Newer "Old Guy" saying hello!

imaj

Awards
G'day,

I have been lurking for years and have finally found the desire to get back into weights. I use to be involved in bodybuilding back in the early to mid 80's. I never competed...but I worked out with Corrie Everson once in awhile back then. I had friends that competed and I guess I was their personal motivational coach.

Well, now I am 45 and trying to get back into the grind. It has been 6 months now and I cannot believe the gains and pains. I look better now (BIgger and more definition.) than I did in the 80's...Yet, my body fat in greater. I don't get it...but I am not complaining! :) Some body parts are always sore and golfers elbow is getting me on my left arm. (Bicep curls are difficult to perform.) Other then that I am happy to say that I have the drive back after 26 years. It feels good!

I am not really into any kind of diet. (Although I should. 5'11 250) I am taking 8 ounces of "ON" whey protein before and after my workouts and that is it. I am also consuming more proteins during the day too. Would anyone have any advice on other supplements I should be taking?

I should add that my last physical I found out (After a blood test.) that I have a "Fatty Liver".

I love this site.It is a great resource of info.

Thanks!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet first them supps.... there's lots of good natural alternatives but the diet has to be there.

imaj

Awards
Thanks DreamWeaver. You are correct. I am finding that hurdle to be the toughest of all.

Cfour

Cfour

Awards
  • Established
Glad you're gonna hang out with us bro....welcome. Dream is right. When I started working my diet is when things started to change. Went from 214 to 170. Now I'm working on putting "quality" weight back. Enjoy the forums friend....good company here.:wave2:

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
welcome to AM, and good on you for getting stuck into the iron :thumbsup: