Awards
I don't think there's any issues or conflicts with using Rogaine/Minoxidil during an AS or PH cycle, that I'm aware of.

I have heard people caution against using Propecia/Finasteride during cycles however.

iron13th

iron13th

Awards
Thanks WarfareX! Yeah, that's exactly what I've been reading too, as far as the Propecia goes. I just bought some Rogaine, and read on the container afterwards that it said not to use it if you are not experiencing any hairloss. Also, it says don't use it for 'hairline' hairloss. Now I'm confused as to if I should use it at all. That doesn't make any sense to me that it would say not to use it if you are not experiencing any hairloss. That's what I had read it was good for, plus Dr. Oz backed that.

WarfareX

WarfareX

Awards
I'm only experiencing minor thinning, but I've been using Rogaine for a few years. I think it's worth a shot, the generic version is cheap (less than $20 for 3 bottles at WalMart). I've also used the research chemical version of Propecia. Do they work? Hell, I dunno. Nothing dramatic as far as regrown hair, but maybe they've kept me from losing more hair than I would have without using them.

I've also seen a number of people on various boards say that Rogaine actually DOES help the hairline at the front of the head. I always double dosed it...a dose at my crown, and a dose at my frontal hairline.

iron13th

iron13th

Awards
Thanks a lot for that link Methusaleh, very informative..appreciate the help!

WarfareX, I also appreciate your input, good to hear from someone with a similar interest as well as the background you have with using Rogaine. So, I am guessing you obviously ignored the label that says NOT to use Rogaine for hairline baldness. Glad to see you feel it is probably working. Think I feel safer using the product I bought now.